Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
Hey all,
unfortunately i have lost my 2020 Ford F150 car key.
I lost them both and right now i am stuck.
The dealer told me yestrday about 600 for a replacement, which sounds like a rip off for me.
Any ideas?
I had this push to start type of key
Thanks!
$600 for the two key fobs sounds about right. I know it's a hefty price but right now, you're completely stuck, what can you do?
Sponsored

bigjohnp

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
retired
Jeez! I just noticed the date on that thread, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I think I just had a brain fart....o_Oo_Oo_O:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I had my primary key fob taken from my truck. I had to go to dealer with my spair and buy a second one. Get them both coded to a new code and have both door locks re keyed because there is a hidden door key inside the fob. 830.00!!!!!
Three months later I found that gd key fob under the front seat wedged between the rail and the tunnel.
You guys are the only ones that know. Don't tell my kids. They think every dollar I spend is one less they get when I'm gone.

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Spent most of January looking for a replacement for her Trailblazer.
Got it narrowed down to 3 different ‘17 Explrorer XLT
Wanted to get the AWD car, but one broken fob and the other was awol.
One car, low mileage, but evidence of incidents not on carfax
The one I bought, both fobs with keys, and regularly serviced at the same shop since new.
Getting both fobs was an important factor in that purchase.

This all happened because the transmission in the Trailblazer took a dump and she did not like driving the F150(too big) and refused to drive the k1500 (stick shift)
So now she has her new to her Explorer and a backup vehicle if something happens to it (4x4 Trailblazer fixed now)
Actually worked out real well already.
The kids car started acting strange yesterday and he just took the Trailblazer for the week. Hope it is just a coil pack failure.

BTW, the Explorer was a surprise. She had no clue why I stopped at a Ford dealer on Saturday until the sales girl gave her the keys and took her out for spin. Spouse in a pretty good mood after that.

WD8CXB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 4x4 SuperCrew / 2020 Expedition MAX 4x4
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I have a total of four key fobs for my F-150. It was $538 for the two extra FOBS. I keep one in my key lock box at home, and the other is for my daughter, who is the third driver.

Well worth the piece of mind to know I have an extra key at home if I need it. The dealer's locksmith did not know how to program the fob. He told my salesman he did not have the right equipment. I said don't worry about it I will program the key. The salesman wasn't sure I could do it but trusted me when I said it was possible based on reading the 2022 F-150 Owner's Manual. ( I had a lot of time to read the 2022 manual while waiting for my 2023 :) )

It was super simple to program. I failed the first time because I took too long to press the start button, but I watched a YouTube video and then followed their example. It was programmed in about 30 seconds. Just needed to have both of the original fobs.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Those keyfobs are super expensive. Never lose one!
Sponsored