Sponsored

MY 23 Heated mirrors & wheel? Maybe Not 😡

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 150 Antimatter Platinum FX4
Yes.. I have not had to parallel park between cars more than once a year and im sure I can do it faster than the truck can. That was an easy delete for me.
Sponsored

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I think you are right.
Sure makes you wonder though on the Park Delete constraint?
What IS it that Ford can't get their hands on that has them giving back $685???

It's the only constraint that resulted in a delete on my 2022. I honestly didn't feel much disappointment for obvious reasons.
So odd.
My order has $365 for auto park assist removal and $300 for the multicontour seats.

Not exactly sure what's missing from the auto park, but the truck shows it still has co-pilot active. Must be whatever module is used to determine a parking spot or how to maneuver to park, because the parking sensors and motor to turn the steering wheel appear to still be there.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My order has $365 for auto park assist removal and $300 for the multicontour seats.

Not exactly sure what's missing from the auto park, but the truck shows it still has co-pilot active. Must be whatever module is used to determine a parking spot or how to maneuver to park, because the parking sensors and motor to turn the steering wheel appear to still be there.
My apology. You are correct on the $365, not $685

Ford F-150 MY 23 Heated mirrors & wheel? Maybe Not 😡 Screenshot_20221007-201435_OneDrive

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 150 Antimatter Platinum FX4
Cant remember exactly But mine was only a month ago and I think it was a $600+ delete on the auto park. didnt need it But retained the rest of the blue cruise stuff. That I didnt really need either. There was some other reasoning forgoing with the platinum High but dont remember for sure.
I know did want the nav to be connected "Built In" so I wouldn't loose the ability to enter a route after the subscription ran out. I dont have a window sticker yet or I would check.

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
Never notified about the mirror heat delete, but based on previous posts, I suspect they will be deleted. Imagine you need your truck for emergency response or snow plowing up north, and you have a choice of a brand with heated mirrors or no heated mirrors. For those that are not brand loyal, it could push a consumer to the other brand. IMO, this is a complete fail on Ford's part. It seems they are under extreme pressure to deliver x amount of vehicles in Q4. What Ford should do for anyone that ordered a 23, is at least give them the option of delaying, or come up with a plan to add them later. What I don't understand is the F series is your number one money maker. How could you not procure such a vital component for "the hardest working vehicle in America" so the commercials state.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SilverPigeon

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
Heated Mirrors are ON again, heated wheel still NO, some orders being cancelled. I will post the latest notices regarding these in 12 hours or so, unless someone else does first.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
Some orders being cancelled? Excited to hear more.

33F this morning and I enjoyed my heating steering wheel on my 9 year old QX56 😀

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
The updates are at the original link, looks like heated mirrors are available again!

I was pricing out a Ram 1500 (reluctantly) so this makes me very happy as a snowbound Canadian.

INFORMATION
Supersede of: Product Offering Changes: 23MY F150 Steering Wheel – Heat Removal and Mirrors, Sideview-Heated Glass Removal

Reason for Supersede:
Mirrors, Sideview - Heated Glass Removal (76X)
  • Due to the continuous changes in the supply chain, customers taking delivery of 2023MY F-150 trucks including Mirrors, Sideview - Heated Glass will no longer be required to remove Mirrors, Sideview - Heated Glass (76X)
  • Although we have gained chip availability to fulfill orders, the supply chain shortages continue to evolve. Further communication will provide future actions, if required.
  • Removal of the Heated Steering wheel will still be required on all new orders, scheduled and unscheduled units. This is listed in the Order Guide as Steering Wheel – Heat Removal (96X).
  • Order Guides for 2023MY F-150 will provide the removal code (76X) for Mirrors, Sideview - Heated Glass Removal, however the code has been disabled for use.
  • An updated Customer Acknowledgment Form has been attached.
ACTION REQUESTED
  • Due to the supply chain constraints, customers taking delivery of 2023MY F-150 trucks including Heated Steering Wheel and/or Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass must be informed that certain 2023MY F-150 trucks will not be equipped with Heated Steering Wheel. and/or Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass
  • Removal of Heated Steering Wheel and Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal are now required on all new orders, scheduled and unscheduled units.
  • The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of affected vehicles has been reduced by $140 for Steering Wheel – Heat Removal and $45 for Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal. This adjustment will be reflected on the window label.
  • Customers taking delivery of 23MY F-150 vehicles including Heated Steering Wheel and/or Mirrors, Sideview-Heated Glass must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and that they will not be charged for the feature(s).
  • Upon receiving this message, dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders.
  • Then starting Friday, October 7th, dealers should add Option Code 94X (Steering Wheel – Heat Removal)/or 76X (Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal) where applicable on unscheduled retail and fleet orders by October 13th, 2022. Unscheduled retail and fleet orders that are not updated by October 13th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on October 14th, 2022.
  • Most unscheduled stock and scheduled stock, retail, and fleet orders will be amended by Ford on October 7th, 2022.
SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their F-150 trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.
Steering Wheel – Heat Removal (94X)
  • Removal of Heated Steering Wheel is now required on all new orders, scheduled, and unscheduled units.
  • The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $140 for “Steering Wheel – Heat Removal.”
  • Upon receiving this message, dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders.
  • Then starting Friday, October 7th, dealers should add Option Code 94X (Steering Wheel - Heat Removal) where applicable on unscheduled 23MY F-150 retail and fleet orders by October 13th, 2022. Unscheduled orders that are not updated by October 13th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on October 14th, 2022.
  • Most scheduled and unscheduled stock orders and scheduled retail and fleet orders containing Heated Steering Wheel will be amended by Ford to include Steering Wheel – Heat Removal (94X) on behalf of the dealer on October 7th.
Mirrors, Sideview - Heated Glass Removal (76X)
  • Removal of Mirrors, Sideview-Heated Glass is now required on all new orders, scheduled, and unscheduled units
  • The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $45 for “Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal.”
  • Then starting Friday, October 7th, dealers should add Option Code 76X (Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal) where applicable on unscheduled 23MY F-150 retail and fleet orders by October 13th, 2022. Unscheduled orders that are not updated by October 13th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on October 14th, 2022.
  • Most scheduled and unscheduled stock orders and scheduled retail and fleet orders containing Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass be amended by Ford to include Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal (76X) on behalf of the dealer on October 7th.
CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers purchasing a 23MY F-150 with Heated Steering Wheel and/or Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass must sign the attached customer acknowledgement form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s).

