Low Insurance Quote! *Canadian 🇨🇦*

Jerry Can

Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I found the TD would just increase my rates every year until I left
Did you have TD’s 5 year cost replacement solution? This causes your insurance to increase annually until the 6th year, when it will drop back down again.

Though I wasn’t happy about my increasing premiums, this coverage saved my ass. My 2015 F150 was totalled back in October by a red light runner, almost to the day the 5 year coverage was set to expire. After a few months of arguing with TD, they eventually wrote me a cheque for the full replacement cost.

ivorm

Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT 302
Did you have TD’s 5 year cost replacement solution? This causes your insurance to increase annually until the 6th year, when it will drop back down again.

Though I wasn’t happy about my increasing premiums, this coverage saved my ass. My 2015 F150 was totalled back in October by a red light runner, almost to the day the 5 year coverage was set to expire. After a few months of arguing with TD, they eventually wrote me a cheque for the full replacement cost.
Yeah I had their replacement insurance as well, I know that causes the price to go up over time since the gap increases. At the time my car was over 5 years old and my truck that I had just added to the plan was brand new so I had replacement insurance on the competitor quote as well. The nice thing about TD is that they do it for 5 years, I think most other companies will only do it for 3 years.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
That’s pretty darn good. I also have the APEGA discount, but my quote does not include a second vehicle or home insurance discount.

Are you happy with The Personal? I was was with TD MM previously, but am thinking of switching for the savings.
I was with TD forever but when APEGA switched to The Personal I gave them a call it and was no brainer. We always got a great rate with TD (I thought) but The Personal was SIGNIFICATLY better for the vehicles and about the same for the home.

Just for interest, I just got off the phone with AMA and the cost for both our vehicles was a little over $4000. With The Personal it is a little under $1900.

Advertisement

Advertisement