Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Hi all,

I've been following the forum for awhile. Finally decided to join and share my build. I have a 21 F-150 XLT. The truck currently has Eibach Prototype Coilovers and Rear Resis, Baja Designs lights, Method wheels, Toyo 34" tires, Magnaflow exhaust, Mishimoto Intercooler, Leer camper shell, and a Bedrug. I will be installing an SPod BantamX as well this weekend. I plan on doing a couple more things to make the truck more enjoyable/useful for short camping trips but overall this is how the truck will be. Anything you guys have added to the bed of your trucks to make it more comfortable or useful camping without taking up too much space? I'd love to add a Dometic or other fridge in the future but not sure I want to take up the space for sleeping in the back. May think about getting a rooftop tent in the future but we will see. Let me know what you guys think!

Ford F-150 My F-150 build _DSC2162
Sponsored

Last edited:

jthomas386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Leadfoot 502A
would love to hear more about the eibach suspension?!? Have the new kit on order but I'm starting to get tired of the wait and would be interested to see if I should be patient or explore other options

Sethysan

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
Hey this is awesome! I am not going to piggy back your build thread, but I have owned a couple of f-150s over the years that I camp out of the back out of from weekends to 3 months. If you want you can PM me!

I also want a disclaimer I am very simplistic haha. I also broke my neck, most of my back and hips when I was in the Army, so I also like to sleep comfortably now! (I have a twin memory foam with cooling gel mattress I travel with)

Sponsored

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Nice. Now you just need an EZ lift on the topper with their integrated tent system and you’re all set.

NVSTG8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired Fire, Bomb, & Arson
Very nice rig. Great job on the build.

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
would love to hear more about the eibach suspension?!? Have the new kit on order but I'm starting to get tired of the wait and would be interested to see if I should be patient or explore other options
Full disclosure I am an engineer at Eibach. We have been working hard to make sure the kits for these new trucks are right. Depending on the exact application (4wd/2wd) some of our existing kits from the previous gen work and are listed though I can't remember which at this moment. Others need to slightly modified. For instance my truck is a 2wd and yesterday we were using it for more testing to fine tune the valving in the coilover shocks. We will probably do some more testing next week depending on our shop schedule to finalize the valving and get the coilover for the 2wd released. If you have any specific questions on a specific kit for your application I am happy to help as best I can.

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Nice. Now you just need an EZ lift on the topper with their integrated tent system and you’re all set.
I completely forgot about EZ lift. That's a great product. I was looking into those awhile back on my last truck but never pulled the trigger.

Sponsored

jthomas386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Leadfoot 502A
Full disclosure I am an engineer at Eibach. We have been working hard to make sure the kits for these new trucks are right. Depending on the exact application (4wd/2wd) some of our existing kits from the previous gen work and are listed though I can't remember which at this moment. Others need to slightly modified. For instance my truck is a 2wd and yesterday we were using it for more testing to fine tune the valving in the coilover shocks. We will probably do some more testing next week depending on our shop schedule to finalize the valving and get the coilover for the 2wd released. If you have any specific questions on a specific kit for your application I am happy to help as best I can.
Thanks for responding man... I've got the Pro-Truck 2.0 on order for my 502A with the 3.5EB and FX4. Purchased my wheels and tires a couple months ago and I'm now just waiting on suspension to level it out. Would any of the existing kits work for this? Honestly just looking to get it done.

Edit: Your truck looks awesome btw

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Thanks for responding man... I've got the Pro-Truck 2.0 on order for my 502A with the 3.5EB and FX4. Purchased my wheels and tires a couple months ago and I'm now just waiting on suspension to level it out. Would any of the existing kits work for this? Honestly just looking to get it done.

Edit: Your truck looks awesome btw
No worries! Yes, the coilover kit you have on order does work for the 21 F-150 4wd. I went out to our production shop and found the parts and where we are at to complete these. The tubes are being finished likely tomorrow and the piston rods are assembled and ready. Next they will go to filling to be filled with oil and nitrogen and the get the springs and all the finishing parts on. I would say these should hit stock at the beginning of next month. I've also included a photo of the final heights of the test truck we used with the coilover installed.

I know its frustrating waiting but we have been dealing with the same shortages everyone else has and some of our kits are backordered so far that as soon as parts get made they will ship out and go right back out of stock. That kit specifically we currently have 45 backorders so not that bad but other kits have hundreds backordered.

Hope this helps!

Ford F-150 My F-150 build IMG_0786

Ford F-150 My F-150 build IMG_0788

Ford F-150 My F-150 build IMG_2308

jthomas386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Leadfoot 502A
No worries! Yes, the coilover kit you have on order does work for the 21 F-150 4wd. I went out to our production shop and found the parts and where we are at to complete these. The tubes are being finished likely tomorrow and the piston rods are assembled and ready. Next they will go to filling to be filled with oil and nitrogen and the get the springs and all the finishing parts on. I would say these should hit stock at the beginning of next month. I've also included a photo of the final heights of the test truck we used with the coilover installed.

I know its frustrating waiting but we have been dealing with the same shortages everyone else has and some of our kits are backordered so far that as soon as parts get made they will ship out and go right back out of stock. That kit specifically we currently have 45 backorders so not that bad but other kits have hundreds backordered.

Hope this helps!

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg
Helps a whole lot actually man. Appreciate the thorough response and I’ll be waiting it out because of this!!

white_dc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F350 2022 F150 Tremor
Thats a nice rig! welcome!

Curious to know if Eibach is designing a specific coilover for the F150 tremor models or if the existing Stage 1 or 2 systems will work?

OP
OP
Matt_Bonilla08

Matt_Bonilla08

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Thats a nice rig! welcome!

Curious to know if Eibach is designing a specific coilover for the F150 tremor models or if the existing Stage 1 or 2 systems will work?
We have not seen a F150 tremor yet to confirm the heights or if an existing kit will work unfortunately. If it doesn't work I don't think we would make a kit exclusively for the tremor as they are fairly low volume relative to everything else but that depends on what it would actually take to make the kit work.
Sponsored