Loud bang shifting into reverse with powerboost

Stuckey in NC

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Mine does this along with other common powerboost transmission issues. I’d say 50% of the time. Going in to the dealer for the 4th time tomorrow in regards to the transmission stuff. Good luck figuring yours out. I can’t make heads or tails about what causes mine to do so.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Mine does this along with other common powerboost transmission issues. I’d say 50% of the time. Going in to the dealer for the 4th time tomorrow in regards to the transmission stuff. Good luck figuring yours out. I can’t make heads or tails about what causes mine to do so.
Hi there! Can you send us a private message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Has there been any additional information on this? I have learned to wait while the truck goes into reverse. I have to pause a good second or so. If I let off the brake too quickly after shifting into reverse, it is a hard shift.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has there been any additional information on this? I have learned to wait while the truck goes into reverse. I have to pause a good second or so. If I let off the brake too quickly after shifting into reverse, it is a hard shift.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Thanks for the offer, but I have not communicated with the dealership yet.
If they cannot help, I will reach back out.
Sponsored