Michelin vs Goodyear Wrangler (OEM)

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Just found out that my 2021 XTR arrived at the dealership with Michelin Tires but really wanted the Goodyear Wranglers. I just prefer the look of the white lettering on the Goodyear’s, no other reason.

I got the idea(from currybob) of asking the dealer to swap them for me but from the info I found online, the Michelin’s will suit me better on Canadian winter road conditions.

My current 2018 F150 has the Goodyear’s so I already know how they perform. I don’t really care too much about noise or fuel efficiency being affected with the swap but safety is the main concern as my wife and child will be in there more often than me.

Focusing on safety, would the swap be a good or bad idea?? Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
Sponsored

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
Personally, I've preferred the Michelins on my previous trucks. I'm not wild ab out the current pirellis. They're ok, but I prefer either the Goodyear or Michellins to them.

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just found out that my 2021 XTR arrived at the dealership with Michelin Tires but really wanted the Goodyear Wranglers. I just prefer the look of the white lettering on the Goodyear’s, no other reason.

I got the idea(from currybob) of asking the dealer to swap them for me but from the info I found online, the Michelin’s will suit me better on Canadian winter road conditions.

My current 2018 F150 has the Goodyear’s so I already know how they perform. I don’t really care too much about noise or fuel efficiency being affected with the swap but safety is the main concern as my wife and child will be in there more often than me.

Focusing on safety, would the swap be a good or bad idea?? Thanks in advance for all suggestions.
Michelin all the way!

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Another vote for Michelins. Just sold and swapped my Pirelli's out for a new set of Michelin Defender LTX.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I love the outside white lettering look, but I would take Michelin’s any day over the Goodyear Wranglers my truck came with. Good look tire, but I will likely look for a set of Michelin’s when it ones time to change them out.

Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The last thing that I care about is white lettering, in fact, I generally have new tires mounted with the white lettering to the inside. I will likely end up with the 20" Hankook tires, which will do until they are worn.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Can’t go wrong with Michelin, they invented the radial tire.

I will generally go with Michelin, Continental, Yokohama and Goodyear for my cars/trucks in that order. I don’t put many miles a year on my vehicles, so it is important that I get a good shelf life on my tires and I have seen Michelin tires last longer without visual indication of age. I would really like to be able to swap out low mileage tires just because they are old but I have also purchased cars with brand new Chicom brand tires that have self-destructed at low highway speed.

For motorcycles, I will either get Michelin, Continental or Dunlop depending on who the OEM for the bike was or what people have been having good luck with.

For my bicycles, I like Continental and Michelin, or Kenda if they’re a size that’s no longer available in the first two. Since even though Kenda is a decent brand, I have had problems with defective ones.

I was a little leery of the General Grabbers that my truck came with, despite having friends who like the brand. However, I feel better about them after a little research and finding out that General Tire has been owned by Continental since 1987. I did find a well reviewed Michelin alternative that has a higher weight rating, higher PSI and weighs 7lbs less per tire but I won’t be getting them until the Generals wear out or get cut/punctured.

Also, you have to love Michelin’s trippy vintage Art Nouveau advertisements featuring Bibendum!

Ford F-150 Michelin vs Goodyear Wrangler (OEM) 28C2DB93-0B14-435F-9B66-4A36088CD6F7

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
If anyone has any doubts about the Michelin Defender LTX M/S, they should read this review...

https://tiredeets.com/michelin-defender-ltx-m-s-review/

Disclosure: I have no link to Michelin in any form, other than as a satisfied customer. I have used them for many years on various vehicles with excellent results in all cases. I installed these tires on my truck and I have seen a big improvement over OEM.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
If anyone has any doubts about the Michelin Defender LTX M/S, they should read this review...

https://tiredeets.com/michelin-defender-ltx-m-s-review/

Disclosure: I have no link to Michelin in any form, other than as a satisfied customer. I have used them for many years on various vehicles with excellent results in all cases. I installed these tires on my truck and I have seen a big improvement over OEM.
Im a Michelin guy too, and heard a great deal of good things about the Michelin Defenders as a truck tire. Does anyone know if they have a white letter version?

cogatti

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 King Ranch
Occupation
retired
"OLD SCHOOL"?....I don't think so "Skooter"......my Pirelli Scorpian's look absolutely "AWESOME" with their OWL......you better get with it!!!!!!!

Sponsored

cogatti

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 King Ranch
Occupation
retired
Another vote for Michelins. Just sold and swapped my Pirelli's out for a new set of Michelin Defender LTX.
No for Hankook.....I had them taken off and sold, which I had trouble selling for sure....Michelin, great tire, I had them on my last King Ranch, but they cannot beat the Pirelli "Scorpian" I had on the original tire for my 2010 King Ranch...I got 70,000 ,iles on those tires....so, I had them installed on my new Platinum......."Awesome" look with OWL.....period!

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Yes I like my black wall Hankook tires also, nice change from the white letter, but I do like my old school chrome:giggle:. Did not know these tires
Ford F-150 Michelin vs Goodyear Wrangler (OEM) thumbnail_20210418_110127_resized
are made in Korea :cautious:
Sponsored