First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
no issues whatsoever. Might be selling my truck though so I may even list these tires wheels for sale on here
Selling it already!? For what? I’d kill for your truck haha.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Selling it already!? For what? I’d kill for your truck haha.
Nothing wrong with it at all. I honestly miss my 3.0 diesel and it’s nearly $5 a gallon for 91 next to me. I thought I could learn to love the EB but it’s just not my cup of tea.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Nothing wrong with it at all. I honestly miss my 3.0 diesel and it’s nearly $5 a gallon for 91 next to me. I thought I could learn to love the EB but it’s just not my cup of tea.
Wow. Yeah I don’t miss those Cali prices. Was stationed out there for a bit. Gas prices are nuts there. 91 octane near me is $2.71.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
no issues whatsoever. Might be selling my truck though so I may even list these tires wheels for sale on here
Tried of it already? I came close to getting rid of mine out of frustration being in the shop so much.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Wow. Yeah I don’t miss those Cali prices. Was stationed out there for a bit. Gas prices are nuts there. 91 octane near me is $2.71.
Oh. Yeah after I saw one of your videos on gas mileage about your pervious diesel. I kind of regret not waiting on the diesel. The powerboost I have is great in city and not so good on highway. The 16 EB in traded did much better on the highway. I promised the wife I won't buy another until the Cybertruck get here.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah $165 for a tank is not cool at 16 mpg lol. My stock 18’ 3.0 got 26-28 highway.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Oh. Yeah after I saw one of your videos on gas mileage about your pervious diesel. I kind of regret not waiting on the diesel. The powerboost I have is great in city and not so good on highway. The 16 EB in traded did much better on the highway. I promised the wife I won't buy another until the Cybertruck get here.
Mine needed repairs too but all cosmetically really with interior stuff. No biggie. But I understand your frustration. I’m hoping with it being low miles and a serious Covid chip crunch that I can get most of my money back. Model Y or a 3.0 XLT/Lariat would likely be next to me. If no one bites on mine, then I’ll just keep it and get a 6.7 23’ tremor. If I’m gonna average 16-18 highway then a superduty is the way to do it LOL

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Mine needed repairs too but all cosmetically really with interior stuff. No biggie. But I understand your frustration. I’m hoping with it being low miles and a serious Covid chip crunch that I can get most of my money back. Model Y or a 3.0 XLT/Lariat would likely be next to me. If no one bites on mine, then I’ll just keep it and get a 6.7 23’ tremor. If I’m gonna average 16-18 highway then a superduty is the way to do it LOL
You should get it! Especially as built with mods. None in stock anywhere. We love our Tesla 3. The Y is better! I'm waiting on the cyber truck. Did your lift and tires hurt the mileage much?

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You should get it! Especially as built with mods. None in stock anywhere. We love our Tesla 3. The Y is better! I'm waiting on the cyber truck. Did your lift and tires hurt the mileage much?
I’m gonna sell tires/wheels/bed cover separate of the truck. People tend to lowball any mods on a truck anyways. Mileage took a hit for sure with some of the changes.

MR650

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Blk/Blk
that’s too bad you don’t like the engine. I’m getting use to it, never owned a diesel. I’m still on stock tires and rims, waiting for the redylift to arrive. I have the tires and wheels waiting..

FWIW when I bought my 2017 raptor it came in avalanche grey with the 6 ecoboost and my immediate reaction was I don’t like it.. the color was lighter than I thought it would be.. I was expecting something closer to leadfoot and avalanche was just sort of dirty white.. and I didn’t like the auto stop start.. and the engine sounded weird.. more like a quad racer than a truck...

after a while (a year) I never noticed the stop start again, I learned to love the engine and its sound... but never got over the color.. so I guess the lesson is give it some time but if you know it’s going to bother you, dump it and buy what you want...

I like my 21 platinum better than the raptor because.. it’s a little narrower, The engine is improved in my opinion, interior is more plush, I like the power running boards and all the extra stuff, it corners a little better on the street and I like that the fenders don’t have the raptor extra extenders/different color fender flares on there.

re: the powerboost and the mileage..
I think the raptor 2017 was slightly quicker (feeling I have not measured) but the torque on the powerboost is good... the mileage is unclear to me.. I’ve been through 3 tanks of gas and The truck said I got 18.6 from the Bay Area up to Truckee.. so that’s a lot of uphill.. and it said I got 23 mpg on the way down/back.. that is what the computer said I didn’t calc it myself.

if it was me, I’d drive the truck you have and wait for the Tremor in diesel. The initial depreciation from new is just the worst. I said many times I’ll never buy new again and then I do sometimes anyway.

Yeah $165 for a tank is not cool at 16 mpg lol. My stock 18’ 3.0 got 26-28 highway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
that’s too bad you don’t like the engine. I’m getting use to it, never owned a diesel. I’m still on stock tires and rims, waiting for the redylift to arrive. I have the tires and wheels waiting..

FWIW when I bought my 2017 raptor it came in avalanche grey with the 6 ecoboost and my immediate reaction was I don’t like it.. the color was lighter than I thought it would be.. I was expecting something closer to leadfoot and avalanche was just sort of dirty white.. and I didn’t like the auto stop start.. and the engine sounded weird.. more like a quad racer than a truck...

after a while (a year) I never noticed the stop start again, I learned to love the engine and its sound... but never got over the color.. so I guess the lesson is give it some time but if you know it’s going to bother you, dump it and buy what you want...

I like my 21 platinum better than the raptor because.. it’s a little narrower, The engine is improved in my opinion, interior is more plush, I like the power running boards and all the extra stuff, it corners a little better on the street and I like that the fenders don’t have the raptor extra extenders/different color fender flares on there.

I think the raptor 2017 was slightly quicker (feeling I have not measured) but the torque on the powerboost is good... the mileage is unclear to me.. I’ve been through 3 tanks of gas and The truck said I got 18.6 from the Bay Area up to Truckee.. so that’s a lot of uphill.. and it said I got 23 mpg on the way down/back.. that is what the computer said I didn’t calc it myself.

if it was me, I’d drive the truck you have and wait for the Tremor in diesel. The initial depreciation from new is just the worst. I said many times I’ll never buy new again and then I do sometimes anyway.
Performance of the engine I do like, it’s nice. Efficiency and low end torque of the diesel I just like more. But then again gas prices have done insane here. I used to fill up for 2.69 and now it’s almost 5. 6 in the LA area.

MR650

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance of the engine I do like, it’s nice. Efficiency and low end torque of the diesel I just like more. But then again gas prices have done insane here. I used to fill up for 2.69 and now it’s almost 5. 6 in the LA area.
which engine exactly, do you have? Is it the 3.5 EB? I have the 3.5 PB. When you say you like the low end torque of the diesel, I would agree torque is the main measure of what I like in any engine.. but I thought the 3.5 PB was it for torque..now I’m curious and I’m going to go back and look at the engine options again and do some bench racing/towing

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech

That's a nice drive! Miss going to Truckee. I'm getting at best 15 highway and 21 city on the flat roads in Texas. Hope it gets better with some more miles 2500 on it now.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
which engine exactly, do you have? Is it the 3.5 EB? I have the 3.5 PB. When you say you like the low end torque of the diesel, I would agree torque is the main measure of what I like in any engine.. but I thought the 3.5 PB was it for torque..now I’m curious and I’m going to go back and look at the engine options again and do some bench racing/towing
I had the 3.0 diesel and loved it. I regret not waiting for mine.

MR650

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That drive is about 200 miles for me and it’s maybe 5000 feet of elevation between Truckee and the Bay Area peninsula I’m guessing? I like that I can make it there, drive all over the lake and get back without filling up in Truckee. My gauge says my full range is about 530 miles.. but it doesn’t know where I’m going when it calculates the range :)

when you say you are getting 15/21 which engine do you have? Is it the Electric hybrid powerboost (PB) like mine or the Ecoboost?

I didn’t really want the PB but the truck I found had it and I thought the low end torque was good and the idea of the 7kw generator was interesting, I haven’t used the generator yet.

That's a nice drive! Miss going to Truckee. I'm getting at best 15 highway and 21 city on the flat roads in Texas. Hope it gets better with some more miles 2500 on it now.
Sponsored