Sponsored

Mud Flaps, Mud Guards, Splash Guards

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
Look at these splash guards. I swear they are the same as the OEM Ford splash guards except without the Ford logo. I took a chance on them. Half the price of Ford's. I compared them to my friend's OEM splash guards and could tell no difference.

One caveat though. Mine arrived with missing hardware. I can't say this is the norm. Given the price I sourced the hardware I needed. It was an additional expense, but I was still far below Ford's price. Free returns so it doesn't hurt to check them out. If they don't meet your standards, return them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dzacco

dzacco

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
They do look identical except for the Ford logo on the rear mudflaps. I have no doubt they are Chinese knock offs. I would have returned them without the hardware. I bought the Ford mudflaps for over twice that price but at least I know they weren't stamped "Made in China".

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
My truck included the narrow step rails and I added aftermarket spash guards. I plan to remove the spash guards and install extend-a-fender flares at all four wheels.

If Ford had put on a full width running board there would not be a problem but the Ford standard black running boards are only 4 inches in width and are recessed so only the outer 3 inches protects the sides of the truck.

The Ford running boards are also extremely slippery when wet so I should replace them with something better as well. Got spoiled by the factory running boards on my Chevy Silverado.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
I have been driving F150's for 30 years, and I always get OEM flaps. I stumbled upon these and took a chance. They are built exactly like the OEM flaps. I can only assume they make them for Ford, and these are the unbranded - un numbered version. $24 whopping smakeroos for the set of four.

https://a.co/d/89QZS9P

EDIT: I just bought these on 2/7/23, but now they are $52.99. Guess I scored, but either way they are a good deal.

LtMoustache

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Have been pretty happy with gatorback, went with front and back. Stay flexible in the winter and have had no issues cutting through the deeper snow. The flaps have definitely helped reduce the crap on the front of our trailer in the summer too. 

PSX_20210902_111734.jpg
Any idea if there's a part number for the little splash Guard in front of the rear tires? Lots of guys deleting.. I'd swap or buy theirs as I mostly do highway

Ford F-150 Mud Flaps, Mud Guards, Splash Guards Screenshot_20230227-115525_Chrome

Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I have been driving F150's for 30 years, and I always get OEM flaps. I stumbled upon these and took a chance. They are built exactly like the OEM flaps. I can only assume they make them for Ford, and these are the unbranded - un numbered version. $24 whopping smakeroos for the set of four.

https://a.co/d/89QZS9P

EDIT: I just bought these on 2/7/23, but now they are $52.99. Guess I scored, but either way they are a good deal.
I just looked these up and found them for $25, so I'm gonna give them a shot myself. Do they come with installation instructions?

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
I just looked these up and found them for $25, so I'm gonna give them a shot myself. Do they come with installation instructions?
Nope, but they install exactly like OEM which is as straight forward as they get. I am share somebody can sure their supplied OEM instruction sheet, which is 100% useless anyhow. IKEA direction are better, lol. YouTube videos will show you how if you need help.

Last edited:

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
I have the Weather Tech ones. I have not owned an F150 before so this is my first truck and first set of mud flaps, so nothing to compare them to. They do what I wanted and that was to keep the dirt and rocks from being thrown up on my paint. and if I want to remove them, not sure why I would, it is a simple un-install.

A couple of pictures of mine installed, not the best angles:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ack-appearance-package-bap-in-progress.10346/

Last edited:

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
@Jmeo and @{tpc}

Now that both of you have been using the Amazon flaps for about a year, what are your opinions on them?

Sponsored

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
They are working just fine, much less issue keeping the running boards clean now. The hardware isn't exactly stainless or anything, so that might be the only part worth looking into, a replacement for screws that might get some surface rust.

Or just use the screws and let it blend in nicely with the surface rust on the axle and everywhere else lol.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
@Jmeo and @{tpc}

Now that both of you have been using the Amazon flaps for about a year, what are your opinions on them?
They are working just fine, much less issue keeping the running boards clean now. The hardware isn't exactly stainless or anything, so that might be the only part worth looking into, a replacement for screws that might get some surface rust.

Or just use the screws and let it blend in nicely with the surface rust on the axle and everywhere else lol.
I agree, the flaps themselves are just fine. The hardware rusted in less than a week. I switched it out with spare hardware I had from my last 50 vehicles, lol.

D3adk

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT Sport
+1 for OEM mud flaps. They offer very good coverage for the money compared to other options. I really wanted Gatorbacks but the cost just doesn’t make a ton of sense when OEM provides almost the same coverage for a fraction of price. Install was also very easy.

I considered weathertech but they sit flush with side of truck and don’t poke out very far. Which that could be a selling point to some especially with OEM wheels. But I have 12mm offset Shelby wheels and AT tires that poke out a bit so needed coverage outward from the body of the truck to protect stones from flying at cars behind me. OEM covers almost perfectly.

Ford F-150 Mud Flaps, Mud Guards, Splash Guards IMG_1913

Ford F-150 Mud Flaps, Mud Guards, Splash Guards IMG_1910

Ford F-150 Mud Flaps, Mud Guards, Splash Guards IMG_1912

franksfords

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150,2007 Explorer,2018 Explorer,2023 F150
Occupation
computer technician
Ordered a set of OEM for my truck. Haven't gotten them yet. Have factory wheels. Bought OEM for my 2018 Explorer when I got it and I'm pleased with them so I figured these would be good too.
Sponsored