First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Ford used to build a ZF transmission, but I cannot find what transmission ford is using in the current f150s. Anyone know?

I assume it is shared with the navigator, explorer, and others as well.
Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I read a towing review on Ford, GM, and Ram half ton trucks. The author said the current 10 speed transmission was a joint venture with GM and Ford. Each company has their own programming.

OP
OP
SumGuy

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
After some random digging, and a year later, appears ZF still makes the transmission for ford - however, it is apparently manufactured in Mexico now vs USA.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Ford used to build a ZF transmission, but I cannot find what transmission ford is using in the current f150s. Anyone know?

I assume it is shared with the navigator, explorer, and others as well.
The explorer/aviator uses a 10R60, the F150, exp/nav, and mustang use the 10R80 and the SD’s use a 10R140. I *assume* they’re all made by the same manufacturer, but they are not the same transmissions.

I’m fairly certain the gear ratios vary from model to model, even between the exp/nav, F150 and mustang.

That’s not directly related to your question, but is relevant to the first post

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Manufacturer of f150 transmission?

While R&D for for some Ford tranny's is shared with other companies I believe you'll find that the actual manufacturing of all 10Rxxx transmissions used in Ford vehicles is done in-house at either the Ford Livonia (Michigan) Transmission Plant or the Ford Sharonville (Ohio) transmission Plant.

This Ford Corporate webpage has info on all of Ford's worldwide transmission plants and the versions that each produces.

Last edited: