Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Adam,
I’m the guy on the other thread with the turn signals that won’t cancel after a turn. I appreciate your report. I haven’t been able to drive mine as much as you since I took it home from the dealer on 12/30. I have 193 miles on it and so far it is great. I didn’t know until your post that the ECO coach will tell you how to improve mileage so I will have to figure that out. Since you are a tire man, I wonder what you think of the General Grabber HST60 tires that came with it. The truck is so much quieter than my 2017 Platinum that it is hard to imagine an improvement. My truck is antimatter blue and I really like it. I had a random lady walking past as I was getting out that remarked on what a gorgeous truck it was. I don’t recall that happening with my Magnetic grey truck, though I really liked the grey. Speaking of jumping around on topics, I’ll wait for your reply and post more info if anyone is interested. Thanks.
I haven’t had any dealing with Continental or General in nearly a decade. Continental is the company’s flagship and general was more of a value line. I don’t know much about that tire, it’s probably better than average. I know someone I can ask. I’ll reach out tomorrow afternoon
Sponsored

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Man, I can't wait for mine! This will be the first luxury vehicle I've ever owned and have never been excited about a car before in my life!
You are in for a treat...

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Man, I can't wait for mine! This will be the first luxury vehicle I've ever owned and have never been excited about a car before in my life!
Same with me! Ordered 9/22 and waiting impatiently ?

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I’m excited for you guys. Your wait is almost over! Seems like a lot of you will have yours in the coming week

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
If you hit to "START" button while the vehicle is in "D", the shifter will electronically move itself to "P" by itself.
I do agree about the heated seats. So much better!

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Thanks for the update, ordered our Platinum PowerBoost a couple weeks ago.
Do you have the fold flat seats and/or the work surface? Just wondering how you like those? Or the seats in general?

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I’m also a fan of Michelin tires and you’re correct, they do ride very smooth and very quiet.

Sounds like you’re enjoying your new F150.

May I suggest upgrading the oil to a full synthetic.

Personally, I have a preference for Pennzoil “Ultra“ full synthetic. The bad thing is, it’s not available on the shelf of your local auto parts store.....not even Walmart but, it can be ordered online from Walmart and other places.

Congrats....... I hope it continues to give you many trouble free miles of service.
I’m going to take your advice here. I usually use mobile one, but I’m going to try the pennzoil ultra platinum. It came in the mail earlier this week along with a pennzoil filter. Do they make good filters or should I go a different route?

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
I’m going to take your advice here. I usually use mobile one, but I’m going to try the pennzoil ultra platinum. It came in the mail earlier this week along with a pennzoil filter. Do they make good filters or should I go a different route?
You better look into it I was understanding that Ford will void your warranty for not using motorcraft blended oil in the Ecoboosts. Especially mobile one.

Also I would advise any Ecoboost owners to get a catch can on thier engines. To help with longevity.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
You better look into it I was understanding that Ford will void your warranty for not using motorcraft blended oil in the Ecoboosts. Especially mobile one.
Not sure if this comment was serious or sarcasm, but as long as the oil you use has the right industry rating "conforms to the requirements of" statement on it that matches what the owners manual specifies, they cannot void your warranty for using a different brand. If you use less than a synthetic blend, maybe they could get you for that, but I'm not sure. I would never use anything less than a full synthetic though, so I've never worried about that.

As far as filters, there are 2-3 manufacturers that make 90% of the filters and just brand them differently. I do not know who makes Penzoil filters, so I can't comment on those. As far as filters available in stores, the Purolator Pure 1 is one of the best rated, and uses a synthetic filtering media. The Mobil One filters are decent, and Wix is the best of the less expensive brands. Stay away from Fram. I am not an Amsoil fanboy, actually have always hated the pyramid scheme drug pusher network and the fact that you have to buy it from them, but I am contemplating using their stuff, or at least their filters based on their test results, but I'm always skeptical of how independent their test results really are.

Sponsored

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
My filters of choice are WIX.

The oil filter that I use for my 2016 Coyote equipped F150 is WIX part# 57502XP

This filter is designed for full synthetic oil.

I’m sure Pennzoil filters are fine but I’ve never used them.

Bills

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 ordered, 2019 JLUR Rubicon
Thanks for the update, ordered our Platinum PowerBoost a couple weeks ago.
Do you have the fold flat seats and/or the work surface? Just wondering how you like those? Or the seats in general?
I did not get the lay-flat seats, it was an option I thought about but when I ordered it looked like that would be a delay, and I’d only use them a couple times.
The seats in the platinum are really nice, I have not had a Plat, or KR before so my only comparison is to a lariat, but they are much nicer that any car seat I have been in. There are adjustments for each separate section of the seat so you may customize the fit to your body and how you sit in the vehicle. And my wife will likely wear out the massage feature in the passenger seat at some point cause it will always be running when she is in the truck.

I think they did a great job with those seats.
Sponsored