Sponsored

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Dunlap & Kyle Tire Co....530 Myatt Dr...come find out for yourself. The transition is very smooth.
Thanks. That's the biggest thing that would drive me crazy, would be the rough switch from electric to engine. I have driven a few older hybrids and it sometimes felt like there a slight thump when engine started, and am hoping the a newer hybrid would be smoother.
Sponsored

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Is it just me or are the doors extremely hard to shut. I catch myself having to go back and shut them twice.

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Is it just me or are the doors extremely hard to shut. I catch myself having to go back and shut them twice.
It’s not just you, that’s my only complaint. I was worried the fuel mileage wouldn’t be close to advertised but after driving for a week and getting a better understanding of the powerboost it I’m very satisfied.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I don’t think they’re hard to shut.......perhaps you’re just not closing the door hard enough. New generation F150 that’s tighter, and quieter than the 13th generation so it’s going to be harder to compress the cabin air when closing the door not to mention the door seals being broken in.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
It’s not just you, that’s my only complaint. I was worried the fuel mileage wouldn’t be close to advertised but after driving for a week and getting a better understanding of the powerboost it I’m very satisfied.
The doors on my 2021 definitely require more effort to shut than on my ‘18. They have changed the door seals for the better, which you can clearly see on the inside of the doors

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Might consider cracking a window before closing a door, til the door seal sets.

Even my Ranger when new was hard to get the doors closed with the windows up.
15 yrs later, the driver door seal has relaxed to the point the door rattles a bit on the latch, but still no water intrusion.
(like water intrusion is really a point when I seldom roll up the glass all the way)

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
The doors on my 2021 definitely require more effort to shut than on my ‘18. They have changed the door seals for the better, which you can clearly see on the inside of the doors
I test drove a 2021 XLT and first thing I noticed was how quiet the door closes, and when I got in and closed the door I could feel the pressure in my ears. Those things are SEALED compared to my 2017.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I test drove a 2021 XLT and first thing I noticed was how quiet the door closes, and when I got in and closed the door I could feel the pressure in my ears. Those things are SEALED compared to my 2017.
You know it. I was really impressed at how well the doors seal up. Those suckers are definitely sealed tight. My wife always has to close the door twice - cracks me up.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
You think it could just be the combination of new better door seals and maybe the colder temps? Also, I wonder if some silicone lubricate would ease it some. I use that on my rubber and seals to keep them lasting longer. I don't know why I never keep one that long but I just have to do the maintenance.

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Iv'e put 1500 miles on my 2021 F150 Platinum with the powerboost engine and kind of feel obligated to post a review. I'll start by saying these things are awesome! They offer the best of everything. There is plenty of power if you want it. If you want good gas mileage it offers that too.

The OE Hankook at2 is much smoother and quieter than I anticipated. I still removed them and replaced them with Michelin Defenders. It rides as smooth and quiet as my wife's new escalade....like a dream.

The hybrid engine is a game changer. It's actually in electric mode more than I thought it would be. You can be cruising around at 35 or 40 and it will switch to electric. I thought it would just do that in reverse and cruising around in a parking lot.

The annoying beeping noise saying the vehicle is not in park when I was sitting at a red light that I mentioned in a previous post has gone away. I guess it does that the first couple hundred miles. I've noticed you have to shut the door pretty hard to keep the door ajar indicator from coming on.

The lane assist is simply amazing. It will all but drive the vehicle itself. No bouncing from line to line. Its true lane centering. I cant say enough good about this and cant wait for the OTA update next year.

My overall fuel mileage through 1500 miles is 17.2 but I drive really fast. My eco coach (another cool feature) is saying thats the only thing i'm doing wrong when it comes to fuel mileage. Today's 30 mile commute to the office averaged over 20 MPG and I know I could have gotten it higher. I'll try to do better tomorrow and report back.

The heated seats will burn your rear!

The B&O Unleashed is excellent too! Especially since I found in the audio setting the surround mode. It comes from the factory in stereo mode.

The Auto 4wd seems to be like the AWD on my 18 Raptor. I dont know that for a fact, but it feels like it.

I'll be testing out the 7.2 KW generator sometime today and will report back with results.

