Sponsored

Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Maybe your tail lights the reverse lights are at the bottom, but on others xlt and higher they are in the middle. Here is a picture of my stock oe lights.

IMG_4659.jpeg
I would be less annoyed with lights looking like that.

OEM LED tails have way too much white.
Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 12
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Wow the reverse lights are anemic. In the daylight, factory appears about 3x brighter. Going to leave 1 each in so once the sun sets everyone can see the difference. I'll use the SLR w/ fixed settings so as to remove any auto exposure / light compensation so folks can see precisely what to expect. It appears that on at least one light they got sloppy with the glue giving it somewhat of an appearance like someone was sloppy with car wax. Of course it has an obligatory "QC PASS" sticker on it.

03 svtvenom

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost XLT
Wow the reverse lights are anemic. In the daylight, factory appears about 3x brighter. Going to leave 1 each in so once the sun sets everyone can see the difference. I'll use the SLR w/ fixed settings so as to remove any auto exposure / light compensation so folks can see precisely what to expect. It appears that on at least one light they got sloppy with the glue giving it somewhat of an appearance like someone was sloppy with car wax. Of course it has an obligatory "QC PASS" sticker on it.
Ok I didn’t think it was all in my head. That’s one thing that Ford actually did right on the stock lights. Also I had some white junk on my drivers side light too that look like wax that wiped off with my finger. I went through the touchless car wash yesterday and the drivers side light fogged up but it went away in about 20 minutes.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A vs B -- Yuuge difference! Sure glad I never bit the tremor LED units, though these are not w/ out issue. Still look better though. (have I mentioned how dumb that stupid radar nonsense is? not sure if I've mentioned it enough. Why oh why did they have to show us it was designed in asia? It's not too late moriomotor, put the mold back into the mill and remove that crap)

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1684436733033

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1684436793669

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1684437011203

Poor QC or designed that way??
Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1684436855267

The sloppy glue (hard to picture)

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 1684437145192

Last edited:

Nate713

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Am I the only one that got a taillight that is faded around the top on the halo with the smoked version?

Ford F-150 Morimoto releases tail lamps, headlamps and grille! 80B753AC-8349-431D-B397-F63D7DFF9F8A

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Yea I'd ask for a replacement.
Tonight I won't drink beer all afternoon, and get night shots lol

The bottom of them don't fit as good as OEM. But that bliss I'm sure is for the trucks that have it.
The kit comes with both harnesses, BLIS and Halogen non

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yea I'd ask for a replacement.
Tonight I won't drink beer all afternoon, and get night shots lol

The bottom of them don't fit as good as OEM. But that bliss I'm sure is for the trucks that have it.
The kit comes with both harnesses, BLIS and Halogen non
Bliss units fit but the internal wiring is very poorly done. When trying to put the unit back together w/ the bliss, the wires keep trying to get in front of the radar unit. Rather unimpressed -- and I've manufactured products for 2 decades.

Sponsored

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Am I the only one that got a taillight that is faded around the top on the halo with the smoked version?

80B753AC-8349-431D-B397-F63D7DFF9F8A.jpeg
If they are failing already I hate to see what the future holds. If I was on the fence to buy these now it would be a big NO, Quality seems to lack.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Same, I work for a manufacturer for 3.5 decades.

While it's not perfect by all means, assume they wanted to pay for one tooling that fits more units, than having two totally different units.
But agree, but I did t have to move Blis

Nate713

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
If they are failing already I hate to see what the future holds. If I was on the fence to buy these now it would be a big NO, Quality seems to lack.
Not gonna lie I’m regretting getting these I think maybe the red version instead of the smoked version should’ve been the way to go. I had seen someone else mention that it’s only like that in direct sunlight which is true I guess since at night time the top part is lit up and looks amazing. Posted a video on YouTube about it.

03 svtvenom

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost XLT
Not gonna lie I’m regretting getting these I think maybe the red version instead of the smoked version should’ve been the way to go. I had seen someone else mention that it’s only like that in direct sunlight which is true I guess since at night time the top part is lit up and looks amazing. Posted a video on YouTube about it.
The red version is crazy bright even in direct sunlight.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Whose gonna be first?!
Not me. Thats a lot of cash to replace perfectly good lights. Dont see the point.

I can get a tune and muffler for less than that, and have much more fun.
Sponsored