Must have features.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
For those that will be purchasing the 14th Gen F150, what are the no compromise must have features that you’ll want on your new F150.

For me, I’ve become used to and I really, really like some features on my 2016 and I can’t see myself purchasing another F150 without these features so I’ll only list the most important ones to me.

”OEM” LED headlights and Intelligent Access.

Unless Ford changes it’s package options, one has to step up to a Lariat with the 502A package to get these features and to me, it’s worth it but I know many will say it’s not worth the big up change.

Looking forward to the replies.
Sponsored

Mando

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150 XLT
Remote tailgate release - I've seen it in action on a buddy's 2019. Pretty darn cool and handy. So definitely want this option.

OEM LED headlights and Intelligent Access are crucial ones too like you said.

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
The one no compromise feature if I had to pick one is Apple Carplay.

With no way to upgrade factory infotainment systems, they inevitably become outdated after even just a couple of years. Using Apple Carplay or Android Auto instead allows me to keep my infotainment and nav features always updated and evolving. (y)

LaserDawg1981

First Name
Harvey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 ford mustang, 2015 ford edge
For me to buy it, it has to have some way to lower the truck, I drive my parents around and I got rid of my truck cause they couldn't get in it.
I would also like to see the digital instrument cluster.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GABAR

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
The one no compromise feature if I had to pick one is Apple Carplay.

With no way to upgrade factory infotainment systems, they inevitably become outdated after even just a couple of years. Using Apple Carplay or Android Auto instead allows me to keep my infotainment and nav features always updated and evolving. (y)
I don’t think you’ll have to worry about the new F150 and possibly any new vehicle with at least an eight inch screen, not being able to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

I think all car brands have finally wised up and faced reality that many consumers like and prefer the alternate infotainment interfaces via Apple and Google over the stock / OEM infotainment interface.

OP
OP
GABAR

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Remote tailgate release - I've seen it in action on a buddy's 2019. Pretty darn cool and handy. So definitely want this option.

Funny that you mentioned “Remote Tailgate Release “

I have this feature on my 2016 and since 2016 when I purchased it brand new, I can honestly say that I’ve probably used this feature less than 5 times.

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
36 gallon tank if going gas again, tailgate step, adaptive cruise, LED lights, leather, no moonroof. I think i've used the remote tailgate feature twice in the last 5 years.

Correy

First Name
Correy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4
- LED Headlights/Tail Lights
- Automatic Climate Control (I've really gotten used to it)
- Power Fold Mirrors
- Tailgate Step

Opsman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
- LED head and tail lights... have there been any prototypes spied with halogen lights?
- New tailgate pivot step looks very promising, as long as it's not trim specific
- Better materials in the interior. Hard to tell if the plastics/leather are improved from the spy photos.

Sponsored

Bakerman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
All I want is an F-150 with twin panel roof, 40/20/40 front bench(I have 4 children) and Adaptive cruise control ( i have that in my current vehicle and I use it all the time).

For some reason, the 40/20/40 front bench removes Adaptive cruise...I assume its either a wiring harness or control locations issue as the Shifter is in the column with a front bench. I have spoken to 3 different dealers over 3 years looking for this combo to be made available...No dice. I don't care to discuss the validity of it or its utility. I just like it.

Honestly, it's the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger. It might seem silly but when I'm dropping that kind of cheddar on a vehicle I don't compromise.

SantinoEli

First Name
Santino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150 XLT FX4, 2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2013 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ
For me to buy it, it has to have some way to lower the truck, I drive my parents around and I got rid of my truck cause they couldn't get in it.
I would also like to see the digital instrument cluster.
SADLY I HATE THE CLUSTER BECAUSE IT LOOKS PLAIN!!?

Daniel

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Santino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, 2018 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Kid
For those that will be purchasing the 14th Gen F150, what are the no compromise must have features that you’ll want on your new F150.

For me, I’ve become used to and I really, really like some features on my 2016 and I can’t see myself purchasing another F150 without these features so I’ll only list the most important ones to me.

”OEM” LED headlights and Intelligent Access.

Unless Ford changes it’s package options, one has to step up to a Lariat with the 502A package to get these features and to me, it’s worth it but I know many will say it’s not worth the big up change.

Looking forward to the replies.
It should get this feature

Ford F-150 Must have features. yytimages

Ford F-150 Must have features. uuuimages
Sponsored