• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Idk how many of you watch the Long Mcarthur youtube streams, but i watched the livestream today, and check this out..

NEW NEWS! Per their live stream today, dealers can't keep switching around their ADM and give different customers different ADMS. They also can't threaten to move around your reservation. Everything was locked in place in December. So if you're told $5k ADM and they told your buddy MSRP, sue their asses. Only thing that I can foresee is dealers getting deliveries and playing "pimp my ride" game with add-ons. Also, dealer confirms everything right now is based on timestamp. So I'm assuming that if you transfer dealerships, you're place in line should be good depending on where their other customers are with time stamps. So that explains why many have complained about they keep getting bumped down to lower spots.

Watch from 35:55-37:45..straight out of a dealers mouth.

Also watch 26:20-33:10 where he talks about why to order online and NOT in-person at a dealership and other good info.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Good info thanks. I switched dealers and they are telling me the same thing. My place is determined by timestamp.

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
It looks like I can't order online because my dealer switched names. I wonder if there is some way to fix that. I do have an email from them saying there would be no ADM.

OP
OP

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
It looks like I can't order online because my dealer switched names. I wonder if there is some way to fix that. I do have an email from them saying there would be no ADM.
Conspiracy theory: they switched names because of that email they sent to you. They were like oh shi*t, we're supposed to charge $5K ADM! how can we fix this? Quick, change the name of the dealership! Phew..close one..

All jokes aside, just go to the dealership in person and ask for the sales manager. See if he has your order showing up in their system. If so, you may have to order in-person, or try emailing ford and tell them your problem (which i'm sure u did). But if the dealer does see your order in their system, then just keep a good paper trail in case you get a chance to talk to a higher-up at ford to fix it. Good Luck.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
I found his prediction that everyone who ordered on first day will get a MY22. Hope he is correct on that one :)

Sponsored
OP
OP

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I found his prediction that everyone who ordered on first day will get a MY22. Hope he is correct on that one :)
Ya i heard that too. He's prolly thinking that since there were 20k reservations on day 1, and they planning on making a minimum of 15k this year, but stated they gonna pump production, he may be correct. tomorrow and thursday will tell us everything. If dealers get a bunch of invites, it'll look good. If its still only 1/dealer, or even 2, it'll tell us that fords prolly sticking to making 15K trucks, which still means 75% of day 1 orders will be fullfilled.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Conspiracy theory: they switched names because of that email they sent to you. They were like oh shi*t, we're supposed to charge $5K ADM! how can we fix this? Quick, change the name of the dealership! Phew..close one..

All jokes aside, just go to the dealership in person and ask for the sales manager. See if he has your order showing up in their system. If so, you may have to order in-person, or try emailing ford and tell them your problem (which i'm sure u did). But if the dealer does see your order in their system, then just keep a good paper trail in case you get a chance to talk to a higher-up at ford to fix it. Good Luck.
I’m in the same boat. Dealer has to redo their paperwork for Ford’s e-commerce portal. I went into my dealer and I cannot even move the reservation so that they can process my invitation manually since I cannot see it in my portal to press the authorization. My invitation and reservation disappeared from my portal right after Wave 1 opened.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Idk how many of you watch the Long Mcarthur youtube streams, but i watched the livestream today, and check this out..

NEW NEWS! Per their live stream today, dealers can't keep switching around their ADM and give different customers different ADMS. They also can't threaten to move around your reservation. Everything was locked in place in December. So if you're told $5k ADM and they told your buddy MSRP, sue their asses. Only thing that I can foresee is dealers getting deliveries and playing "pimp my ride" game with add-ons. Also, dealer confirms everything right now is based on timestamp. So I'm assuming that if you transfer dealerships, you're place in line should be good depending on where their other customers are with time stamps. So that explains why many have complained about they keep getting bumped down to lower spots.

Also watch 26:20-33:10 where he talks about why to order online and NOT in-person at a dealership and other good info.
I cancelled my order .i no longer want any part of Ford . Products quality has taken rapid downturn . Sold my 2015 expedition sadly . My 21' f150 is a lemon .Generator wont reset every time its wet . Likely exactly when needed and why i bought the truck . Going to dealer again . Ford says software . No software fails when it rains. Steer clear of these trucks for a couple years

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military
I cancelled my order .i no longer want any part of Ford . Products quality has taken rapid downturn . Sold my 2015 expedition sadly . My 21' f150 is a lemon .Generator wont reset every time its wet . Likely exactly when needed and why i bought the truck . Going to dealer again . Ford says software . No software fails when it rains. Steer clear of these trucks for a couple years
It will be a bumpy ride for sure no one knew how to work on my powerboost, but heck that’s why there’s a warranty

Dolfanrich13

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler 4xe
Occupation
Military

anyone else see that screen shot of that order? Thier reservation date was July!

Sponsored

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
anyone else see that screen shot of that order? Thier reservation date was July!
Wonder what his reservation date is.

I think he provides some good info, but the fact that two dealership employees went to the head of the line says something about they way they operate.

Sprta

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 XLT
Occupation
Retired

What if the dealer that the reservation is being transferred to does not accept the transfer.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Ya i heard that too. He's prolly thinking that since there were 20k reservations on day 1, and they planning on making a minimum of 15k this year, but stated they gonna pump production, he may be correct. tomorrow and thursday will tell us everything. If dealers get a bunch of invites, it'll look good. If its still only 1/dealer, or even 2, it'll tell us that fords prolly sticking to making 15K trucks, which still means 75% of day 1 orders will be fullfilled.
The quantity in the wave isn't going to tell you anything. First, you won't know the total anyway. Second, Ford plans on doing a wave approximately every 2 weeks until 3/31 (and of course they may change that), followed by a 22MY balance out.

My dealer has almost 300 on the reservation list, and told me they've been told they'll get 9 MY22 trucks. 9.

There are about 3,000 Ford dealers in the US, but just over 2,000 EV qualified ones. 2,000 x 9 = ...

OP
OP

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
The quantity in the wave isn't going to tell you anything. First, you won't know the total anyway. Second, Ford plans on doing a wave approximately every 2 weeks until 3/31 (and of course they may change that), followed by a 22MY balance out.

My dealer has almost 300 on the reservation list, and told me they've been told they'll get 9 MY22 trucks. 9.

There are about 3,000 Ford dealers in the US, but just over 2,000 EV qualified ones. 2,000 x 9 = ...
A lot of crazy math has been done on here many times since January. There's actually 2,300 certified EV dealers. My average before wave 2 was about 7 per dealer. But after wave 2, we saw that many dealerships didn't get an invite for either wave 1 OR 2, and then we also saw many dealerships adding crazy ADM because even though they got invites, they found out they'd only be allocated 1 or 2 units for 22MY when they thought they'd get 10. Then we learned more about ZEV state priority. And then news of mannequins being sent to all the dealers so that's approx. -2,300 units not available to reservation holders. So I think everyone's math from Dec./Jan. is all out the window...no reason to waste time and stress cuz i don't think anyone will figure out Ford's senseless formula and strategy.. if they even have one lol.

It seems wave 3 saw a more action than wave 2, but everything is just a wild guessing game until someone leaks some solid numbers.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
The strategy consists of a really large dartboard with 200000 dots on it. Underpaid interns are in danger of developing tennis elbow from all that dart throwing, and carpal tunnel from writing all the winning numbers down. No beer either. Worst pub ever.
Sponsored