Sponsored

Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille!

Nate713

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Just posted a video on YouTube comparing the red vs the smoked. I prefer the red and I’m very pleased with the outcome. Waiting for the 3rd brake light to arrive tomorrow then I’ll post a video of that as well.

Sponsored

Nate713

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I’ve had my taillights installed for a week and I was backing out today and my wife noticed my driver side reverse light was out. I emailed Morimoto to hopefully get it replaced
You have to call because email takes like a week to get a response. Wait times are long though not going to lie like a 30 minute hold.

kmistric

First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
You have to call because email takes like a week to get a response. Wait times are long though not going to lie like a 30 minute hold.
I emailed them yesterday and have went back and forth with them a few times today. Looks like my options are purchase another set and get a refund for the lights I have now or send my faulty lights back and they send me another pair

Nate713

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I emailed them yesterday and have went back and forth with them a few times today. Looks like my options are purchase another set and get a refund for the lights I have now or send my faulty lights back and they send me another pair
Yeah I did the first option. I paid again and I have 30 days to ship the smoked ones back with a shipping label they pay for I just need to take to ups and they will refund me that money.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Just speaking for the bending self adjusting LED headlights, they really think I am going to spend $2,155 to remove my factory LED headlights and lose the glare free option and bending feature the factory headlights offer, are they serious??

" GAME CHANGER: The game has just changed, again. If you've got a 2021+ F150 and you paid extra for the OEM LED headlights, well... hind sight hurts doesn't it? If you're thinking about buying one, the Morimoto XB LED headlights for the 2021+ Ford F150 should be the first thing on your wish list."

No where does it mention that they match the features on the stock headlights, seems like it'd be quite the downgrade.

Disclaimer before I get attacked: I am only referring to the top trim level headlights, for anything with out glare free or bending, these morimotos do look great.
I agree, my 2022 Plat has some pretty serious brightness, especially after enabling Bambi. At $2k, isnt it seriously better to just get a nice, clean light bar for $500? Or is it a "Morimoto" thing, like having Starbucks, cuz its "Starbucks"?

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ok coupla dumb Q's....
1. ) If you get in an accident, does Insurance pay base (OEM) or will they cover these more expensive replacements?
2.) My 2015 Plat had a perfect space for the Putco Luminix 36" lightbar. It almost looked factory or made specifically for that F150. My 2022 has NO SPACE to fit a nice lightbar. Has anyone come up with a nice lightbar that looks clean and concise on the 21-23 Plat? There is one video of a company drilling holes in a brand new $80k Plat (F150LEDS.com) no way am I drilling into body panels\valance.

Here is my old 2015...

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 20230126_114635

Here is my 2022

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 20230410_170128

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok coupla dumb Q's....
1. ) If you get in an accident, does Insurance pay base (OEM) or will they cover these more expensive replacements?
2.) My 2015 Plat had a perfect space for the Putco Luminix 36" lightbar. It almost looked factory or made specifically for that F150. My 2022 has NO SPACE to fit a nice lightbar. Has anyone come up with a nice lightbar that looks clean and concise on the 21-23 Plat? There is one video of a company drilling holes in a brand new $80k Plat (F150LEDS.com) no way am I drilling into body panels\valance.
Depends on coverage if it's more $$. My base policy includes $3k in aftermarket parts. If you swap out a factory part with cheaper aftermarket and it's damaged, I'd bet they're not going to argue with you on replacing your cheaper-to-source aftermarket part. Not sure where my raptor MCS seats reside. Need to call them and see exactly where this stuff resides. I mean it's made of factory parts, but raptor MCS doesn't exist in ford's book.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Depends on coverage if it's more $$. My base policy includes $3k in aftermarket parts. If you swap out a factory part with cheaper aftermarket and it's damaged, I'd bet they're not going to argue with you on replacing your cheaper-to-source aftermarket part. Not sure where my raptor MCS seats reside. Need to call them and see exactly where this stuff resides. I mean it's made of factory parts, but raptor MCS doesn't exist in ford's book.
But if your Seats are damaged in an accident gonna pretty much conclude it would be a total.
Not sure how often seats get damaged in an accident except for side airbag, which again, total.
Knock on wood haven't been in accident since about 19yrs old, 53 now, don't even know what my deductible is, I'm guessing $250?
Anyway, won't matter anyway, won't buy em, just wondering, more interested in the lightbar\Plat Q.
:)
Don't think anyone has an answer
:(

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your insurance company does. I did the ford insure option that monitored my habits for 90 days at the end of last year. $3k in aftermarket coverage is default. Like most policies you can increase that. After I got my full 40% discount on the policy I made a bunch of changes basically mega deluxe full coverage. I added in vanishing deductible and changed it to $750 (instantly becomes 650$ and removes $100/yr until it removes $500, thus becoming $250 at the 5yr mark). Added complete glass coverage, high limits, etc... and it's still ~$80/mo. For the same coverage with statefarm it would be double that easily.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Your insurance company does. I did the ford insure option that monitored my habits for 90 days at the end of last year. $3k in aftermarket coverage is default. Like most policies you can increase that. After I got my full 40% discount on the policy I made a bunch of changes basically mega deluxe full coverage. I added in vanishing deductible and changed it to $750 (instantly becomes 650$ and removes $100/yr until it removes $500, thus becoming $250 at the 5yr mark). Added complete glass coverage, high limits, etc... and it's still ~$80/mo. For the same coverage with statefarm it would be double that easily.
Sorry Ham, I didn't clarify clearly...

Anyway, won't matter anyway, won't buy em (after market lights and don't really need to know about the insurance), just wondering, more interested in the lightbar\Plat Q.
:)
(for the lightbar\Plat)

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
3rd brake light arrived at work Friday!

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Here is mine installed on my white truck. (Note i messed up teh black letters as i was in a rush so the 5 is lower lol).

I didnt really want to upgrade tailights but my factory ones were glitching really hard (Reverse lights were now the signals, and i even swapped them to see if it was the truck or the taillights). THis was beucase of cracked/water damage on the factory tailight due to hit while it was parked.

Couple of things:
1. That red light is SUPER bright at night. I noticed that it is stays on even in the day time with no headlights/parking lights on some times.
2. The reverse lights are TERRIBLE however i have the booster bar and that makes it overall slightly better than factory reverse lights.
3. For some reason i was geting BLIS errors on the highway but i havent seen it come back. I am wondering if it was beucase i didnt move the wires over when i installed the OEM BLIS.

Overall: I love these lights. They look amazing in person, and looks great on white. THe best part is i never seen anyone else that has them yet!

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1686932845241

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1686932859945
Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1686932901680

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1686932920182
Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1686932936791