Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Snip......

Putting it in Sport mode especially during the initial re-learn might not be a bad idea as it will hit every gear........
Exactly why I tried that method. I personally think "learning" isn't the most accurate term for the adaptive tables being populated with values after the table(s) were cleared.
Rather I would describe it as a pre-programmed transmission procedure that results in the various solenoids, clutch packs, and other components to "measure" various parameters that represent potential variances between one 10r80 and another.

If I use Sport Mode, but drive NORMAL, I am simply attempting to get those cells in those tables populated with values that represent the measurements experienced in Sport Mode. Or put another way, Sport Mode seems to be the most decisive strategy. No gear skipping. Less hunting. And in my opinion a less sloppy shift.

Of course it's all anecdotal, but I am VERY pleased with how this 10r80 MHT behaves compared to how poorly many are described.

Note that I sacrificed a full tank of fuel without EV mode (unavailable in Sport Mode) So it's not a Hybrid during the experiment.
Sponsored

22F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 KR Powerboost
👆 Don’t bother, Brian… They don’t do anything. I got a case number and was asked to let them know when my truck was in the shop. Then I learned about my ATF fluid level which fixed the cavitating noise and reached back out to my “case worker” directly (two times), weeks ago now, asking if they could confirm the proper fluid level and never even heard back. This is a distraction technique, at best, to make it look like they’re trying to help.

I don’t mean to be a cynic but I call em how I see em. You need to follow through @Ford Motor Company.
I think you’ve accurately captured the purpose of the Ford bot, pretend they’re helping and to reduce public dialog that’s negative toward Ford.

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I finally punted with my 21 PB Lariat. It’s getting traded today, and I honestly feel a big sense of relief. Had I kept it, I would be making trip 14 to the dealership to look at the rear brakes locking up prematurely. It was already skidding on wet pavement, and with our first snow, it was locking up every time I stopped. Anyway, I will not miss this part at all! It’s bittersweet because it is a heck of a ride.

oddly enough I equate to boat ownership. The two best days are the the day you buy and the day you sell it.

thanks to all who helped me. This site was a vital tool that I don’t know what I would have done without. Good luck to all of you!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
When I first got it, I was elated - Perfect color, features, etc. THEN, the quirks started to surface…
  • Cold start gremlins (noises)
  • Hard shifts to/from certain gears
  • Shaking with light throttle under load in higher gears
  • Light intermittent vibrations in gas pedal while cruising on highway
You might find vibrations in the pedal associated with audio -- I only get bass feedback in the pedal from the audio system -- not that the pedal is moving, it's just the resonance in the cab from the music.

The shifts are probably your 1-3 skip shift, unfortunately you need a 'tune' to remove that unwanted feature. You're likely rolling into the throttle and the truck goes 1-3 but you've continued to roll into and 3rd hits hard. Can also feel a little gutless until 3rd hits. 1-3 is annoying as hell.

Not sure if the shudder is when it's cold, the heat scavenge system on the exhaust might be the cause of it, which is no longer active when it's up to temp.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I finally punted with my 21 PB Lariat. It’s getting traded today, and I honestly feel a big sense of relief. Had I kept it, I would be making trip 14 to the dealership to look at the rear brakes locking up prematurely. It was already skidding on wet pavement, and with our first snow, it was locking up every time I stopped. Anyway, I will not miss this part at all! It’s bittersweet because it is a heck of a ride.

oddly enough I equate to boat ownership. The two best days are the the day you buy and the day you sell it.

thanks to all who helped me. This site was a vital tool that I don’t know what I would have done without. Good luck to all of you!
Dying to know what you're replacing it with?

Sponsored

LCMM55

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Hey all,

I’m posting this topic purely out Of curiosity and, to an extent, for my own entertainment. Contribute/participate if you so choose.

I’m still new to Powerboost ownership - Had my truck for a little over a month now. I’ve previously owned a 2017 Ecoboost and a 2015 5.0 as well. Always been a big fan of F-150s as they’re great looking, super capable and generally reliable rigs. So, when I learned of the Powerboost with all its new tech and, particularly, the pro power onboard feature to use with my TT, I wanted one.

When I first got it, I was elated - Perfect color, features, etc. THEN, the quirks started to surface…
  • Cold start gremlins (noises)
  • Hard shifts to/from certain gears
  • Shaking with light throttle under load in higher gears
  • Light intermittent vibrations in gas pedal while cruising on highway
Then, in doing research, I learn all of these things are pretty commonplace with no resolution available from Ford.

So, my knee jerk was that I bought a turd and needed to sell it. I was pretty pissed! However, as I’ve sat with the quirks and driven the truck more, I now just want to try to figure them out so I can keep this thing because, otherwise, I absolutely love it.

Is that just me or has anyone else had this torn, up and down relationship with their PB? I know many have thrown in the towel and gone back to an EB or even changed brands but I’m feeling compelled to make this work. Like a challenged marriage you just don’t want to give up on - I feel like my truck is the hot but kinda crazy chick with a good heart… 🤣
Agreed on all said. Love the truck and beast within to tow my 7600 pound trailer with no effort and get great mpg around town. Plus all the XLT options, 4WD, Sport package and good looks.

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
Replaced it with a 23 Mazda CX 5 Turbo. It kills me to say this but the quality difference is like night and day. I’m getting a 2016 f150 handed down because the old man can’t drive anymore. It’s always been a hunting truck so it’s got some scars, but it will serve its purpose as a truck.
I am so relieved to be out of that mess with the PB. It’s bittersweet.
Sponsored