Signed copies of the form must be maintained by the selling dealer in the vehicle deal jacket.

Due to the number of potentially impacted features on a particular vehicle, the Acknowledgement Form has been updated to include a check box for each feature that could be impacted. Dealers must check the appropriate box(es) on the Acknowledgement Form prior to asking for the customer’s signature. Failure to check the proper boxes could result in an erroneous assumption by customer that none of customer’s features are impacted.

Attached is a copy of the form and this form will also be available to download through FMCDealer.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I had beers with my buddy from the dealership today. He mentioned this and said he wouldn’t be shocked if it changes (for the better including heated steering wheel) again.

For those who have seen my posts - he made fun of me when I told him I was worried about screwing him over. He said he’s rooting for me to walk away lol.

Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
Heated Mirrors are ON again, heated wheel still NO, some orders being cancelled. I will post the latest notices regarding these in 12 hours or so, unless someone else does first.
Orders being cancelled…

https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...n-information/&do=findComment&comment=1194017

INFORMATION
2023MY F-150 Order Cancellations – Replacement Plan

ACTION REQUESTED
Certain scheduled 23MY F-150 orders will need to be cancelled due to plant mismatch errors
Affected orders will be cancelled by Ford Motor Company on October 14, 2022. All allocation will be returned to the dealers upon cancellation and replacement orders may be placed for impacted customers and stock orders
Dealers must ensure impacted retail orders are verified in COVP prior to being cancelled. Orders must be COVP verified no later than COB Thursday, October 13, 2022
Dealers must ensure replacement orders are submitted and COVP approved by COB Friday, October 21, 2022
SUMMARY
We will be required to submit cancellations on certain scheduled 23MY F-150s due to mismatches with the plant (for example, Dearborn only options scheduled for production at Kansas City) that these VLs are scheduled to. Both stock and retail orders were impacted by this error.

All allocation will be returned to the dealer upon cancellation of the orders. No further action is needed on the stock orders as allocation will be returned to the dealer to be used to schedule additional orders.

Impacted retail orders will need to be COVP verified prior to Ford cancelling orders on the dealer’s behalf. Dealers must verify orders in COVP by October 13, 2022 close of business. Dealers will be able to enter replacement retail orders for impacted customers. Replacement orders must be placed and COVP verified by close of business, October 21st.

The Field Sales and Inventory Teams will provide dealers a list of VINs being cancelled.

TIMELINE AND KEY DATES
October 13: COB (5:00 PM ET): Ensure all existing affected (to be cancelled) 23MY orders are submitted to COVP for verification/approval
October 14: Orders will be cancelled on dealers’ behalf
October 21: COB (5:00 PM ET): Dealers must ensure 23MY F-150 replacement orders are submitted and COVP approved by COB Friday, October 21, 2022
INCENTIVE & PRICE PROTECTION
Price Protection and Incentive Protection details will be communicated at a later date. In the meantime, it is essential that all orders (both the ones to be cancelled and the replacement retails) are COVP approved by the deadlines listed above.
Edited 7 hours ago by ice-capades

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
Too much freaking drama already regarding option availability on the ‘23s. 🙄
C’mon, Ford.

Highway 11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7L
I could use a comprehensive list of the deletes….
If you go into the dealer acknowledgement form in the link in the first post you’ll see all of them.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
This is a minor constraint on the 2023 F150 compared to some of the constraints on GM trucks right now. Although it does appear that GM will just not take your build or schedule it if certain constraints exist. (rather than delete it and build it anyway)

Or at least that's how folks on their forums are posting it. Plenty of fellas stating long months for their orders and the dealership telling them there's nothing they can do to get it scheduled unless they make necessary changes. (sounds familiar?)

Duramax constraints
Adaptive Cruise Control constraints
Super Cruise constraints
Air Suspension constraints
Max Tow
Heated seats and steering

It's really just an echo of what we hear on this forum.

It's a chip war out there and I don't think any manufacturer is immune.
Sponsored