First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 3500, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Insurance Analyst
Great info. Thank you for posting. Underwhelmed however with the numbers unless I’m missing something.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Great info. Thank you for posting. Underwhelmed however with the numbers unless I’m missing something.
I would agree, but it is important to note the setting was a ton of stop and go with the Ford rep telling the driver’s to drive it hard dozens of times.

I NEEEED a f150

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX 2014
Thank you for posting! How did the power / get up and go compare to a regular 3.5 ecoboost (if you have driven one before)?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you for posting! How did the power / get up and go compare to a regular 3.5 ecoboost (if you have driven one before)?
Unfortunately, they did not have a gas 3.5 EcoBoost at my event and I haven’t had the pleasure yet, so I can’t compare.

I drove an EcoBoost for the first time at the event (a 2.7). There was a slight bit of turbo lag in my opinion, but when it spooled up, I was thoroughly impressed!

There was perceivable no turbo lag at all (to me) in the PowerBoost. When I was able to “get on it”, I was doing nearly 70 and having to let off. It was impressive, and smooth.

That is purely a “by the seat of my pants” feel, though, and noting official!

I am still likely going to order the gasoline 3.5 in lieu of the PowerBoost for myself, though.

Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
I was at the event as well. These numbers are pretty useless for mpg because Ford had most of the trucks running with ac on for the full day. So if you consider that, 19.8 mpg for a car just truck sitting there and running could be considered a "good thing". :cool:

mike001va

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 f150
Occupation
retired

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have been to tons of events like this over the years. The way the manuf. (not just Ford) reps blast them and how they let the testing public romp them; coupled with a lot of a/c and idle time, I would give that number an A+. 'Real world' the numbers are going to come back pretty stout..imo.

Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have been to tons of events like this over the years. The way the manuf. (not just Ford) reps blast them and how they let the testing public romp them; coupled with a lot of a/c and idle time, I would give that number an A+. 'Real world' the numbers are going to come back pretty stout..imo.
I agree, this is not even close to a real indication and the numbers at this event will be bad. I expect the real numbers will be much better.

Sponsored

outdoorCO1975

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
But didn't they say they drove the vehicles from event to event? Could they really get 2400 miles on them without some serious highway time?

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
The fuel mileage is not for one tank. It is a collective for 2700miles which is at least two or three tanks of mileage.

outdoorCO1975

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The fuel mileage is not for one tank. It is a collective for 2700miles which is at least two or three tanks of mileage.
What I meant was, if they drove it 2700 miles over multiple tanks and only got 19 mpg, that’s not that great since your best mpg should be on highway cruising.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I have not been to one of the recent F-150 events, are the Ford reps driving every one of these trucks from place to place? Even if they are, I still believe that the mileage is going to be better than what is shown on the dash based on a number of factors regarding the trucks being demonstrators.

I am not expecting 700 miles on a tank as Ford has targeted (I assume the target # is based on the least loaded/lightest Powerboost truck they build), but I would like to see 550.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have not been to one of the recent F-150 events, are the Ford reps driving every one of these trucks from place to place? Even if they are, I still believe that the mileage is going to be better than what is shown on the dash based on a number of factors regarding the trucks being demonstrators.

I am not expecting 700 miles on a tank as Ford has targeted (I assume the target # is based on the least loaded/lightest Powerboost truck they build), but I would like to see 550.

They are driving them across country from event to event. Each Ford rep. is assigned a truck to drive.
Sponsored