MY 23 Heated mirrors & wheel? Maybe Not 😡

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74042-2023-f-150-production-information/, go to today's post. Credit: ice_capades @ blue oval forums

INFORMATION
Product Offering Changes: 23MY F150 Steering Wheel – Heat Removal and Mirrors, Sideview-Heated Glass Removal

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Due to the supply chain constraints, customers taking delivery of 2023MY F-150 trucks including Heated Steering Wheel and/or Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass must be informed that certain 2023MY F-150 trucks will not be equipped with Heated Steering Wheel and/or Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass
  • Removal of Heated Steering Wheel and Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal are now required on all new orders, scheduled and unscheduled units.
  • The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of affected vehicles has been reduced by $140 for Steering Wheel – Heat Removal and $45 for Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal. This adjustment will be reflected on the window label.
  • Customers taking delivery of 23MY F-150 vehicles including Heated Steering Wheel and/or Mirrors, Sideview-Heated Glass must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and that they will not be charged for the feature(s).
  • Upon receiving this message, dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders.
  • Then starting Friday, October 7th, dealers should add Option Code 94X (Steering Wheel – Heat Removal) and/or 76X (Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal) where applicable on unscheduled retail and fleet orders by October 13th, 2022. Unscheduled retail and fleet orders that are not updated by October 13th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on October 14th, 2022.
  • Most unscheduled stock and scheduled stock, retail, and fleet orders will be amended by Ford on October 7th, 2022.
SUMMARY
The automotive industry continues to be confronted by supply chain shortages of a wide variety of components used to manufacture Ford vehicles. As a way for customers to get their F-150 trucks sooner, Ford has implemented the following product offering change process.

Steering Wheel – Heat Removal (94X)
  • Removal of Heated Steering Wheel is now required on all new orders, scheduled, and unscheduled units.
  • The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $140 for “Steering Wheel – Heat Removal.”
  • Upon receiving this message, dealers should communicate with retail and fleet customers regarding changes required to their orders.
  • Then starting Friday, October 7th, dealers should add Option Code 94X (Steering Wheel - Heat Removal) where applicable on unscheduled 23MY F-150 retail and fleet orders by October 13th, 2022. Unscheduled orders that are not updated by October 13th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on October 14th, 2022.
  • Most scheduled and unscheduled stock orders and scheduled retail and fleet orders containing Heated Steering Wheel will be amended by Ford to include Steering Wheel – Heat Removal (94X) on behalf of the dealer on October 7th.
Mirrors, Sideview - Heated Glass Removal (76X)
  • Removal of Mirrors, Sideview-Heated Glass is now required on all new orders, scheduled, and unscheduled units
  • The window sticker will reflect a credit in the amount of $45 for “Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal.”
  • Then starting Friday, October 7th, dealers should add Option Code 76X (Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal) where applicable on unscheduled 23MY F-150 retail and fleet orders by October 13th, 2022. Unscheduled orders that are not updated by October 13th, 2022 will be amended by Ford on October 14th, 2022.
  • Most scheduled and unscheduled stock orders and scheduled retail and fleet orders containing Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass be amended by Ford to include Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass Removal (76X) on behalf of the dealer on October 7th.
CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM
Customers purchasing a 23MY F-150 with Heated Steering Wheel and/or Mirrors, Sideview – Heated Glass must sign the attached customer acknowledgement form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s).

Signed copies of the form must be maintained by the selling dealer in the vehicle deal jacket.

Due to the number of potentially impacted features on a particular vehicle, the Acknowledgement Form has been updated to include a check box for each feature that could be impacted. Dealers must check the appropriate box(es) on the Acknowledgement Form prior to asking for the customer’s signature. Failure to check the proper boxes could result in an erroneous assumption by customer that none of customer’s features are impacted.

Attached is a copy of the form and this form will also be available to download through FMCDealer.

Download: Acknowledgement Letter [PDF]
Sponsored

Attachments

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
$45 & $140 lol

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Its looking like the 21's with all original options (heated steering wheel, auto start stop, active park assist, multi contour seats xm radio/connected nav) resale value will be holding strong with all these chopped up trucks entering the market. I feel bad for anyone purchasing a platinum or limited trim today.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
This continued decontenting is not good. I lost factory nav, SiriusXM and Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 on my ‘22 XLT.

For those of us that live in an area where winter can be brutal, the loss of heated mirrors is not good news. A heated steering wheel to me is less of a loss, but sucks nonetheless.

Back to the 80s and 90s.

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
This continued decontenting is not good. I lost factory nav, SiriusXM and Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 on my ‘22 XLT.

For those of us that live in an area where winter can be brutal, the loss of heated mirrors is not good news. A heated steering wheel to me is less of a loss, but sucks nonetheless.

Back to the 80s and 90s.

Also don't need the heated steering wheel, but heated mirrors are a must nowadays for those like myself that are in emergency response and snowplow in the northeast. Ford needs to rethink this hard, or at least leave it on vehicles based on location. I honestly may cancel and delay purchasing.

I also wonder how hard it would be to add the heated mirrors later.

aybe09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum Ordered
If they did that to any 2022's that are on chip hold, I'd be canceling my order.. Sorry for those who were wanting these options for their 2023.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
I’m torn. I’m buying the from a good friend who is the GM. He was very helpful, gave me a great price, and didn’t require a deposit. For 70k, I can’t buy a truck without heated wheel and mirrors. Not where I live. I’m going to have to suck it up or refuse delivery and he’ll be stuck with a 70k truck he can’t sell. I really don’t want to screw him.

Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
It’s curious that the announcement says “certain” but then the guidance to dealers says “all” new orders. Does “certain” mean “all orders between xx/xx/xxxx and yy/yy/yyyy” or does it mean like with the SiriusXM/nav delete “by trim but also a tad randomly as we use up parts?” Gotta work on the clarity, Ford.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
It states "certain 2023MY F-150 trucks". What might those certain trucks be? Where I live, heated mirrors are a must.
Yeah hopefully Ford is taking it out of southern bound vehicle where heated mirrors and wheel don't get much use down here. Having heated mirrors in the NE is a must!

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
Ford is doing their best to send customers to other brands. I’m not paying 86K for a truck without heated mirrors or steering wheel. Apparently they are deleting the tailgate appliqué from some Raptors as well.

MikeyDog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT500 F150
How hard and at what cost would it be to add heated mirrors later? If this is a blanket omission, Ford should offer up a later retrofit like they did with Bronco hard tops.

Hemitoeco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep WK Ecodiesel
It’s curious that the announcement says “certain” but then the guidance to dealers says “all” new orders. Does “certain” mean “all orders between xx/xx/xxxx and yy/yy/yyyy” or does it mean like with the SiriusXM/nav delete “by trim but also a tad randomly as we use up parts?” Gotta work on the clarity, Ford.

It says all scheduled and unscheduled. I’m waiting to confirm but I believe this to mean every single MY23. It is BS and I’m likely going to ruin a relationship with a great friend by refusing to accept delivery.
Sponsored