F150 2021 lariat 5.0

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
If you don’t count the 6112s having multiple settings out front and needing to have a hat installed.

I’m pretty confident the largest difference comes down to one word.

Warranty

If you are installing yourself and/or don’t care about warranty. Bilstein.

If you plan on having a Ford tech install and want the warranty. Ford Performance.

OP
OP
Qutaiba

Qutaiba

First Name
Qutaiba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 lariat 5.0
What truck do you have?
2021 lariat 5.0 currently running the 1.5in pucks but dont like the ride. its to soft for me. also like the 1.5 lift cuz it leaves me some rake when i hook my boat. so maybe the 6112s would be better cuz i can set them to 1.5 and cant do that on the ford performance, maybe the 2in would be too leveld for me

OP
OP
Qutaiba

Qutaiba

First Name
Qutaiba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 lariat 5.0
If you don’t count the 6112s having multiple settings out front and needing to have a hat installed.

I’m pretty confident the largest difference comes down to one word.

Warranty

If you are installing yourself and/or don’t care about warranty. Bilstein.

If you plan on having a Ford tech install and want the warranty. Ford Performance.
great information and i dont care about warranty that much im just curious that the ford performance would ride much better than the 6112s then regret it. shipping to kuwait alone costs 350$. thanks again for your reply

Sponsored

Hebed118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB 4x4
2021 lariat 5.0 currently running the 1.5in pucks but dont like the ride. its to soft for me. also like the 1.5 lift cuz it leaves me some rake when i hook my boat. so maybe the 6112s would be better cuz i can set them to 1.5 and cant do that on the ford performance, maybe the 2in would be too leveld for me
I think you'd be happy with the 6112s and save some money not going with the Ford Performance variant. You can get they pretty cheap not assembled, but you can also get them assembled for a few dollars more. However, that does come with a small leadtime.

Bill_R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-250 Lariat; 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Contracting Officer
Here are a couple threads on the Ford Performance kit. I was considering the same as you and decided to go with Ford Performance based on what I have read. I think you would be happy with either, but the non-Ford Performance may be more suited for what you are looking for since you can adjust the ride height from 0" to 2.5". If you do decide to go with the Ford Performance, be sure to message Stage 3 Motor Sports for forum pricing. They may end up being cheaper than an assembled Bilstein kit.

2021-2023 F150 4WD Ford Performance by Bilstein Suspension Kit M-18000-F15B

2021-2023 F-150 Ford Performance Leveling Kit (by Bilstein) is released

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
great information and i dont care about warranty that much im just curious that the ford performance would ride much better than the 6112s then regret it. shipping to kuwait alone costs 350$. thanks again for your reply
Yeah, I don't think they're going to ride much different.

I noticed you want to run a 1.5" setting.

Ford Performance kit comes with only two settings 2" and 2.5"

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I'd go with the ford performance ones. I bet you'd still have some rake on the 2" setting w/boat; and if not, throw some tremor blocks on the back. But, I like to make things complicated like that. lol.

Last edited:

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 King Ranch 5.0 V8
I dont know about either specifically, but I would would dig deeper and see what hardware each kit comes with.
on a different Ford I went with the Ford Performance version because that kit included new bolts, nuts and in the case of the Ranger new axle nuts. granted things like shock bolts/nuts probably dont need replaced after a short time. but for me I liked all new OEM hardware.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Qutaiba

Qutaiba

First Name
Qutaiba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 lariat 5.0
I think you'd be happy with the 6112s and save some money not going with the Ford Performance variant. You can get they pretty cheap not assembled, but you can also get them assembled for a few dollars more. However, that does come with a small leadtime.
thanks buddy

OP
OP
Qutaiba

Qutaiba

First Name
Qutaiba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 lariat 5.0
Here are a couple threads on the Ford Performance kit. I was considering the same as you and decided to go with Ford Performance based on what I have read. I think you would be happy with either, but the non-Ford Performance may be more suited for what you are looking for since you can adjust the ride height from 0" to 2.5". If you do decide to go with the Ford Performance, be sure to message Stage 3 Motor Sports for forum pricing. They may end up being cheaper than an assembled Bilstein kit.

2021-2023 F150 4WD Ford Performance by Bilstein Suspension Kit M-18000-F15B

2021-2023 F-150 Ford Performance Leveling Kit (by Bilstein) is released
I'd go with the ford performance ones. I bet you'd still have some rake on the 2" setting w/boat; and if not, throw some tremor blocks on the back. But, I like to make things complicated like that. lol.
how thick is the tremor rear blocks? compared to normal f150

OP
OP
Qutaiba

Qutaiba

First Name
Qutaiba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2021 lariat 5.0
I dont know about either specifically, but I would would dig deeper and see what hardware each kit comes with.
on a different Ford I went with the Ford Performance version because that kit included new bolts, nuts and in the case of the Ranger new axle nuts. granted things like shock bolts/nuts probably dont need replaced after a short time. but for me I liked all new OEM hardware.
thanks bob

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
how thick is the tremor rear blocks? compared to normal f150
I believe the Tremor blocks are 2 1/4”, and the regular FX4 is 1 1/4”; so a 1” difference.
Sponsored