Sponsored

Must Have Accessories for Bed/Cargo Management?

greyphox

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 5.0 Lariat SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Lots of ratchet straps, in various lengths, widths, and working load ratings.

You can buy E-Track accessories and use the box link system and make your own attachments if you are somewhat handy. Just keep in mind the E-Track accessories are a bit smaller than the box link, so there can be some side to side play. I plan to make my own bed divider soon for probably $30 of materials, it just won't look as pretty as the $350 plastic Ford one.

I bought these to use since they were cheap:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HHVCDKF?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Depending on your cab configuration (I assume crew since that is the most popular), rear under seat storage is great for all the miscellaneous stuff you want to keep around. If you don't have it from the factory, there are usually aftermarket ones you can buy.

If you have a lot of stuff, a truck tool box could come in handy, but most people have short beds and that eats up a lot of bed space. Those rear swing cases are a pretty popular solution (as @Fredm2002 already mentioned) as you can keep the full length of the bed, you just lose that space between the wheel well and tailgate, but you can still have a standard bed cover, unlike a normal tool box. Personally, they are not for me, but each person has their own requirements and tastes, and you can customize your truck however suits your life best.
Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
16" is about right. It's just the right size for a milk crate (another critical item btw), propane tank, or gas can. I prefer a 1x12 over 2x12 because it's easy to lift with one hand. Seems strong enough for my purpose.
Yep. I have a collapsible bin I keep back there. I'll have to measure it because it's bigger than a milk crate. More like Rubbermaid tote sized.

3DogKnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Escape Titanium - 2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
100% retired
First truck awaits shipment- aside from a bed cover what are some cargo management must haves?
I.e. under back seat/bed storage accessories etc. Thanks for the recommendations.
If you're handy you could make one of these like I did. It keeps gas cans and such from moving around and sliding forward. Boards are removable.

Ford F-150 Must Have Accessories for Bed/Cargo Management? 16EF7C38-9C76-4986-ABD6-0D9F4D9A60FB_1_201_a

Ford F-150 Must Have Accessories for Bed/Cargo Management? E9C1157E-BFA1-455A-9C5A-1B9CF8E3C195

Ford F-150 Must Have Accessories for Bed/Cargo Management? A5C892CA-EC50-4FC4-B75E-37118C4A129C

Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I installed a storage bin under the rear set but would not do this again as it reduced the floor space for items when the rear seat is raised by 50%. The one advantage of a supercrew cab was this floor space.

The Ford tie-down attachments that connect near the top of the sides of the box are very useful and a good design.

I also put a 1/2" thick 4x 6.5 foot rubber bed mat in the truck to minimize how much slides around. It is much easier to pull out and dump any sand or dirt than having to grab the shop vac and crawl inside.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I also put a 1/2" thick 4x 6.5 foot rubber bed mat in the truck to minimize how much slides around. It is much easier to pull out and dump any sand or dirt than having to grab the shop vac and crawl inside.
That's a good point. I never thought of using one since I have a spray liner. Figured it would be like wearing a hat over a toupee.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The bed has large sections where it dips below the main level and so it makes it easier to slide things in from the tailgate but more likely that they will slide around while you drive.

A cargo bar might help but I worry about using one and damaging the aluminum sides of the box. I use ratcheting cargo straps and bungee cords to keep stuff in place in the bed.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
I had the Ford split bed extender. It's a great extender, but it blocks the Pro Power panel. I mostly used it as a bed divider. I decided to try a bed divider and so far I am pleased. No, I didn't buy it new at $350. I bought it second hand. Check the various online selling places and you can find these for $100-150. Maybe even less.

Now I have a "trunk" the width of the bed and about 16" deep. I have full and unincumbered access to the Pro Power panel. For organization I purchased collapsible bins. These have worked great. There may be times I want the extender instead. It's easy to swap between the two. I'm pondering how I can stow the extender in the bed to always have it should I need it. With good planning this should never be necessary though.

Ford F-150 Must Have Accessories for Bed/Cargo Management? 20230204_122108-picsay

Ford F-150 Must Have Accessories for Bed/Cargo Management? 20230204_122033-picsay

Ford F-150 Must Have Accessories for Bed/Cargo Management? 20230203_164928
Sponsored