Modifying Power running boards for 2021 2022 Platinum F150

Jeff1024

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Yup, when I picked up my ‘22 Platinum back in late June…I too noticed immediately how much higher the 22’s powerboards were when deployed. However, I too have quickly gotten used to them, and I do have to say that the new poweboards on the 21’s and 22’s, are much nicer looking and are thicker/heftier in their girth and thickness..a much more premium and quality looking set up In my opinion than in the previous generation(my ‘19 KR).

So for me I am happier with them overall, even though they deploy much higher than before.
I agree the new boards do look and feel much beefier as compared to the old. I like that they run the full length of the bed also.

I have also used the kick switch to deploy them so I guess I cant complain about them too much, but if only they were a bit lower to the ground :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 150 Antimatter Platinum FX4
One last thing here ! Anyone else notice the pics online, Only found one pic or the rear of 2023 Platinum AND it looks like they have dropped the pretty Stainless panel on the tailgate !
Man they keep dropping stuff here and there that you get used to seeing in a high end trucks...Especially on the Lariats which now dont have ratchet headrests or led in the glovebox and cup holders and tag. The AC vents could be a bit more decorative too.

OP
OP

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One last thing here ! Anyone else notice the pics online, Only found one pic or the rear of 2023 Platinum AND it looks like they have dropped the pretty Stainless panel on the tailgate !
Man they keep dropping stuff here and there that you get used to seeing in a high end trucks...Especially on the Lariats which now dont have ratchet headrests or led in the glovebox and cup holders and tag. The AC vents could be a bit more decorative too.
Reply to my own post hahaha I see on the new build site now that the stainless plackard on the tailgate is back in the pictures so Yeaaah. Man they sure do struggle with doing anything right with that site.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my 22 they seem to drop 5 or 6 inches, i have not put a tape on them yet
i just would like them to only deploy on the side you open the door vice both dropping
i really like the extended length to gain better access to the bed

wax and sticker (2).jpg

wheel liners splash guards (1).jpg

20220423_145153.jpg

OP
OP

MikeA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
my 22 they seem to drop 5 or 6 inches, i have not put a tape on them yet
i just would like them to only deploy on the side you open the door vice both dropping
i really like the extended length to gain better access to the bed

wax and sticker (2).jpg

wheel liners splash guards (1).jpg

20220423_145153.jpg
Oh wow I didnt know they both opened at once. Bad design. Another reason I like the Amp boards better. Also just an FYI Not sure about the factory boards but the Amp boards are adjustable and could be slid rearward. It would likely look funny though.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Oh wow I didnt know they both opened at once. Bad design. Another reason I like the Amp boards better. Also just an FYI Not sure about the factory boards but the Amp boards are adjustable and could be slid rearward. It would likely look funny though.
my 2016 expedition they opened independent of each other,
not sure why they changed the mode of operation

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
Has anybody made any progress on this? I’d love to have my boards extend lower. There’s gotta be a way… this is one of very few features that I do not like.

Obviously AMPs is an option, but an expensive one that is. Plus, selling OEM would be hard like you guys mentioned.

-DK

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You could use the Super Duty Brackets. They would get you lower for sure.

mdn14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat PB SCREW
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Someone mentioned there are forscan options available. Is there a setting to lower just the side where the door is being opened instead of both?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Someone mentioned there are forscan options available. Is there a setting to lower just the side where the door is being opened instead of both?
No. Kick switch will do this but nothing you can do for one side or another. Funny I believe thats how they used to behave in the older controller.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
You could use the Super Duty Brackets. They would get you lower for sure.
Yup, but almost too low if you have a stock F150 with no suspension work and/or bigger tires. What you really want, like others have said, is the 15-20 power boards as those are just about perfect. They go lower than the new 21+ plus boards, but not as low as the super duty brackets since those trucks are already higher to begin with. Plus the 15-20 boards tuck up under the cab by far the best if that's what you're after. The 21+ boards don't look very good at all IMO folded up compare to the older styles but that is just me, blocky and out of place, but you do get the kick switch and longer. You could go AMP, but those as pretty much identical to the super duty boards and brackets, so will be just as low as those oem boards. I'm on the hunt now for some 15-20 boards since I love my super duty boards, but they go a tad too low for my liking. I'll try to upload some pics of mine since I just threw the stock wheels and tires back on so it'll give you a good idea of how low they are on a leveled 21 F150.
Sponsored