My 2023 F150 build delay

Tripdaddy95

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Avalanche Lariat SCrew PB BAP
That's great news, when did you order yours? How did you find out about the rail?
I ordered it the first day on 7/18/22. I used the order tracker app for the order forum https://ordertrack.app/ (that is the page I posted) or more basic info you can click on the "Track My Order" link in the emails Ford sends you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I usually check and read through...But my understanding of the F150's delay is that they are trying to control the production quantity - hunger marketing, which could bring more profit on a single vehicle...
If anyone from Ford is talking about this; it’s purely for the purpose of saving face.

Even before all the bullshit that all manufacturers are still using as an excuse, Ford was screwing the pooch with new model introductions. The Bronco is an excellent example and their poor handling of that will sour many reservation holders on Ford for many years to come.

Maverick could have been Ford’s next Taurus but they somehow didn’t anticipate that a compact truck with four doors, nearly 40MPG mileage in the city and with an MSRP less than a Honda Civic might be popular. Instead of getting a ton of buyers, the few people were able to get one at a dealer’s lots without a preorder were paying preposterous markups.

Ford is so busy introducing new models and trims that they have lost sight of the fact that they are an automaker first.

In marketing, it costs many times more to regain a customer lost than it is to retain or get a new one.

While not having enough vehicles to sell is a unique problem in the modern era; it wasn’t when coachbuilding gave way to the assembly line.

There were hundreds of automakers when Ford started cranking out cars and only a few of them were left after just a few decades. Ford stands to become history themselves if they can’t build enough vehicles to satisfy demand and too many people settle with their second choice with another make.

Welcome to the forum!

muscleJack04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Ford Escape, Ford F150
Occupation
Engineer, Researcher
If anyone from Ford is talking about this; it’s purely for the purpose of saving face.

Even before all the bullshit that all manufacturers are still using as an excuse, Ford was screwing the pooch with new model introductions. The Bronco is an excellent example and their poor handling of that will sour many reservation holders on Ford for many years to come.

Maverick could have been Ford’s next Taurus but they somehow didn’t anticipate that a compact truck with four doors, nearly 40MPG mileage in the city and with an MSRP less than a Honda Civic might be popular. Instead of getting a ton of buyers, the few people were able to get one at a dealer’s lots without a preorder were paying preposterous markups.

Ford is so busy introducing new models and trims that they have lost sight of the fact that they are an automaker first.

In marketing, it costs many times more to regain a customer lost than it is to retain or get a new one.

While not having enough vehicles to sell is a unique problem in the modern era; it wasn’t when coachbuilding gave way to the assembly line.

There were hundreds of automakers when Ford started cranking out cars and only a few of them were left after just a few decades. Ford stands to become history themselves if they can’t build enough vehicles to satisfy demand and too many people settle with their second choice with another make.

Welcome to the forum!
If things are like your words, that means they are not have marketing skills but even worse, they just cannot handle it!
I really just want to make things to a good side that I’m really trying to leave them a face. I never know details about inside of Ford but I always think this is a huge company, such a large and famous brand, and they have a strong family control. How could they just watch this happened but do nothing on it? I couldn’t just watch my family business going down like that.

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
If things are like your words, that means they are not have marketing skills but even worse, they just cannot handle it!
I really just want to make things to a good side that I’m really trying to leave them a face. I never know details about inside of Ford but I always think this is a huge company, such a large and famous brand, and they have a strong family control. How could they just watch this happened but do nothing on it? I couldn’t just watch my family business going down like that.
It quit being a family business when they went public and brought in outsiders to run the company.

Someone in another thread mentioned how well Ford has done with product innovation…the Lightning, Maverick, Bronco, and of course the current F150 are all top sellers. They killed the research and marketing aspect of the vehicles and there are people willing to pay nearly any price and wait a year for it. Meanwhile, they forgot about the manufacturing aspect of it and can’t get enough vehicles out to satisfy the appetite for them, and this has allowed dealers to charge insane ADM which tarnished the brand.

Sponsored

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It quit being a family business when they went public and brought in outsiders to run the company.

Someone in another thread mentioned how well Ford has done with product innovation…the Lightning, Maverick, Bronco, and of course the current F150 are all top sellers. They killed the research and marketing aspect of the vehicles and there are people willing to pay nearly any price and wait a year for it. Meanwhile, they forgot about the manufacturing aspect of it and can’t get enough vehicles out to satisfy the appetite for them, and this has allowed dealers to charge insane ADM which tarnished the brand.
Agreed.

And Ford is only responsible for the MSRP, which stands for Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. Anything over MSRP is Dealer setting the price not Ford. and the dealer can sell under MSRP it is just a suggestion.

