Mods: delete thread before I might offend someone

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Does anyone know if there is a correlation of ordering from a small town dealer vs a big city dealer near a rail yard? I’m in Louisville, KY which has two large Ford plants (both non F150) not sure if that helps or not. Haha I’m only two weeks into to my order so I have nothing at this point.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Is there an explanation of the priority codes listed anywhere? I'm curious as to how that works. My original Order Summary had a Priority Code of 19 listed, but that was printed before it was submitted to the order bank. Does the Priority Code show up anywhere on the outer edge of the window sticker? I'm curious to see if there is a correlation between my order code and how long it actually took.
Same here, I am a 19 but had a Vin 2 weeks later after ordering on April 14th and Scheduled for week of May 24th. I cant check if I have been pushed back or not because of You Tubers but the OP is not the only one who moved pretty quick.

Sgtslaughter

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch
Same here, I am a 19 but had a Vin 2 weeks later after ordering on April 14th and Scheduled for week of May 24th. I cant check if I have been pushed back or not because of You Tubers but the OP is not the only one who moved pretty quick.
You can get that same info from your dealer.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
My truck was also scheduled to be built 4 weeks after I ordered. This is normal if your dealer has enough allocation and few orders. However I'm not too excited given:

1. The build date could be pushed back at any time, e.g. with the rumoured upcoming 2 week Dearborn assembly line closure (to catch up on finishing the parked trucks).

2. once it's built it could be waiting on Ramp 59 for 3 months...

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
I'm at 237 days, I am happy for you, that your build is going like they all should!
I hope your truck is a great ride!
I am pissed at ford and my dealer!!! I'm not saying it's their fault, but they could communicate!

Sorry for the rant, beer hasn't kicked in yet!
Dude!....!, ....!,. ....!, 237 days is absurd. I can't even imagine. I felt blessed to get a VIN in two weeks and build date in 2 months. Then thought maybe I'd be the lucky week and my truck would show up.... And maybe it will.... Im still on the waiting game.. some in my build week have already gotten trucks Or have them on the way, many seem to have been pushed for ETAs in August...
My ETA is still technically 5 days out but I don't believe ETAs as nothings showing released, shipped etc... And my dealer said he hasn't gotten any ordered trucks in nearly 2 months and has no reason to expect mine.
But if I was THAT far in to a truck order that's going to already be a model year older I don't even know.
That's shameful and wrong on Ford. I'm just saying, yesh.... I DO want my truck NOW, same as the next guy Lol... but folks that ordered six or eight months ago should have and should now be prioritized...
I have been frustrated watching some trucks in my area show up that I Know were ordered after mine..... But that has no comparison to somebody that custom ordered several months or half a year before and watching everyone else's trucks still keep showing up....
The mind is boggled with FORD prioritization

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tjbev13

Tjbev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT 302A, 3.5EB, Max Tow, FX4
Occupation
Turner of wrenches
My understanding is the priority code only tells the order guys how important it is to the dealer. At that point, it is allocations and features that control the scheduling at the plant.
From what I understand that is the case. Large volume dealers are able to get higher priority for orders as well as the ability to sell the truck at or under invoice and just rely on hold back money often.

I found a great dealer and they are taking care of me, I would bet most guys that are waiting so long got screwed by the dealer early on. They didnt anticipate this chip shortage and put their custom order truck in as a super low priority while keeping their retail stock order prioirty high so they can get trucks on the lot. Then the chip shortage hit and well....

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I found a great dealer and they are taking care of me, I would bet most guys that are waiting so long got screwed by the dealer early on. They didnt anticipate this chip shortage and put their custom order truck in as a super low priority while keeping their retail stock order prioirty high so they can get trucks on the lot. Then the chip shortage hit and well.
Customer orders get priority over dealer stock orders. Retail (customer) orders have priorities between 10-19, stock orders are 20-80. What likely happened for smaller dealers is that they put in a ton of stock orders and used up their allocation on them over retail/customer orders. When they got their custom order entered, they had no more build slots left, so the order just sits there.

Williamsrm

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 platinum
I'm at 237 days, I am happy for you, that your build is going like they all should!
I hope your truck is a great ride!
I am pissed at ford and my dealer!!! I'm not saying it's their fault, but they could communicate!

Sorry for the rant, beer hasn't kicked in yet!
Wow- I thought I had a long wait 188 days now-
The frustration is you can’t get any updates from Ford. What a pathetic way to treat a customer!

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
Wow- I thought I had a long wait 188 days now-
The frustration is you can’t get any updates from Ford. What a pathetic way to treat a customer!
What you said about updates is huge!
Couple times I asked pioneer for an update, I didn't always get good news but at least it was something and he had no agenda, just displayed the progress of your truck.

Sponsored

JDMan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ford outsourcing to Asian companies and can't even build an American vehicle. Hilarious. Might as well call it a Honda at this point.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Does anyone know if there is a correlation of ordering from a small town dealer vs a big city dealer near a rail yard? I’m in Louisville, KY which has two large Ford plants (both non F150) not sure if that helps or not. Haha I’m only two weeks into to my order so I have nothing at this point.
I was wondering the same - I ordered from a fairly small dealer and am getting a great turnaround time (Assuming they meet their current dates). I was wondering if going to a big dealer actually may slow you down due to the higher possibility of them being at their quota all the time for custom orders and having stuff get delayed.

For what it's worth, it seems like they may finally be getting their scheduling right, it seems anyone who ordered December to March got screwed, and now the newer orders seem to be moving along as expected. I feel for you guys, I would have canceled long ago.

My dates are as follows as of now:

Ordered: 4/13 (Confirmed 4/16)
Est Build Date: 5/19 (We'll see if this holds true)
ETA to Dealer: 6/14
Sponsored