First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
I'm thinking Ford is making a big mistake in offering the max recline seats in only the more expensive models. IMO people who buy the XT, XLT and Lariet would be more likely to use this feature than most. I think these type seats would be use mainly for when people are traveling and instead of checking into a hotel for the nite, would prefer to catch a few zzzzzzzzzzzzz's at a rest stop and continue on their way. Thinking of a new Lariet very soon and I have to admit that Ford left a bad taste in my mouth by limiting this feature to King Ranch, Platinum and Limited. What do you guys and gals think. Thanks.
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
I said that exact same thing to the Fleet Manager at my local dealership who ordered my new truck.
He agreed.

I'm hoping Ford reconsiders after they get enough feedback about it, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was equally disappointed they discontinued the 'black out' option after just a short run.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Given that it is a late availability option, it is certainly possible that they can only make enough to fill their expected orders on KR, PLTN, and LTD. The seats moving down the line to the XLT and Lariat in 2022 would likely have to do with popularity in the high-line trucks. I certainly could see these being a 2022 addition.

I drove a 2020 KR with the active motion seats in it. The dealer rep said that was the one and only KR they have ever stocked with those seats, to his recollection. Despite this, they must have been a popular enough option for them to become standard across all high-line trucks.