Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Great report Adam and music to my ears!

Would you say that is the best stock sound system you have ever heard in a vehicle?

Will be looking forward to your propower review and if you had to get any adapters for the 220 volt plug.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Great report Adam and music to my ears!

Would you say that is the best stock sound system you have ever heard in a vehicle?

Will be looking forward to your propower review and if you had to get any adapters for the 220 volt plug.
yes, I would say the sound system is the best OE system I have heard. You have the option to choose stereo or surround. I put it in surround earlier and am getting some distortion. Hopefully tomorrow it will have magically gone away.

I wanted to test the propower today in my IT room at the office but the guy I needed to help me with it is on vacation this week. I’ll get with the mechanics at the office tomorrow and find something heavy to plug in.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
yes, I would say the sound system is the best OE system I have heard. You have the option to choose stereo or surround. I put it in surround earlier and am getting some distortion. Hopefully tomorrow it will have magically gone away.

I wanted to test the propower today in my IT room at the office but the guy I needed to help me with it is on vacation this week. I’ll get with the mechanics at the office tomorrow and find something heavy to plug in.
I think surround takes a pretty strong signal, have you tired it with Sat radio?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Iv'e put 1500 miles on my 2021 F150 Platinum with the powerboost engine and kind of feel obligated to post a review. I'll start by saying these things are awesome! They offer the best of everything. There is plenty of power if you want it. If you want good gas mileage it offers that too.

The OE Hankook at2 is much smoother and quieter than I anticipated. I still removed them and replaced them with Michelin Defenders. It rides as smooth and quiet as my wife's new escalade....like a dream.

The hybrid engine is a game changer. It's actually in electric mode more than I thought it would be. You can be cruising around at 35 or 40 and it will switch to electric. I thought it would just do that in reverse and cruising around in a parking lot.

The annoying beeping noise saying the vehicle is not in park when I was sitting at a red light that I mentioned in a previous post has gone away. I guess it does that the first couple hundred miles. I've noticed you have to shut the door pretty hard to keep the door ajar indicator from coming on.

The lane assist is simply amazing. It will all but drive the vehicle itself. No bouncing from line to line. Its true lane centering. I cant say enough good about this and cant wait for the OTA update next year.

My overall fuel mileage through 1500 miles is 17.2 but I drive really fast. My eco coach (another cool feature) is saying thats the only thing i'm doing wrong when it comes to fuel mileage. Today's 30 mile commute to the office averaged over 20 MPG and I know I could have gotten it higher. I'll try to do better tomorrow and report back.

The heated seats will burn your rear!

The B&O Unleashed is excellent too! Especially since I found in the audio setting the surround mode. It comes from the factory in stereo mode.

The Auto 4wd seems to be like the AWD on my 18 Raptor. I dont know that for a fact, but it feels like it.

I'll be testing out the 7.2 KW generator sometime today and will report back with results.

I'm no writer and I know i'm jumping around a lot, but figured I should pass this on anyway. If I can think of anything else I will reply to this thread. If you have questions or want pictures of something other than myself or my wife, I don't mind helping. Hope this helps
I’m also a fan of Michelin tires and you’re correct, they do ride very smooth and very quiet.

Sounds like you’re enjoying your new F150.

May I suggest upgrading the oil to a full synthetic.

Personally, I have a preference for Pennzoil “Ultra“ full synthetic. The bad thing is, it’s not available on the shelf of your local auto parts store.....not even Walmart but, it can be ordered online from Walmart and other places.

Congrats....... I hope it continues to give you many trouble free miles of service.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I think surround takes a pretty strong signal, have you tired it with Sat radio?
not yet, I’ll give it a try tomorrow. I tried it with Apple Music

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I’m also A fan of Michelin tires and you’re correct, they do ride very smooth and very quiet.

Sounds like you’re enjoying your new F150.

May I suggest upgrading the oil to a full synthetic.

