My 1.5 months old 2023 PowerBoost is dead

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Unlike previous generation trucks/cars, on these Gen14 trucks your Forscan edits of AsBuilt values eventually become the official AsBuilt values on record in the cloud. (Motorcraft Servers) So even your "Service Department" wouldn't really be able to return your truck to Factory AsBuilt values.

And you really wouldn't want them to if the truck has been updated with OTA updates, since that too changes AsBuilt data in various modules that necessitate compatibility with other modules.

AsBuilt/Forscan can be a messy business now.
Sponsored

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
I take your point about it being a dealership issue and not a Ford issue, but I beg to differ. From the customer perspective, it's a Ford product being supported (or not) by Ford's representatives, in this case the dealer. Whether the dealer is an independent franchise or a company-owned dealership (is there such a thing?) makes no difference to me as the customer. I bought a Ford truck and I expect a certain level of support from Ford including its support infrastructure.
Perhaps Ford needs to do a better job of disciplining its field representatives (the dealers). The corporate culture permeates the entire chain from manufacturer to dealer to service.
Sounds harsh, but until we as customers hold FORD responsible, the customer will continue to be at the mercy of an individual dealer. That should not be the case.
Well, what it should be versus reality. Ford reimbursed me for my rental since the dealer wouldn't do anything regarding a loaner.

wrgrimes

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch standard; PowerBoost; 2WD; 7.2Kw
I believe it's high beam flashes instead of honks.
Youtube short vid
Oh, my BAD!
Brain is getting old!
You are correct

I did dig up something from a previous thread
“Power + FF works across the Ford/Lincoln lineup. System reboot. All in takes about 30 seconds.”

Use at your own risk 😉

OP
OP

scho7623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
Update: After asking about the status of my truck, I just heard back from my service advisor. They said the waste gate actuator and turbo need to be replaced. I have no idea what those parts are, what caused those parts to break, and how many more days I will be without my truck... 😭

jerryllah

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Platinum 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
RETIRED
Update: After asking about the status of my truck, I just heard back from my service advisor. They said the waste gate actuator and turbo need to be replaced. I have no idea what those parts are, what caused those parts to break, and how many more days I will be without my truck... 😭
When my truck 23 model did it 2 weeks ago I went to the dealer ship the next morning and it started just fine. Went the next day and it started just fine. I told them I wanted to pick up the truck. They were waiting for their transmission tech to get free to replace the motor generator in the transmission. It had a code for that. I have not had another issue with the truck not starting. I have been monitoring my battery very close. Go get your truck before they really mess it up.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
When my truck 23 model did it 2 weeks ago I went to the dealer ship the next morning and it started just fine. Went the next day and it started just fine. I told them I wanted to pick up the truck. They were waiting for their transmission tech to get free to replace the motor generator in the transmission. It had a code for that. I have not had another issue with the truck not starting. I have been monitoring my battery very close. Go get your truck before they really mess it up.
Wow! Seriously?

I swear it's either feast or famine with service on these Gen14 trucks.
One dealership won't even consider putting in a fresh battery while the next dealership is going to replace the whole Hybrid Traction motor/torque converter assembly?

FrogRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986&2017 F250, 2009, 2013 2022 F150
Original post really seems to hit home - Had these very similar dashboard messages, truck would not start, had it towed. After 59 days out of 70 and 6 total trips to the shop and many of the computers/modules replaced etc. All of it ended up being shorts in the system caused by a short the USB/power outlet in the rear console to the back seats.

Replaced that and everything has been great since. A screw from the factory nicked a wire (stripped the coating) and bumps would cause the wire to move and ground/short out items within the truck. Strange but finally located it.
Sponsored