Sponsored

Love the torque but also find myself trying to get to All electric as often as possible.

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
The animation on the touchscreen, let’s you know why the truck is what mode, now I want a bigger battery so I can be be in “all electric” more often.
Ford F-150 Love the torque but also find myself trying to get to All electric as often as possible. D037F390-A268-48B5-9079-70A09B084FD3
Sponsored

RT21KRH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 2013 Lariat
Occupation
Physicist
The animation on the touchscreen, let’s you know why the truck is what mode, now I want a bigger battery so I can be be in “all electric” more often.
D037F390-A268-48B5-9079-70A09B084FD3.jpeg
Yes me too. In mostly city with speeds 20 to 50 mph the attached photo is my mileage/electric stats before my first fill up. This is driving like there are 10 laps to go in the indy 500 you have a one lap lead but only 9 laps of fuel. Very gentle on the throttle!

Ford F-150 Love the torque but also find myself trying to get to All electric as often as possible. 21934878-70F5-444C-AC4D-9873F08D02E0

OP
OP
ekaddo

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
Yes me too. In mostly city with speeds 20 to 50 mph the attached photo is my mileage/electric stats before my first fill up. This is driving like there are 10 laps to go in the indy 500 you have a one lap lead but only 9 laps of fuel. Very gentle on the throttle!

21934878-70F5-444C-AC4D-9873F08D02E0.jpeg
ha! yeah, my wife looks at me strange when I am proud of getting close to 26 mpg in the city running errands, when I just had the 5.0 truck before this one, and was happy with 16-17 around town.

Niterider

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
factory worker
My 14’ EB F150 gets around 16-17mpg from mostly driving to work. Half of that daily drive is city driving with stoplights galore. The other half is country driving with stop signs. I can’t wait to see what this Hybrid drive does.

I’ll give the aftermarket a couple of years to see what they come up with before I try any changes with the electric drive. I remember when the Prius came out it wasn’t too long before they had extra batteries you could install and a plug in charger you could use.

Sponsored

keithw1975

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 302A, 2023 Explorer ST, 1999 Ram 3500
Yeah, I must admit that I enjoy the silence of electric mode. I also really like the fact that I can sit in the car while the wife is in the store without the engine running while staying warm/cool.

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Yeah, I must admit that I enjoy the silence of electric mode. I also really like the fact that I can sit in the car while the wife is in the store without the engine running while staying warm/cool.
This truck actually kind of drives me crazy. On any given trip to the the grocery store, or wherever I'm going, I find myself making a decision as to whether I'm going to maximize electric miles or just let 'er rip. It's almost too much. I've found I enjoy driving it most when I'm on the phone or distracted by something else and not paying attention to drive mode, MPG, hybrid, charging, eco idle, regenerative braking, etc.

That being said, I love it - I just wish the novelty of it all would wear off. But.. that's what I bought it for. First world problems...

Longhorngary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F150 302A soon to be 2021 F150 KR PB
I'm the same, probably to a detriment of physical awareness. I'm always watching to try and beat my average mpg and see how many electric miles I can milk out of a given round trip in town. At some point I need to quit worrying about the all electric mode and just drive, including enjoying all that power.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Are you guys using the EV coach screen in the cluster? I find that to be FAR more informative than the Power Flow. The Power Flow only tells you what mode you are currently in, but it does not give you bars/meters/thresholds of where you will cross over modes. In EV Coach you can actually see your blue bar for electric mode and how much buffer you have before it kicks into hybrid (engine on). Same for the regenerative braking, you can see when you are applying friction and not just regenerative, and where that threshold is.

I have not used Power Flow once I discovered EV Coach.

Sponsored

MnTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch Powerboost
I am using EV coach to stay in electric mode as long as possible once it kicks in, huge impact on MPG.

I find myself avoiding the 65 MPH expressway to work and driving hilly side roads at 40-45 MPH. 26.9 MPG best yet accelerating downhill and letting it slow down going up. Mileage is more like 23 - 24 MPG if there is a lot of traffic and I am avoiding inciting road rage in my fellow drivers.

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
Are you guys using the EV coach screen in the cluster? I find that to be FAR more informative than the Power Flow. The Power Flow only tells you what mode you are currently in, but it does not give you bars/meters/thresholds of where you will cross over modes. In EV Coach you can actually see your blue bar for electric mode and how much buffer you have before it kicks into hybrid (engine on). Same for the regenerative braking, you can see when you are applying friction and not just regenerative, and where that threshold is.

I have not used Power Flow once I discovered EV Coach.
I've seen Power Flow in the cluster. How do you enable EV coach in the cluster screen? I've seen EV Coach ie speed, braking, acceleration in the big screen tabs. Thx.

NorCalHunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR Powerboost
Occupation
Management Advisory Consulting
I am using EV coach to stay in electric mode as long as possible once it kicks in, huge impact on MPG.

I find myself avoiding the 65 MPH expressway to work and driving hilly side roads at 40-45 MPH. 26.9 MPG best yet accelerating downhill and letting it slow down going up. Mileage is more like 23 - 24 MPG if there is a lot of traffic and I am avoiding inciting road rage in my fellow drivers.
Haha my wife & I were driving around yesterday & I told her these trucks should come with an LED marquee in the window displaying your current MPG so people will understand why a truck with 570lbft is cruising at 45 & accelerating like a rascal wheelchair. Once these start selling in more numbers it'll be hilarious with all the F150s putting around town signaling to each other what their current number is while everyone else goes insane. I will admit it's fun to go the speed limit in electric while the lifted silverado rides your bumper only to be left in the dust when it's time to recharge. They sure look at you funny at the light haha...
I seriously find myself much more interested in maximizing electric & mileage than gunning it, but maybe I'm just getting older :)

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
This truck is my combo Lincoln Town Car / Home Depot /Lowe's hauler that is my retirement DD. I didn't buy it to be a hot rod. I have that sitting next to it. So when I'm out driving, I'm experimenting with driving styles to see how it affects the electric driving. I actually haven't played with the ev coach, or whatever it's called. I do find myself checking the dash to see what's up.
I want a "luxury car/truck" and my Platinum pretty much covers it. I won't get much use of the generator, I hope. I would like to get an electrician over that get me set up to be able to back feed the house in an outage. But that's not high on my things to do list.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Haha my wife & I were driving around yesterday & I told her these trucks should come with an LED marquee in the window displaying your current MPG so people will understand why a truck with 570lbft is cruising at 45 & accelerating like a rascal wheelchair. Once these start selling in more numbers it'll be hilarious with all the F150s putting around town signaling to each other what their current number is while everyone else goes insane. I will admit it's fun to go the speed limit in electric while the lifted silverado rides your bumper only to be left in the dust when it's time to recharge. They sure look at you funny at the light haha...
I seriously find myself much more interested in maximizing electric & mileage than gunning it, but maybe I'm just getting older :)
I've never been a leadfoot or cared about power, so this is a way more fun "game" to play when driving for me :ROFLMAO:

Plus I'm not trying to race anyone, I'm just trying to beat my own records.
Sponsored