Sponsored

Mar 10th order still in order processing....I'm done with Ford!

TRACKTOY

First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT 2017
Occupation
RETIRED
hi
my wife reserve a BRONCO BAD LAND FULL IN JULLY 2020 she place an order 27 january 2021 in WBDO with priority code 10 we receive a communication from FORD they confirm the order= FIRST e mail from FORD GOOD .... SECOND eMAIL we receive from FORD OUR ORDER WAS DELAYED TO 2023 = BAD ......
But we are patient very patient....
Me i want order now a F150 2022 XLT FULL no built and price now.
we are patient very .....very
scuse my english i am french CANADIAN
TRACKTOY
Sponsored

TRACKTOY

First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT 2017
Occupation
RETIRED
Can you post a pic of the second email? I'd love to see it.
i will try i have to scan this e mail put in WORLD file and attach the file ouais trust me i have no my wife receive this second e mail..
TRACKTOY

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Ok not a motorcycle guy but that thing looks fast just sitting still :)

Very nice!!
Its a Harley so it likely isn't as fast as it looks lol. I have a Harley also, they are not speed machines. Air cooled motor isn't designed for high performance

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
If all you want is a truck the RAM might suit your needs. Personally I would say they have a reputation for lower quality, are not great on gas, and have only a fraction of the newest tech features that you can get in the Ford (no lane centering, adaptive cruise won't bring you to a full stop for example) . If you are looking for a stripped down V8 F150 it could be comparable. I would still opt for an F150 though because I like the fact that its aluminum so it won't rust but I guess that all depends on how long you keep a vehicle anyway. If you were hoping to get a Lariat or higher with an Ecoboost the RAM isn't really going to have similar features or fuel economy. If you plan on ordering a RAM you might be waiting just as long, the microchip shortage isn't just a Ford issue. Maybe you can find something on a lot (either F150 or RAM)

FXDR131

First Name
Paige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 XLT SC Sport - On Order - 2022 Lariat SC 4x4
Occupation
Business Owner
Its a Harley so it likely isn't as fast as it looks lol. I have a Harley also, they are not speed machines. Air cooled motor isn't designed for high performance
Dyno for my bike states 140Horsepower @5600RPM / 145 Torque @3600RPM. So it's plenty fast.....and it's 131 cubic inches / 2150cc.

Sponsored

Cmeduna

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Velocity Blue
Occupation
Design Engineer
If you're frustrated now, wait until you get into the joys of owning anything built under the Stellantis umbrella..... If I had the option of owning anything built by RAM or scooping my own eyes out with a spoon, I think I may actually consider the latter.

Galavanta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a 2021 F150 Limited (was going to be my first Ford) on December 30 2020, At the begining of August 2021 I gave up waiting and canceled the order.

mkinttrim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 4x4 501a
Occupation
retired
Depends what you ordered on it, well equipped Lariat, ordered 5/15 delivered to Alaska (30 days in transport) 9/10

Sadram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, BMW 135 I cab, Ford fiesta
Damn near 8 build dates have come and gone since I ordered my F150 on 10 Mar 21. Latest was 20 Sep 21. Still in order processing. But I see Ford is building Lightnings. WTF over? I called my dealer today to tell them to shove the truck "you know where". This lifelong Ford owner has thrown in the towel. No Mas!
Yeah, I get it……I ordered my f159 dec 23, 2020 and received it July 27, 2021. The problem now is every body is low on stock. I’m a snap on tool dealer and my dealerships, all brands, have nothing to sell. Only two choices now days, be patient or do without. Best of luck to you regardless of which way you go.

kly

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost
Occupation
retired
I really hope the Ram does not keep you up at night. Have you seen any of the Rams from a few years past, you can almost hear them rusting. Just sayin.

Sponsored

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
Damn near 8 build dates have come and gone since I ordered my F150 on 10 Mar 21. Latest was 20 Sep 21. Still in order processing. But I see Ford is building Lightnings. WTF over? I called my dealer today to tell them to shove the truck "you know where". This lifelong Ford owner has thrown in the towel. No Mas!
I waited from Nov. 18th till August 13th for mine (9 months), way too long, I know how frustrated I was, can't blame you.

n1chu

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 5.0L Supercab
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I didn’t have any issues with Ford failing to notify… I had to find the link on my own but it notified me of build date VIN# assignment, etc. I think the blame is valid when placed on Ford but it’s not Ford and the customer, more like they dropped the ball communicating with dealerships. I ordered my 21 Lariat in late April, early May, was warned by the dealer of delays, possibly around 2-3 months, and took delivery in August, almost a month more than estimated but as I say, the dealer said they weren’t getting very accurate estimates of how long from Ford. My Lariat is loaded and I had a feeling the microchip shortage would have my truck parked in a lot. But Ford was prioritizing the custom builds. Those trucks they were parking were all the standard units they push to the dealers to sell. (Ford also stopped supplying the stop/start feature as standard (they made it an option) in an effort to save the chips for custom builds.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
Good luck with a junk ram haha Chrysler products have worse build quality than Daewoo.
Ram is Truck of The Year for the third year straight. They don't build two door trucks anymore-sad. If they would build another RT 2 door I would buy it in a heart beat. Brand loyalty is stupid because al auto makers have their up years and down years.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
How about an electric Firebird??!!

OP
OP
BigPaulie

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Called the dealer. Seems they dropped the ball. Sales manager threw the rookie salesperson under the bus for not escalating it to him once it missed repeated build dates. The manager put in several emails to Ford asking why the delays on this XLT. That was 1 week ago, still no response. 2 more build dates have gone by. GD dealership can't get answers. BTW, not getting a Ram. At this point I'm curious to see how and when this turns out.
Sponsored

Last edited: