Sponsored

Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille!

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
Several people had issues with Morimoto's Super Duty headlights. Maybe these aren't as shitty, but I'd go with Diode Dynamics if I was in the market for some.
Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
I sure as hell I'm happy I bought my Lariat because I would be spending some serious cash on these....they look good.

SupraVu

First Name
Vu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A truck, SUV. another SUV, and a sedan
Not feeling these even though I had their XBs on the '17. Ford did a great job with the '21+ LEDs and DRLs combined with the LED fogs

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Not feeling these even though I had their XBs on the '17. Ford did a great job with the '21+ LEDs and DRLs combined with the LED fogs
Those 18-20 LED headlights were hideous. I preferred my 18 STX over every other trim, with respect to exterior aesthetics. The 15-17 were great, but I think Ford knocked it out of the park with the overall design of the 21+, ESPECIALLY the headlamps

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
well, just ordered a set of headlights, tails and 3rd brake light. Late Jan or early Feb

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
At the current price point, definitely interested in the Morimoto tails over OEM's. They are the first decent looking set that is compatible with the BLISS modules. Curious if DD has any plans on releasing tails for the 14th gen or not.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
Just speaking for the bending self adjusting LED headlights, they really think I am going to spend $2,155 to remove my factory LED headlights and lose the glare free option and bending feature the factory headlights offer, are they serious??

" GAME CHANGER: The game has just changed, again. If you've got a 2021+ F150 and you paid extra for the OEM LED headlights, well... hind sight hurts doesn't it? If you're thinking about buying one, the Morimoto XB LED headlights for the 2021+ Ford F150 should be the first thing on your wish list."

No where does it mention that they match the features on the stock headlights, seems like it'd be quite the downgrade.

Disclaimer before I get attacked: I am only referring to the top trim level headlights, for anything with out glare free or bending, these morimotos do look great.

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Just speaking for the bending self adjusting LED headlights, they really think I am going to spend $2,155 to remove my factory LED headlights and lose the glare free option and bending feature the factory headlights offer, are they serious??

" GAME CHANGER: The game has just changed, again. If you've got a 2021+ F150 and you paid extra for the OEM LED headlights, well... hind sight hurts doesn't it? If you're thinking about buying one, the Morimoto XB LED headlights for the 2021+ Ford F150 should be the first thing on your wish list."

No where does it mention that they match the features on the stock headlights, seems like it'd be quite the downgrade.

Disclaimer before I get attacked: I am only referring to the top trim level headlights, for anything with out glare free or bending, these morimotos do look great.
I for one would not even consider going with aftermarket headlights if mine had OEM LED projectors as in the Lariat and higher trim levels. Very few aftermarket setups can match what OEM offers as far as functionality like beam forming etc. Even the bi-LED lamps are more than sufficient for my needs so it's a hard sell. The only reason I would consider dropping that kind of money for headlights is if I had stock halogens and wanted LED's instead and didn't want to be THAT guy that put drop in LED bulbs in it and proceeded to blind everyone in front of me.

Just my $.02.

Big Cam

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402a
Occupation
Support Engineer
I for one would not even consider going with aftermarket headlights if mine had OEM LED projectors as in the Lariat and higher trim levels. Very few aftermarket setups can match what OEM offers as far as functionality like beam forming etc. Even the bi-LED lamps are more than sufficient for my needs so it's a hard sell. The only reason I would consider dropping that kind of money for headlights is if I had stock halogens and wanted LED's instead and didn't want to be THAT guy that put drop in LED bulbs in it and proceeded to blind everyone in front of me.

Just my $.02.
I totally agree and wanted to make sure I got that point across so people didn't think I was ripping on these headlights. They look amazing, and it looks like you can change the DRL color maybe?

A killer upgrade to halogens, but it boggles my mind that Morimoto is dogging on the stock LED projector headlights when they have more/better features than theirs.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Just standard marketing. Not everyone will think the same way about stock OEM lights and may be more interested in how they look than function and will plunk down 2K for them and be happy.

Morimoto makes some amazing stuff and their optics are about as good as it gets.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Any updates on the taillights? i am seeing ship in April. I have a Lariat but my taillights were smashed due to someone hitting my truck in the parking lot of Disney World.

Definteily a lot cheaper than the factory replacement!

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yes April still
Sponsored