• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
Soon...

Edit:
I'm curious what the "base" XL version will look like and offer, but I'm good at a nicely optioned XLT Sport equivalent. I've had higher trims, but that one was the sweet spot for me.

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
So many features are highlighted on the Ford site so definitely want to know what comes standard. If the only differentiators between the XLT, Lariat and Premium are what's included on the Ford site (trim, wheels and technology packs) then the base level models will be great deals. I like a little more comfort so I am leaning towards a Lariat...but will wait for pricing.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well according to Car and Driver the XLT doesn't get the light bar on the tailgate, heated seats optional with no Blues Clues available. Their price supposedly is $55K, for $59K you get a base Lariat. I think Ill do that.

Bgexpress

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land cruiser, M3
Occupation
Development
I really hope the base model can be ordered with the extended range and larger batteries. I’ll add leather, change my wheels and swap the grill down the road.

Sponsored

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
Well according to Car and Driver the XLT doesn't get the light bar on the tailgate, heated seats optional with no Blues Clues available. Their price supposedly is $55K, for $59K you get a base Lariat. I think Ill do that.
What? No Blues Clues???? I'm out!

Ford F-150 Lightning More F-150 Lightning Info Coming May 24th, Including Look at Base Model giphy - 2021-05-20T181610.645

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Does anyone think this base trim (it's going to be called XL, I just know it) will have steel wheels like the gas F-150?

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
So many features are highlighted on the Ford site so definitely want to know what comes standard. If the only differentiators between the XLT, Lariat and Premium are what's included on the Ford site (trim, wheels and technology packs) then the base level models will be great deals. I like a little more comfort so I am leaning towards a Lariat...but will wait for pricing.
Lariat is my guess at this point too.

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Lariat is my guess at this point too.
After listening to the TFL Truck interview with a Lightning engineer it seems as if Platinum may be the way to go. I believe they said that the Platinum will only come with the extended range battery and other options I am interested in. So a Lariat+options will likely be close to the Platinum price. As long as there is an option for smaller tires then it will be tough choice.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
After listening to the TFL Truck interview with a Lightning engineer it seems as if Platinum may be the way to go. I believe they said that the Platinum will only come with the extended range battery and other options I am interested in. So a Lariat+options will likely be close to the Platinum price. As long as there is an option for smaller tires then it will be tough choice.
Yea this sounds right and I am thinking the same. I am not going to pay 90k tho so I hope whatever gets it up to that price point isn't really something I needed/want lol. Hopefully the "base" platinum will have what I need.

TXLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Can you link to this interview? Thanks
Sponsored