My 2023 F150 build delay

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I ordered it and on dealers daily report kept showing my order was LOCKED? There were 6 trucks that showed this. They called ford and rep said all these trucks had 360active selected and said if we changed to 360assist that would probably change status. Ordered 8/15
Problem with a downgrade is i lose price protection
Sponsored

muscleJack04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Ford Escape, Ford F150
Occupation
Engineer, Researcher
I usually check and read through these forums...
But this time, I want to share my experience. So, I registered a new account here.
I can see the earliest order date through the Internet is around August.
Guess what? I made the order on July 25th. I guess mine might be one of the earliest orders. But still, I haven't received ANYTHING rather than the 45 days notification. No VIN...
I'm an Engineer and science researcher, and I deeply understand the shortage of the global supply chain, particularly in the chipsets. But my understanding of the F150's delay is that they are trying to control the production quantity - hunger marketing, which could bring more profit on a single vehicle. Last year, Ford saw significant revenue growth based on F150 and F150 lightning. They are trying to make F150 the iPhone truck.
And for those like me, who made an early order, I guess Ford is pushing us to downgrade the order, A.K.A. giving up your price protection.
I hope I'm wrong and Ford is really preparing my order. And I hope I can share an order update when I come back.

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
But this time, I want to share my experience. So, I registered a new account here.
Guess what? I made the order on July 25th. I guess mine might be one of the earliest orders. But still, I haven't received ANYTHING rather than the 45 days notification. No VIN...
I'm an Engineer and science researcher, and I deeply understand the shortage of the global supply chain, particularly in the chipsets. But my understanding of the F150's delay is that they are trying to control the production quantity - hunger marketing, which could bring more profit on a single vehicle. Last year, Ford saw significant revenue growth based on F150 and F150 lightning. They are trying to make F150 the iPhone truck.
And for those like me, who made an early order, I guess Ford is pushing us to downgrade the order, A.K.A. giving up your price protection.
I hope I'm wrong and Ford is really preparing my order. And I hope I can share an order update when I come back.
It’s really a mix here. A lot of the orders were from the first day, 7/20. I have a March order that rolled from 22 to 23 and have a vin, 10/27 build date, and no info since “in production” update. That order was updated 8/3 for the 23 conversion.
My 7/20 order (another truck since I didn’t think I was getting the 2022) hasn’t had a single update, not even a “we will keep you updated” email.

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
I don’t think I’ve seen a MY23 older order without a VIN ... I’d be chasing your dealer to make sure order is actually in.

muscleJack04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Ford Escape, Ford F150
Occupation
Engineer, Researcher
I don’t think I’ve seen a MY23 older order without a VIN ... I’d be chasing your dealer to make sure order is actually in.
I did... And I did receive the order confirmation email from Ford Motor Company. But the VIN has not been generated yet.

Sponsored

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
My July 20th order doesn’t have a VIN but my exact same order that was converted over on 8/2 does. Same exact truck but a different dealer.

Blackhawk36

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost XLT
Occupation
Executive
I ordered a 2023 Powerboost Crew Cab XLT on September 6, 2022 and received an email that it was built as of October 26th. Awaiting shipment.

I received the following email on September 15th.

YOUR VEHICLE IS SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION
Dear J***** B***

We are excited to let you know your 2023 F-150 XLT SuperCrew has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of October 24, 2022.

In your next order status email, we will provide you an estimated delivery window of when your vehicle will arrive at Apple Ford. While you wait, check out the status of your vehicle at any time by clicking the button below.

We have included your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for your reference: 1FTFW*******59.

Last edited:

F150 hopefull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ford has a very complex ordering process. Each dealer is treated differently based on their sales of a certain type.

So if you are going through a dealer that doesn't sell many trucks then he will be lower on the totem pole in getting his orders filled.

I found this URL really helpful in understanding how ford picks which dealer order, make, model, and whatever.

https://www.focusrs.org/threads/the-ford-ordering-process-explained-from-start-to-finish.908/

Hope you find it useful.

Good luck

Also I am on my second order, the first one, MY22, was cancled by ford. Local Dealer in Oregon

My second order recieved a VIN next day. Dealer Granger

Blackhawk36

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Below it says awaiting shipment is a few days to a week. Mine has been awaiting shipment for 16 days. I wonder if it is in a lot somewhere awaiting a critical part.

Welcome
Your 2023 F-150 F-150 XLT has been "Built" and is currently awaiting shipment.
Ford F-150 My 2023 F150 build delay {filename}

Built
Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week. Select the "Learn About Your Vehicle" link for information and videos about your new vehicle.
Ford Accessories
  • Order Confirmed 09/06/2022, Step 1 of 5 , Completed
    Order Confirmed09/06/2022
  • In Production 10/25/2022, Step 2 of 5 , Completed
    In Production10/25/2022
  • Built 10/26/2022, Step 3 of 5 , In Progress
    Built10/26/2022
Vehicle Details
Ordered On 09/06/2022

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
Good luck. I have been waiting to ship for six weeks.

Sponsored

Blackhawk36

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Executive
Below it says awaiting shipment is a few days to a week. Mine has been awaiting shipment for 16 days. I wonder if it is in a lot somewhere awaiting a critical part.

Welcome
Your 2023 F-150 F-150 XLT has been "Built" and is currently awaiting shipment.
Ford F-150 My 2023 F150 build delay {filename}

Built
Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week. Select the "Learn About Your Vehicle" link for information and videos about your new vehicle.
Ford Accessories
  • Order Confirmed 09/06/2022, Step 1 of 5 , Completed
    Order Confirmed09/06/2022
  • In Production 10/25/2022, Step 2 of 5 , Completed
    In Production10/25/2022
  • Built 10/26/2022, Step 3 of 5 , In Progress
    Built10/26/2022
Vehicle Details
Ordered On 09/06/2022
I got this update yesterday.

THE ESTIMATED ARRIVAL DATE OF YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN UPDATED.
Dear J B,
To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2023 F-150 XLT is delivered to Apple Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of October 31, 2022, and November 6, 2022, has been updated to between November 15, 2022, and November 21, 2022.
We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle’s estimated time of delivery.
Thank you.

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
I got this update yesterday.

THE ESTIMATED ARRIVAL DATE OF YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN UPDATED.
Dear J B,
To ensure your complete satisfaction, we will require additional time before your 2023 F-150 XLT is delivered to Apple Ford. Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of October 31, 2022, and November 6, 2022, has been updated to between November 15, 2022, and November 21, 2022.
We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle’s estimated time of delivery.
Thank you.
Hopefully we'll receive ours before 1/3/23 deadline, because of the Ford in Market Owner Direct offer of $2000

OP
OP
Jimi

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Hopefully we'll receive ours before 1/3/23 deadline, because of the Ford in Market Owner Direct offer of $2000
I spoke with Ford today, and they said mine wasn't missing any parts it's just waiting to be shipped, by rail.

Tripdaddy95

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Avalanche Lariat SCrew PB BAP
YES!!!! My '23 Lariat PB is built.
Ford F-150 My 2023 F150 build delay 1668656077244

OP
OP
Jimi