Sponsored

Mishimoto Oil Catch Can Kit Fitment Issues

grayscale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cars
Hi all,
So I purchased model #MIMMMBCC-F35T-17SBE (https://www.mishimoto.com/ford-f-150-35-ecoboost-catch-can-kit-2017.html) for my 2022 F150 3.5L EB and I am having two main issues and was hoping someone could shed some light on them possibly. (I have a ticket to Mishi support out but that's not gotten a response yet)

The first issue is the 90 deg. connector for the passenger side intake is too short and so it will not lay flat to route to the back (see attached)

The second issue is it wants you to move the CCV sensor from the driver side from the OE hose to the catch can house; however, mine doesn't seem to have any sensor on that hose (see attached)

anyone install one of these and see these issues and come up with a solution? Seems weird they would advertise this as compatible and is clearly not the case, (with a 2022 anyway)

Ford F-150 Mishimoto Oil Catch Can Kit Fitment Issues IMG_5743

Ford F-150 Mishimoto Oil Catch Can Kit Fitment Issues IMG_5744
Sponsored

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
Never received any feedback.?

OP
OP

grayscale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cars
The kind folks at stage4 were able to get me a RMA for this product. Mishi had sent me hoses for older f150s to try and solve the problem but the catch can mounting brackets did not fit as intended and so mounting the smaller can was next to impossible without taking a lot apart of the truck so with all the issues I decided to pass on this product for this truck

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Sure wish I seen this before starting the install. They still have the same problems for 22's. Sounds like the same fix with older hose for driver side. Had no idea what I was talking about on the passenger side intake manifold fitting....
The mounting for the cans, Wow that was a bear.... I got it to fit mostly. Would not call it perfect or without bloody knuckles.
Hey Amazon..... Return.

Has anyone tried ADD W1 dual can setup? Was looking for a dual can style.

https://www.addw1.com/collections/o...-baffled-oil-catch-can-kit-v3-2021-up-pcv-ccv
Sponsored