Loud blinker sound. Finally had enough.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
My hearing has also faded with age, but then I got hearing aids. WOW...Had to ask the wife if the turn signal has always been that loud....LOL. Thinking I will try and reach up and put some tape over the speaker without taking the dash apart.
Please let us know if you were able reach up there.
Sponsored

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Since the dealer hasn’t or just won’t fix my left blinker that stays on after a turn, the loud blinker sound keeps me from being that guy driving down the road with the blinker on. Otherwise I just turn up the radio.

Harry Dangler

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired
My hearing has faded with age so a loud turn signal indicator isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I'm like bluesman I can't hear the turn signals at all on my wifes lexus and she's always telling me "The turn signals on!"

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Not sure how I missed this thread earlier, but I almost never use the blinker on this truck due to how loud it is. I don't get what the point of them being rock concert loud or even need to make any noise at all. On my other vehicles, the sound is barely noticeable. Is this another ridiculous safety measure ? I wish there was another way to quiet it without having to take apart the dash. Whoever tuned the volume must have have had some type of major hearing loss.

Ford F-150 Loud blinker sound.  Finally had enough. giphy
Sponsored