First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
In building an order for a powerboost there is a $1880 difference between ordering the Max tow vs the Tow technology package. The Max tow is $1995 and the 360 camera package is $765. The Tow technolgy package is $880. I don't see much that Max tow adds to a 4x4 power boost as it doesn't use the 36 gal tank upgrade and the 3.73 locker with a 9.75 ring gear is already part of the powerboost package. Anybody have any input to as why you would order the max tow on the PB 4x4?
Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
In building an order for a powerboost there is a $1880 difference between ordering the Max tow vs the Tow technology package. The Max tow is $1995 and the 360 camera package is $765. The Tow technolgy package is $880. I don't see much that Max tow adds to a 4x4 power boost as it doesn't use the 36 gal tank upgrade and the 3.73 locker with a 9.75 ring gear is already part of the powerboost package. Anybody have any input to as why you would order the max tow on the PB 4x4?
Tow Mirrors?

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
I ordered a Lariat Powerboost back in November when the max tow was 1350. I think it has bigger brakes and a slightly upgraded rear bumper. The price increase is ridiculous.

Ford F-150 Max tow vs Tow tech package on Powerboost 4x4 sport D50153F3-3EC9-4416-9F67-97D118208030

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
I ordered a Lariat Powerboost back in November when the max tow was 1350. I think it has bigger brakes and a slightly upgraded rear bumper. The price increase is ridiculous.

D50153F3-3EC9-4416-9F67-97D118208030.jpeg
That would be my guess. I compared stickers on the rear axle GAWR for a Max tow vs Tow tech and they were both 4150 lbs. The tow guide shows a better tow weight capacity to I am thinking it must the the HD9.75 axle with the bigger brakes, but that is way too much money for a bit of a plus on the max two it doesn't include the 360 cameras, like tech tow does, thanks for the input.

Sponsored

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
FWIW, I went with max tow because I tow up and down inclines to get to the lake. I wanted piece of mind with the larger brakes. The road from our cabin to the boat ramp itself is about 5 miles of switch backs that is basically riding the brakes the entire time.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L

D50153F3-3EC9-4416-9F67-97D118208030.jpeg
Just a heads up, you are subject to the price increase. I ordered in September and my price went up.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
That truck is rated at 7,000 lbs on anything with a class IV hitch.

tow tech gets you tech only, still 7,000lbs

trailer tow gets you 11,000. You have to add the 360 cameras separate. You get a stabilizer bar that helps here. Can add tow mirrors if desired for $250

max tow gets you 12,400lbs, solid stabilizer bar like trailer tow, bigger brakes, reinforced bumper. Everything else is includes in the powerboost.

Best value is tow tech, if you need to tow over 7k go with trailer tow. Max tow is a steal on an ecoboost and a rip-off on a powerboost. You can’t get or already get most of the features With the powerboost.

Check the thread referenced above

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation

trailer tow gets you 11,000. You have to add the 360 cameras separate. You get a stabilizer bar that helps here. Can add tow mirrors if desired for $250

max tow gets you 12,400lbs, solid stabilizer bar like trailer tow, bigger brakes, reinforced bumper. Everything else is includes in the powerboost.

Best value is tow tech, if you need to tow over 7k go with trailer tow. Max tow is a steal on an ecoboost and a rip-off on a powerboost. You can’t get or already get most of the features With the powerboost.

Thanks boiler. I think trailer tow is included without having to add it to the config. When I pick the hybird option and then select the 4

Thanks Boiler for your input. When I select the 4x4 option after selecting the Hybrid power train, it says that trailer tow is also added with the 4x4 option. So does trailer tow still need to be added again? I thought trailer tow is included with the option of 4x4?

Sponsored

OP
OP

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Thanks boiler. I think trailer tow is included without having to add it to the config. When I pick the hybird option and then select the 4

Thanks Boiler for your input. When I select the 4x4 option after selecting the Hybrid power train, it says that trailer tow is also added with the 4x4 option. So does trailer tow still need to be added again? I thought trailer tow is included with the option of 4x4?
OK OK, I think I get it now that I have read all the comments and all the work that you have put together Boiler. I do need to remove my tow tech package and add the trailer tow option as all the tow tech stuff is in it. I thought it odd when I added the tow tech package and it reduced the overall cost of the unit. I will call my Fleet guy and have him change my order. That dealership has two PB's on their lot with tow tech package and I was told they had 11k tow capacity. I will have to show the sales manager the info from this forum with all your great work to straighten the shortcomings of the whole trailer tow fiasco order process. Thanks for your enlightenment.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
OK OK, I think I get it now that I have read all the comments and all the work that you have put together Boiler. I do need to remove my tow tech package and add the trailer tow option as all the tow tech stuff is in it. I thought it odd when I added the tow tech package and it reduced the overall cost of the unit. I will call my Fleet guy and have him change my order. That dealership has two PB's on their lot with tow tech package and I was told they had 11k tow capacity. I will have to show the sales manager the info from this forum with all your great work to straighten the shortcomings of the whole trailer tow fiasco order process. Thanks for your enlightenment.

I’m glad you got it figured out. Yes, it’s confusing even to the dealerships. I probably just made Ford a few hundred grand in these tow packages + 360 camera over tow tech. Maybe they will give me my truck for free now :)

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
Just a heads up, you are subject to the price increase. I ordered in September and my price went up.
Well that blows. I know I couldn't do that with my customers and keep them as customers.
" You know that contracted price I gave you - just kidding!"
Guess I'll have to see how my dealer handles it, to determine how I'll handle it.
This truck is a want, not a need. My 2015 XLT only has 29000 on it.
Sponsored