Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
PB Lariat 502a

Ordered 12/10
Built 3/15
ETA 7/30

Happy for everyone who is getting their truck. Sad for the rest of us.
It's really frustrating that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to these ETA's now.
Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
Has anyone actually received their truck in May? I ordered 1/13, in production 4/20 and ETA delivery is 5/22. Status hasn’t moved in a month and I’m contemplating waiting on a ‘22.

just checking to see if anyone has actually seen a new truck in the last few weeks!
Ordered i
Ordered 3/12, received at dealer on 5/7, drove it home last Thursday.
Ordered my F150 Lariat PB 1/15- Produced 3/17 ETA was 4/17 Has not been updated. I have seen at least 4 truck same model, options, color show up at local dealers in the last week. All are marked 2500-5k over MSRP. NONE are customer orders. I got the regional Ford rep on the phone and he basically said, yes customer orders are a priority but preferred dealers have been waiting for inventory. I think this is just a game for Ford to line the pockets of dealers for a month or two and finally deliver customer orders. I am about to become an ex Ford customer.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Where did you find the latest ETA- Mine currently show no ETA
That ETA is from the Ford tracker. It changed from 4/8 to TBD to 7/30 (this one appeared about 3 weeks ago). It seems like there is a pretty even split for my build week between people who got new ETAs ~3 months out and people whose ETAs just never updated (many of these are in the past now).

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
This actually makes me a little mad (not at you!). I ordered an almost identical truck (Lariat, 502A, PB, except in Lead Foot) on Feb 9, it was built 3/23 and has been sitting ever since....
I ordered a Lariat 502A, PB, in Lead Foot on Jan 15, was built 2/17 and has been sitting since. Ford rep told me it probably will not be delivered until July 1

Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
That ETA is from the Ford tracker. It changed from 4/8 to TBD to 7/30 (this one appeared about 3 weeks ago). It seems like there is a pretty even split for my build week between people who got new ETAs ~3 months out and people whose ETAs just never updated (many of these are in the past now).
My ETA is blank and has been since 4/17 when it was supposed to be delivered.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
PB Lariat 502a

Ordered 12/10
Built 3/15
ETA 7/30

Happy for everyone who is getting their truck. Sad for the rest of us.
@OCDoug,

I’m sorry that you have had to wait so long but maybe, just maybe, you’re luckier than you think -

I ordered mine on Jan 2nd and for months have been tracking to an ETA Date of tomorrow! So I called my Dealer on Friday afternoon to confirm delivery and to discuss arran After a few quiet minutes, he told me that my order had dropped off his tracking system. He had no information at all. Even a previous report of a camera chip delay was gone.

My truck is AWOL.
I had him check with their shipper but they had no record of my VIN. I asked if the order had been cancelled by Ford but he couldn’t tell me, except that he thought that Ford would have told him.

So stay positive. At least your order is still
... in the system!

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
@OCDoug,

I’m sorry that you have had to wait so long but maybe, just maybe, you’re luckier than you think -

I ordered mine on Jan 2nd and for months have been tracking to an ETA Date of tomorrow! So I called my Dealer on Friday afternoon to confirm delivery and to discuss arran After a few quiet minutes, he told me that my order had dropped off his tracking system. He had no information at all. Even a previous report of a camera chip delay was gone.

My truck is AWOL.
I had him check with their shipper but they had no record of my VIN. I asked if the order had been cancelled by Ford but he couldn’t tell me, except that he thought that Ford would have told him.

... in the system!
Oh man... Sorry to hear that @Madman . I can't imagine what I would do if I heard that... But who knows? With how much of a mess this has all been, maybe both of our trucks will show up unannounced at their respective dealerships tomorrow. I'm not counting on it but I'm certainly open to the possibility.

Whenever I get too annoyed, I remind myself that I'm not even getting the rawest deal so far. There's at bunch of people who ordered before me that also don't have their trucks. Doesn't take much of the sting out of it, but adds perspective I guess.

Good luck to you and everyone who hasn't gotten their truck yet. May the mess work out in our favor eventually.

Chewza

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 AMB Plat PB
FCUK THAT!

Go to another dealer and order another one just like it.

WTF... roll the dice. There's no rhyme or reason to what orders get filled and what orders don't.

Dealers offer fully refundable deposits knowing that if you back out, they'll sell it anyway. You have nothing to lose unless you already paid for it.

There are guys posting here driving new trucks they ordered mid March.

That's just obscene!
Oh I know it. But the one issue is the deal that I got them to agree to is pretty fantastic based on what trucks are selling for right now. MSRP of 75K, my deal is for a hair over 66K. I'm doubtful that another dealership will give me that same price in this current climate.

The fact that the internal order system the dealership has access to says that my truck was returned to the Dearborn Plant, and that the dealership has apparently never seen that before means we're all in uncharted territory.

I'm going to work with my CU today and get my loan for my Jeep Lease Purchase completed and then figure out my next steps.

Sponsored

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Not seeing any changes on the tracker here or on Ford.com but the palsapp finally showed something on point of origin, Wentzville, MO; IB/rail and destination my dealership, status still shows pending. I assume, wrong thing to do but I will anyway, IB/rail, In bound by rail. Wentzville, MO is north of here about 100 miles and my sticker always showed convoy which I thought was by truck. Don't want to get excited last time I did ETA shifted two weeks.

Last edited:

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
@OCDoug,

My truck is AWOL.

... in the system!
Wanna bet the dealer knows something they’re not telling? I’m camping at my dealer on the date it is scheduled to arrive. My deal is $5k below MSRP, and they could easily get $5k over right now, would love to have me release the order for general inventory. Careful out there.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Ordered i

Ordered my F150 Lariat PB 1/15- Produced 3/17 ETA was 4/17 Has not been updated. I have seen at least 4 truck same model, options, color show up at local dealers in the last week. All are marked 2500-5k over MSRP. NONE are customer orders. I got the regional Ford rep on the phone and he basically said, yes customer orders are a priority but preferred dealers have been waiting for inventory. I think this is just a game for Ford to line the pockets of dealers for a month or two and finally deliver customer orders. I am about to become an ex Ford customer.
How did you get the contact info for the regional rep? My salesman said that his GSM "had reached out but hadn't heard back" and it's now been over a week

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Wanna bet the dealer knows something they’re not telling? I’m camping at my dealer on the date it is scheduled to arrive. My deal is $5k below MSRP, and they could easily get $5k over right now, would love to have me release the order for general inventory. Careful out there.
That's the same deal I got....$5K under MSRP for a Lariat 501A... minus any rebates or PCOs....which doesn't look like there will be any of either. I had a $2K PCO that expired the end of March...but a lot of good that does me now :) .

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
This is what I am afraid about when my truck is delivered they will find a way to make me not want to take the deal knowing it’s $4k below invoice when they can sell it at MSRP plus Market Adjustment
Sponsored