Sponsored

don.mullins

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Powerboost Platinum
I was trying to compare your 2 trucks to reverse engineer the weight of the max recline seats (assuming the stickers were equal). However, I cannot pull up your window sticker with this VIN, Don. Was it a fleet vehicle or something? This is very strange.
Ugh. I didn’t notice the VIN on that sticker. Not a fleet vehicle, I found it at my dealership via the Build website’s finder.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Great write up, thanks for sharing the details. I saw someone recently stating how they special ordered a truck and when his salesman had the day off someone else sold it to another customer. I wonder if it's the same truck. :LOL::LOL:
Hahaha that would be hilarious if they were on different threads of the same forum, but one was in Dixon and the other in Watsonville. Two NoCal towns about 2.5hrs apart.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
Great write-up, thank you. Let us know your MPG experiences when you start checking.

OP
OP

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
Hahaha that would be hilarious if they were on different threads of the same forum, but one was in Dixon and the other in Watsonville. Two NoCal towns about 2.5hrs apart.
I hope not.

OP
OP

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great write-up, thank you. Let us know your MPG experiences when you start checking.
Will do. It seems I’m getting around 17-18 mpg on city drives right now when trying my best using the EV coach. However, the truck only has a hundred miles on it and there is a learning curve on how to drive this thing.

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
Will do. It seems I’m getting around 17-18 mpg on city drives right now when trying my best using the EV coach. However, the truck only has a hundred miles on it and there is a learning curve on how to drive this thing.
That’s already better than the 15-16 I’m pulling on my 2020 5.0 SC.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
That’s already better than the 15-16 I’m pulling on my 2020 5.0 SC.
im not even getting that on my Super + 8’
but the weather has gone south, everything is frozen, and I’ve only got 110 miles on it.
but a lot of time idling while I am getting familiar with it.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Surprisingly I got 3.8% from Ford I was seriously expecting 6+ based on others experience. I planned to refi right away so when he ran it I told him no money down and we were both shocked by the rate lol
There have been comments all over the forum about Ford’s rates. It made me laugh today when I heard a Ford commercial on Pandora that specifically called out Ford’s great rates and finance deals.

Sponsored

OP
OP

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There have been comments all over the forum about Ford’s rates. It made me laugh today when I heard a Ford commercial on Pandora that specifically called out Ford’s great rates and finance deals.
I'm 43 and the credit report showed 832 on it, but 5.6?% is what I got. If it wasn't for the rebate I wouldn't have used Ford Credit. Does anyone know how long you need to stay financed with Ford to keep that rebate?

JFR0317

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 PowerBoost
I'm 43 and the credit report showed 832 on it, but 5.6?% is what I got. If it wasn't for the rebate I wouldn't have used Ford Credit. Does anyone know how long you need to stay financed with Ford to keep that rebate?
You don't have to stay financed with Ford for any minimum time to keep the rebate. The dealer wants you to make at least three payments so that they get the spiff from Ford Motor Credit. I called Ford Credit's toll free number and got my account number by using my social security number to ID myself. This was two weeks after I bought the truck, but I imagine I could have done it even sooner. I paid the loan off online with a transfer from my checking account.

Last edited:

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
There is a good discussion at this link regarding time-frames. My dealer said six payments, some say three, some say zero. Ford, to the best of my knowledge, is a simple interest loan with no early payoff penalty. Only one who could get dinged is your dealer.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/anyone-recently-financed-through-ford.1645/

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
im not even getting that on my Super + 8’
but the weather has gone south, everything is frozen, and I’ve only got 110 miles on it.
but a lot of time idling while I am getting familiar with it.
I knew MPG wasn’t going to be this truck’s strong suit, but I was only getting 16-17 in my 2017 Explorer, so this is, as they said in Dances With Wolves, a “good trade”. And my longtime salesman said I’d have to shoot him before he’d let me buy a 2.7EB. ?
Sponsored