Maybe a dumb question about windshield replacement

COG099

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4 Powerboost
My 2021 F150 King Ranch Powerboost is in need of a new windshield. I have never had a windshield chip as easily as this F150. Besides the large crack that has developed I have over a dozen small chips. Not sure about glass options but all I seem to find is OEM and Safelite.

Anyone have any feedback on quality of OEM vs Safelite and also do all F150 have the Soundscreen glass or only certain trims? Do the Platinum or Limited windshields have any better sound deadening than the King Ranch Soundscreen?

I will be payong out pocket most likely since it's not worth it to me to use my Large Accident Forgiveness(>$500) on a windhshield. Windshield and clear tint + eyebrow tint I am guessing will be about $1k.
Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,2009 370Z
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
I had mine done at Safelite they screwed up the 1st try and put in some knock off brand so walked back in and told them what they did waited another 3 weeks for Ford OEM SoundScreen option than added eyebrow tint limo try to keep the hot a$$ Texas sun out also tinted the back with limo makes a difference.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Soundscreen is on Lariat+ trucks. Aftermarket is not likely to be a Soundscrenn equivalent. If the aftermarket manufacturer isn't the OEM manufacturer, look for defects and distortion in the glass before they start work.

Rjschatts

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PowerBoost, 2020 Ford Edge ST
Occupation
Manufacturing
My 23 Xlt sport has sound screen stock, it’s a PowerBoost if that’s the reason it on there?

Wes1963

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
My 21 XLT has a SoundScreen. I think that’s the standard windshield regardless of trim level.

Sponsored

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
I replaced mine with OEM from a local shop (wanted to keep the Ford logo and Sound screen). Took a few days to order and they replaced it in my driveway. Don't forget about calibrating all the tech after the install. Since you're paying out of pocket, that might be an additional cost.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
FWIW ....

Over many years with several (4?) windshield replacements on Ford and Honda vehicles I've always used SafeLite, always specified exact-match genuine original manufacturer windshields, SafeLite always accommodated that, and my insurance (State Farm Texas) has always paid the increased price for that glass.

Oh, and always installation at the SafeLite shop, never mobile.

100% satisfactory results. ;)

Popplemer

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'87 F250 460 5 Speed 2021 F150 2.7L
I just had safelite do mine yesterday with oem glass. Time will tell how it is. Haven't driven it yet.

Lou2538

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
retired
My 2021 F150 King Ranch Powerboost is in need of a new windshield. I have never had a windshield chip as easily as this F150. Besides the large crack that has developed I have over a dozen small chips. Not sure about glass options but all I seem to find is OEM and Safelite.

Anyone have any feedback on quality of OEM vs Safelite and also do all F150 have the Soundscreen glass or only certain trims? Do the Platinum or Limited windshields have any better sound deadening than the King Ranch Soundscreen?

I will be payong out pocket most likely since it's not worth it to me to use my Large Accident Forgiveness(>$500) on a windhshield. Windshield and clear tint + eyebrow tint I am guessing will be about $1k.
Ford F-150 Maybe a dumb question about windshield replacement SoundScreen-Logo-300x48

SoundScreen® acoustic windshields and doors are specifically engineered performance parts installed in nearly all Ford and Lincoln models – canceling noise surrounding your vehicle and improving your overall experience within your vehicle.

These factory installed auto glass or original equipment parts reduce road, wind and other exterior noise to maintain the original quiet ride of your vehicle.

When replacing your broken windshield or door glass, don’t sacrifice performance or comfort! Maintain the ride you’ve come to expect with SoundScreen acoustic glass… it’s quietly exceeding expectations!

I found this

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
The concern I have with windshield replacement is the camera system and review mirror being damaged. I've never done a full replacement only rock chips on my last truck.

Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I got a chip this eve.

Can they not be repaired?

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Thanks. I'll call around Mon. morn.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17hondaCRV, 22lightningXLT312Aicedbluesilver
Occupation
retarded
The auto glass shop tried to fill a 1 inch crack caused by a chip from a rock hit, but there was more glare from sunlight from that spot in my line of sight so the windshield was replaced.

State Farm paid for Ford OEM glass which includes some sort of camera calibration.
Ford F-150 Maybe a dumb question about windshield replacement IMG_20231121_142512527 Invoice Tri County Auto Glass new windhshield crop edit

Last edited:

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
I had my windshield replaced a few weeks ago. $1700 with programming. OEM glass.

State Farm would not replace with OEM glass. The trick is to pay out of pocket for the repair, then submit it for reimbursement. Helps to have a glass guy that knows the game with SF.
Sponsored

Last edited: