Sponsored

Mar 10th order still in order processing....I'm done with Ford!

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
I ordered a Lariat a week ago. The dealer told me I could wait up to 8 months for delivery...but then said he wouldn't be surprised if it's here before the end of the year. Odd comment. I'm expecting the worst, hoping for the best.
sooooo let’s see pics of that 131 please!!!

here’s mine (only 114 for now LOL)

Ford F-150 Mar 10th order still in order processing....I'm done with Ford! 3A6AC1EB-FD2F-4421-9EA9-F5BC2BE7FB79
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Beautiful bike, love that color and the ghost 1.
output_image1632277191068.jpg
Ok not a motorcycle guy but that thing looks fast just sitting still :)

Very nice!!

OP
OP
BigPaulie

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
So sorry to hear. I shared your frustration. I had a 3/31 order and I just picked up last Monday. Best of luck looking for another truck
Thank you. Sorry but when you are willing to pay 3/4 of a years salary in cash, I'd expect better.

OP
OP
BigPaulie

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
P
Good luck with the RAM. I ordered just a few days later (3/15) and guess what? My truck was being built today. 2021 has been a tough year for all mfrs. and I haven't seen any of them sending 'sorry for the delay' letters. Yes the communication from Ford has been terrible this year, but this is the first time that I can remember where there have been so many shortages, and a critical supplier having a major fire, so I will cut them some slack.

Also, if you really told your dealer in the way you did, they're probably happy you've left - I would not appreciate being told to shove and order 'you know where.' They are also at the mercy of Ford and cannot do anything about your truck short of telling you the build week / date.
GMAFB! I was willing to pay 3/4 of a years salary in cash. Cut them some slack? After instead of catching up with delayed orders, they introduced the Bronco, Lightning and the Maverick. Slack? LOL! "Happy I left" ? Screw you!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
BigPaulie

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
I wasn't going to rock the boat since he was already upset enough, but since you brought attention to it: ?

1632234776474.png
1632234823583.png
Just frustrated man. I had plans for the summer. Things you can't do with a car.

OP
OP
BigPaulie

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
junk vs no junk?

OP
OP
BigPaulie

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
Not gonna defend my original post, but add to it. When I called looking for a truck pre chip fiasco, I was swamped with calls and texts etc. From dealers I never contacted. Ordered a truck, then crickets. I had to call every GD month for an update. Yet Ford pushed out Broncos, lightnings and Mavericks. Yet still not a "sorry man". I got better communication from the salesman I bought a new chainsaw from. Piss poor customer service from Ford. Oh but the salesman will have very good customer service when It comes to their comission. Ford still can piss off and you that see nothing wrong with this situation.

Last edited:

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
If it makes you feel better I ordered my Raptor in June and received it 3 months later.... they are doing some things right

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
Damn near 8 build dates have come and gone since I ordered my F150 on 10 Mar 21. Latest was 20 Sep 21. Still in order processing. But I see Ford is building Lightnings. WTF over? I called my dealer today to tell them to shove the truck "you know where". This lifelong Ford owner has thrown in the towel. No Mas!
I know your frustrated but it is not your dealership's fault. Ford the company is a complete cluster F*cK right now. I am dealing with the same thing in terms of retail orders not getting built...I have a Bronco Customer whose vehicle was supposed to be built first week of June, now it's scheduled for Middle of November.

Sponsored

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
All manufacturers are in the same boat. Some vehicles take a year to produce and some as little as 5 weeks. This is the new norm as manufacturers switch to an order based approach. Gone are the days of stocked lots…

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Were there any special options selected that resulted in these orders not being scheduled as everyone else’s? Just curious on the reasoning why.

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
I understand how you feel, three days shy of 10 months from order date to driving it off the lot!
Mine was built mid March, I drove it home mid July.
I won't say the wait was worth it but I'm sure glad I didn't walk away!
If you get a ram half as nice as my King Ranch, you will be happy.

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
Thank you. Sorry but when you are willing to pay 3/4 of a years salary in cash, I'd expect better.
I totally agree. I waited until recently, but my date cap was probably November and then I was gonna pull the plug.

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Just had my $3808.00 LG refrigerator shoot craps. 4 1/2 years old. LG advised repair not an option since compressor unit back ordered for 9 months. Substantial discount offered on new one from LG, but also back ordered to mid December. It is not just the auto industry, it is everywhere. So I wait using small beverage refrigerator in garage and a portable very small camping freezer. In the meantime the huge 32 cubic ft LG sits in the middle of my kitchen like a bad dream.
Sponsored