Ford has no control over what their dealers charge.

I get the Frustration. I am there with you. But nothing has gotten back to normal yet. We are on our way but every manufacturer is struggling to fulfill orders. It is not all about Chips either. There are other parts that are causing the hangups.

The biggest issue I really have with this process so far is Notification coming from Ford, and their way of picking which builds they select from which dealers.

I get that they don't want to slow down the line. but you still have MY22 guys waiting on parts and some waiting on shipping. That should be a priority. Customers waiting a year for their trucks and now MY23 guy's are starting to receive theirs. that is just wrong on so many levels. especially when you account for the cost we are paying for this things.

Ok, you can have the soap box back now. :)

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Agreed.

And Ford is only responsible for the MSRP, which stands for Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. Anything over MSRP is Dealer setting the price not Ford. and the dealer can sell under MSRP it is just a suggestion.

Ford has no control over what their dealers charge.

I get the Frustration. I am there with you. But nothing has gotten back to normal yet. We are on our way but every manufacturer is struggling to fulfill orders. It is not all about Chips either. There are other parts that are causing the hangups.

The biggest issue I really have with this process so far is Notification coming from Ford, and their way of picking which builds they select from which dealers.

I get that they don't want to slow down the line. but you still have MY22 guys waiting on parts and some waiting on shipping. That should be a priority. Customers waiting a year for their trucks and now MY23 guy's are starting to receive theirs. that is just wrong on so many levels. especially when you account for the cost we are paying for this things.

Ok, you can have the soap box back now. :)
That's the right thing to do things, but we live in a world that is not doing things the right way

MinuitPro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 LARIAT
Has anyone with BlueCruise got a build yet?

Been talking with my reps and it seems there is just tremendously bad luck with those darn chips... three various plants had fires and outsourced materials from UA stopped since the invasion. I'm just curious if anyone has a reported build date w/ Active 2.0/BC on the order.

capiche87

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB 701a 4x4; 1985 Ford Bronco II
Occupation
Veterinarian

Been talking with my reps and it seems there is just tremendously bad luck with those darn chips... three various plants had fires and outsourced materials from UA stopped since the invasion. I'm just curious if anyone has a reported build date w/ Active 2.0/BC on the order.
If you are willing to make a custom order with specific deletes (heated steering wheel, massaging seats, etc.) that Ford is suggesting then trucks are getting built for MY 2023.

I ordered a 2023 powerboost platinum 701A package in Sept 2022. I got bluecruise, CCD, B&O unleashed, etc that takes extra chips. My truck has been built since Nov 17th. I’m just in shipping purgatory awaiting it to get on a truck to dealer.

MinuitPro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 LARIAT
If you are willing to make a custom order with specific deletes (heated steering wheel, massaging seats, etc.) that Ford is suggesting then trucks are getting built for MY 2023.

I ordered a 2023 powerboost platinum 701A package in Sept 2022. I got bluecruise, CCD, B&O unleashed, etc that takes extra chips. My truck has been built since Nov 17th. I’m just in shipping purgatory awaiting it to get on a truck to dealer.
Thanks for the info. They are currently investigating what options can be added on later or just removed from the order if necessary. I have a 502A PB max tow, etc. I was just curious if anyone got those chips yet, so this is comforting and I'm hopeful. I don't need some of those features for sure.

Sponsored

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

FYI Ford admitted this week that trucks marked built may still be missing parts and on hold. Dealer told me they believe that is going on and I received confirmation from Ford HQ

FJG33

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Engineer

My order is still on material hold, (7/23) the only option that I can see holding it up is 360 active(BC) every other option has been built on other vehicles.

23f150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150
My order is still on material hold, (7/23) the only option that I can see holding it up is 360 active(BC) every other option has been built on other vehicles.
My dealer took off blue cruise from my order and it went immediately for scheduling. Ordered august. The next Thursday after removal it was scheduled. I didn’t really want it anyways so all good. Fyi.

FJG33

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Engineer
My dealer took off blue cruise from my order and it went immediately for scheduling. Ordered august. The next Thursday after removal it was scheduled. I didn’t really want it anyways so all good. Fyi.
Thanks, good to know. Not sure I want to remove that yet.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
FYI Ford admitted this week that trucks marked built may still be missing parts and on hold. Dealer told me they believe that is going on and I received confirmation from Ford HQ
Yes that has to be. I received a built email on 10/1 and then it just sat until 12/4 or so. There had to be a reason they would not have shipped it out. That is $$$ just sitting there so I have to believe there really was a reason it was not shipping. Companies move heaven and earth for cash.
Sponsored