I'm no writer and I know i'm jumping around a lot, but figured I should pass this on anyway. If I can think of anything else I will reply to this thread. If you have questions or want pictures of something other than myself or my wife, I don't mind helping. Hope this helps
The commute in this morning

Ford F-150 My 1500 mile 2021 F-150 owner review... A72F296F-36BD-4BD2-A50C-C0DCA6380B8E

Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
You think it could just be the combination of new better door seals and maybe the colder temps? Also, I wonder if some silicone lubricate would ease it some. I use that on my rubber and seals to keep them lasting longer. I don't know why I never keep one that long but I just have to do the maintenance.
I have been using this on my airstream window seals (recommended), as well as on my kevlar canoe (for years): https://www.303products.com.au/product-range/automotive/303-automotive-protectant
Will probably use on the door seals if they are tight as well.

Vpswcci

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Taurus Limited, 2021 f150 Platinum (soon!)
Iv'e put 1500 miles on my 2021 F150 Platinum with the powerboost engine and kind of feel obligated to post a review. I'll start by saying these things are awesome! They offer the best of everything. There is plenty of power if you want it. If you want good gas mileage it offers that too.

The OE Hankook at2 is much smoother and quieter than I anticipated. I still removed them and replaced them with Michelin Defenders. It rides as smooth and quiet as my wife's new escalade....like a dream.

The hybrid engine is a game changer. It's actually in electric mode more than I thought it would be. You can be cruising around at 35 or 40 and it will switch to electric. I thought it would just do that in reverse and cruising around in a parking lot.

The annoying beeping noise saying the vehicle is not in park when I was sitting at a red light that I mentioned in a previous post has gone away. I guess it does that the first couple hundred miles. I've noticed you have to shut the door pretty hard to keep the door ajar indicator from coming on.

The lane assist is simply amazing. It will all but drive the vehicle itself. No bouncing from line to line. Its true lane centering. I cant say enough good about this and cant wait for the OTA update next year.

My overall fuel mileage through 1500 miles is 17.2 but I drive really fast. My eco coach (another cool feature) is saying thats the only thing i'm doing wrong when it comes to fuel mileage. Today's 30 mile commute to the office averaged over 20 MPG and I know I could have gotten it higher. I'll try to do better tomorrow and report back.

The B&O Unleashed is excellent too! Especially since I found in the audio setting the surround mode. It comes from the factory in stereo mode.

The Auto 4wd seems to be like the AWD on my 18 Raptor. I dont know that for a fact, but it feels like it.

I'll be testing out the 7.2 KW generator sometime today and will report back with results.

I'm no writer and I know i'm jumping around a lot, but figured I should pass this on anyway. If I can think of anything else I will reply to this thread. If you have questions or want pictures of something other than myself or my wife, I don't mind helping. Hope this helps

Help a guy out on another thread. He says his turn signals don’t turn off automatically after making a turn. What say you?

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Help a guy out on another thread. He says his turn signals don’t turn off automatically after making a turn. What say you?
I won’t have my truck back until Wednesday, dropped it off to have a ceramic coat applied. I’ll test as soon as I get it back. I haven’t noticed.

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My 2001 Limited power boost is in transit. The dealer told me yesterday that it should arrive between January 10 and 15th. I truly can’t wait!!!!
Didn't know they made them back in 2001, congrats anyway! ;)

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
Adam,
I’m the guy on the other thread with the turn signals that won’t cancel after a turn. I appreciate your report. I haven’t been able to drive mine as much as you since I took it home from the dealer on 12/30. I have 193 miles on it and so far it is great. I didn’t know until your post that the ECO coach will tell you how to improve mileage so I will have to figure that out. Since you are a tire man, I wonder what you think of the General Grabber HST60 tires that came with it. The truck is so much quieter than my 2017 Platinum that it is hard to imagine an improvement. My truck is antimatter blue and I really like it. I had a random lady walking past as I was getting out that remarked on what a gorgeous truck it was. I don’t recall that happening with my Magnetic grey truck, though I really liked the grey. Speaking of jumping around on topics, I’ll wait for your reply and post more info if anyone is interested. Thanks.
Sponsored