Personally, I have a preference for Pennzoil “Ultra“ full synthetic. The bad thing is, it’s not available on the shelf of your local auto parts store.....not even Walmart but, it can be ordered online from Walmart and other places.

Congrats....... I hope it continues to give you many trouble free miles of service.
The full synthetic is an excellent suggestion. I normally do that on new vehicles once they hit 2 or 3 thousand. I’ve heard you need to wait a few thousand miles so it will break in correctly. I don’t know if there is any truth to that.

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Iv'e put 1500 miles on my 2021 F150 Platinum with the powerboost engine and kind of feel obligated to post a review. I'll start by saying these things are awesome! They offer the best of everything. There is plenty of power if you want it. If you want good gas mileage it offers that too.

The OE Hankook at2 is much smoother and quieter than I anticipated. I still removed them and replaced them with Michelin Defenders. It rides as smooth and quiet as my wife's new escalade....like a dream.

The hybrid engine is a game changer. It's actually in electric mode more than I thought it would be. You can be cruising around at 35 or 40 and it will switch to electric. I thought it would just do that in reverse and cruising around in a parking lot.

The annoying beeping noise saying the vehicle is not in park when I was sitting at a red light that I mentioned in a previous post has gone away. I guess it does that the first couple hundred miles. I've noticed you have to shut the door pretty hard to keep the door ajar indicator from coming on.

The lane assist is simply amazing. It will all but drive the vehicle itself. No bouncing from line to line. Its true lane centering. I cant say enough good about this and cant wait for the OTA update next year.

My overall fuel mileage through 1500 miles is 17.2 but I drive really fast. My eco coach (another cool feature) is saying thats the only thing i'm doing wrong when it comes to fuel mileage. Today's 30 mile commute to the office averaged over 20 MPG and I know I could have gotten it higher. I'll try to do better tomorrow and report back.

The B&O Unleashed is excellent too! Especially since I found in the audio setting the surround mode. It comes from the factory in stereo mode.

The Auto 4wd seems to be like the AWD on my 18 Raptor. I dont know that for a fact, but it feels like it.

I'll be testing out the 7.2 KW generator sometime today and will report back with results.

I'm no writer and I know i'm jumping around a lot, but figured I should pass this on anyway. If I can think of anything else I will reply to this thread. If you have questions or want pictures of something other than myself or my wife, I don't mind helping. Hope this helps
How far, if miles, can you go in just electric mode? Is 35mph where it switches to hybrid mode?

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Thanks for sharing the information on your experience. Maybe you can share some pictures too?

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Adam, congratulations on all the positive experiences you're having with the Powerboost...and my thanks for being thoughtful enough to keep the rest of us posted. Very sorry to hear about the damaged businesses and homes you folks experienced last week. We're wishing everyone well there.

Jack

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Maybe someday, if I am very lucky, I will get my Platinum...

Sponsored

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum 2018Mustang GT 2013 Cadillac SRX
Occupation
Retired Farmer

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Farmer
Adam, congratulations on all the positive experiences you're having with the Powerboost...and my thanks for being thoughtful enough to keep the rest of us posted. Very sorry to hear about the damaged businesses and homes you folks experienced last week. We're wishing everyone well there.

Jack

MoSlick

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Farmer
My 2001 Limited power boost is in transit. The dealer told me yesterday that it should arrive between January 10 and 15th. I truly can’t wait!!!!

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
Hi, Adam I'm also in Nashville area and ordered a Lariat with hybrid and 7.2kw. How does the truck feel when switching from electric to engine and is it smoother when auto start/stop functions? Wanting to test drive one before buying it. Just waiting for one to hit near but dealership.

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Hi, Adam I'm also in Nashville area and ordered a Lariat with hybrid and 7.2kw. How does the truck feel when switching from electric to engine and is it smoother when auto start/stop functions? Wanting to test drive one before buying it. Just waiting for one to hit near but dealership.
Dunlap & Kyle Tire Co....530 Myatt Dr...come find out for yourself. The transition is very smooth.
Sponsored