First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
This is my first recall for this truck. Made it 6+ months.
Ford F-150 My first recall "retractor seat belt webbing incorrectly routed" 2021-08-26 00_36_45-Recalls — Mozilla Firefox
Sponsored

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Did you get a recall notice from ford and does it say what time frame the bad ones are in

OP
OP
Darkjeep

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
That was all that was listed in the ford app. My guess is it might be specific to Super cabs? Carfax listed the same level of detail. It was listed on 8/24 on the email.

OP
OP
Darkjeep

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
Update
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ucks-because-front-seat-belts-ma-a8939843610/

Vehicles recalled: 16,430 Ford F-150 SuperCab pickup trucks from the 2021 model year.

The problem: The front outboard (driver and passenger) seat belts might not be properly routed. A misrouted seat belt might not adequately protect the seat occupant in a crash, increasing the risk of injury.

The fix: Ford dealers will inspect the front outboard seat belts and, if they are misrouted, replace the seat belt retractor and pretensioner free of charge.

How to contact the manufacturer: Ford expects to notify owners by mail beginning Sept. 27, 2021. Ford has said that dealers will be given instructions on how to order parts and perform the repair during the week of Sept. 6, 2021. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 866-327-4236.

NHTSA campaign number: 21V653. Ford’s number for this recall is 21C20.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
After reading the Consumer Reports article I think I know how to assess if your Super Cab is affected. The front belts are anchored at the bottom of the suicide door and there is a rubber cover over the anchor. The belt is supposed to loop through the anchor and the covering. Apparently some of the belts just got looped through the covering.:eek: Fortunately the belts in mine are anchored properly. Hats off to the guys and gals at KCAP for hooking mine up correctly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Darkjeep

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
After reading the Consumer Reports article I think I know how to assess if your Super Cab is affected. The front belts are anchored at the bottom of the suicide door and there is a rubber cover over the anchor. The belt is supposed to loop through the anchor and the covering. Apparently some of the belts just got looped through the covering.:eek: Fortunately the belts in mine are anchored properly. Hats off to the guys and gals at KCAP for hooking mine up correctly.
Thank you for explaining that. I was trying to figure out how to check that.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Just checked on Ford's website, my truck is on the recall list. Although theres no notification in Ford pass! Great app, ha ha . Mine is a Kansas City build extended cab. Build date 3/24/21 are Dearborn trucks also effected?
Does anybody have pictures of the " mis routed" seatbelts. Or know exactly what the dealer will be looking for. I'm about to make a 5000 mile trip and would be interested in knowing this before I leave.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Hmmm
KC super built Jan 24
nothing in the FordPass yet

Sponsored

mblatz

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ranger
Got the FordPass notification, and just checked my truck. All good here thankfully. But yeah after reading the article and examining the lower attach point of the front seat belts it's pretty obvious what they are talking about - the thought of the belt being held only by the rubber boot around the metal eyelet is absolutely terrifying, the belt would not do anything at all in an accident! :eek:

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
We need pics of correct and incorrect routing here?
I got notice on MyFord website too. Nothing in Ford Pass. I'm no expert just checking it out.
Will look in a bit and get pics. Seems ok to me? Pulled belt(s) all the way out and seems secure? Seems if its routed through a rubber trim and not the proper anchor it would be obvious when you pull on it at 3 anchor points of webbing? Will research more.
Anyone get self assessment instructions yet? Due in Sept?

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ucks-because-front-seat-belts-ma-a8939843610/

https://myparistexas.com/ford-issue...ossibly-being-incorrectly-routed/?print=print.
Ford F-150 My first recall "retractor seat belt webbing incorrectly routed" 20210828_083627

If its in the door hard to tell, retractor and pretensioner? Could be at base but that's pretty obvious too when you feel it. If you pull belt all the way out seems ok but that's webbing either routed in the spring loaded coil or not, hard to get that wrong.
If its here it would be pretty obvious you can feel the anchor under the rubber trim:

Ford F-150 My first recall "retractor seat belt webbing incorrectly routed" 20210828_082908

Last edited:

overkillphil

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 limited hybrid picked it up 8-11-21
Occupation
retired
That was all that was listed in the ford app. My guess is it might be specific to Super cabs? Carfax listed the same level of detail. It was listed on 8/24 on the email.
the recall didn't say anything about the supercrew cab, am I missing something
Sponsored