First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Seems like an old problem for Ford still exists. About a month ago, I'd close the door when I got in and I would hear a vibration type flutter noise from the roof area. Opened up the interior roof and there is an accordion type side buffer of sort that moves up and down with the tilt of the glass. It slipped off the track. I'm like, OK, when I get to it, I'll dab a bit of silicone in it and report it to the dealer when I go for my first service. Well, never got to that point yet and a week ago it did it again. Still haven't had the chance to dab some silicone. Figured I'd wait to see if it were a fluke.

Well yesterday, while waiting for wife to come out of the general store, I decided to open the interior roof to see if it was off the track again.

BUT! This time interior roof would not slide back. I can hear outside roof glass move up and down but once up, no down. Argh. After trying it several times, it finally started working. So next week off to the shop.

I did some research and found that Ford has had these problems a lot of their vehicles. Not just new ones but some as far back as 2017. This really frustrates me because we had a problem with my wife's '17 Escape with water in the oil and Ford knew about that for years but never effing fixed it.

I bought this off the lot loaded and I am not a sunroof/moonroof guy. If I ordered it, I would have not gotten that feature. I rarely, if ever use it.

Last thing I need is it to start leaking or something and finding out the hard way. The little accordion thing is an easy fix but motor and jamming issues? Argh!
Anyone else have this jamming issue?
Sponsored

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
It goes back farther than 2017 trust me. Lucky so far with this one.

OP
OP
BHunted1

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Nobody has experienced this yet with their 2021? Hmmmm...
Sponsored