Sponsored

Lower profile front license plate bracket?

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I was barely able to fit my truck into my 20' garage by taking off the front license plate bracket. While I see tons of cars without front license plates, state law requires one and I would rather not worry about getting pulled over for something like that.

Does anyone know of a low-profile mounting bracket that would hook into the front without drilling, but not give up the precious 1-2 inches?

Yes, my fit is that close... picture below.

Ford F-150 Lower profile front license plate bracket? IMG_7600
Sponsored

dman17

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I was barely able to fit my truck into my 20' garage by taking off the front license plate bracket. While I see tons of cars without front license plates, state law requires one and I would rather not worry about getting pulled over for something like that.

Does anyone know of a low-profile mounting bracket that would hook into the front without drilling, but not give up the precious 1-2 inches?

Yes, my fit is that close... picture below.

IMG_7600.jpg
Good luck parking in that garage thousands of times!!!!!!!!!!!

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
You're going to need to look at the hideable tag mount that street rodders and performance cars have. I doubt they are made for pickups so you will need to do some fabrication.

OP
OP
JJ_Tex

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Good luck parking in that garage thousands of times!!!!!!!!!!!
No kidding, but I did luck out and the garage has a small step up that is at the exact spot I need. When the back tires hit the step, I know I have 2 inches from the tailgate to the back wall and ~1 inch to the garage door hinge. The only tricky part is getting exactly straight so both tires hit the step at the same time.

Ford F-150 Lower profile front license plate bracket? IMG_7599

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Pretty much the same but I fit with the license plate on with 1” to spare front and back. Parking in the garage really wouldn’t be possible for me to do reliably without the cameras but with them it’s actually pretty easy to get in consistently. I do seriously wish I had about 2 1/2 more feet of length so I could walk around the truck while parked, but at least it’s not baking in the sun.

Sponsored

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Man that's close! Now I know what it would probably be like in my garage. I wonder how the Park Assist 2.0 would handle it. However, I won't need to worry for a while...I don't even have a VIN yet!
Sponsored