Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
It’s a Canadian truck if that matters.
No. it doesn't. Many Of our friends to the North have successfully used the mongoose.
Sponsored

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Yes it is listed. I have a feeling it's the truck.

Has anyone encountered a truck that wont connect?
I’ve never heard of anyone having trouble connecting because of something wrong with the truck. Nor do I think it likely in your case. If I read you correctly, you said you had one cable with which you were able to connect using FORScan. If the truck, itself, had a communication problem I doubt anything would work.

I have only three additional thoughts. First, when you plug the Mongoose into the OBDII port on your truck, what color is the left LED? If it’s solid red, you have a firmware problem and only OPUS can fix it. Second, if it’s something other than solid red (green, blinking or solid) try replacing the USB cable. The stock one has thumb screws to hold it on but you don’t need them to test another cable. The Mongoose uses a standard USB-B port and any USB-B male to USB-A male cable ought to work fine for testing (and probably programming if you’re careful not to pull on it). Third, if neither of these works, only thing left is to try to reinstall the drivers. Completely uninstall the existing drivers, then rerun the application setup without the Mongoose connected. Connect the Mongoose to the PC then to the truck when prompted.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Wonder how that resolved?

OP
OP
MichF150

MichF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Wonder how that resolved?
It was not resolved. Dealer loaded new update a couple months ago. They might have replaced the gateway but I’m not sure. It was in for blue cruise camera and modules as well.

Haven’t tried again. Returned the cable.

Brasus

First Name
Guto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
It was not resolved. Dealer loaded new update a couple months ago. They might have replaced the gateway but I’m not sure. It was in for blue cruise camera and modules as well.

Haven’t tried again. Returned the cable.
I ran into the same issue, and my solution was to download the correct driver for my Mongoose device. Instead of using the MG Ford 2 Plus drive, I downloaded and tried GMS3 drive. Once the correct driver was installed, I was able to proceed.
Sponsored