Sponsored

Looking for some real world feedback on some lift / leveling kits.

21Larry@

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport FX4 SCrew Ecoboost
Occupation
Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic
Can anyone report back with first-hand feedback on Rough Country's Vertex Series lift/levelling kits? I like the price point considering they include new upper control arms and many options for both front and rear.
Sponsored

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I've been eyeballing the front and rears too, I like the idea of being able to stiffen up the rears if I'm towing. Where are you seeing a kit that includes the upper control arms etc though?

OP
OP

21Larry@

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
OP
OP

21Larry@

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Interesting, I was going through the 2 inch level and so it never gave me the "kit" appearance. Unsure about 3 inches, I haven't really even looked at it yet.

Some interesting notes:

1630590845489.png

I've got a 502A Lariat with the FX4 so it seems like it may not fit...
Yes, the question has been asked on the page to clarify on that.

Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
I was looking at the Rough Country kit with the upper control arms, and it said I needed to add a 1/4" front wheel spacer if I were retaining my OEM wheels. I was concerned about my rims not being hub centric any more. I don't like lug centric if I am doing any hauling or towing. This was several months ago. Just saying dig a little deeper before you dive in.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I was looking at the Rough Country kit with the upper control arms, and it said I needed to add a 1/4" front wheel spacer if I were retaining my OEM wheels. I was concerned about my rims not being hub centric any more. I don't like lug centric if I am doing any hauling or towing. This was several months ago. Just saying dig a little deeper before you dive in.
Can you explain what is "hub-centric" and "lug-centric" and why this makes a difference?

OP
OP

21Larry@

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Can you explain what is "hub-centric" and "lug-centric" and why this makes a difference?
Hub centric means the opening in the center of the wheel centers itself on the hub, and lug centric means the opening is larger and more universal, so the tapered lugnuts end up centering the wheel.

Last edited:

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Hub centric means the opening in the center of the wheel centers itself on the hub, and hub centric means the opening is larger and more universal, so the tapered lugnuts end up centering the wheel.
thanks didn't realize there was a difference

So is it safe to say most OEMs are lug-centric? Seems all the lug nut I have seen are tapered

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hub centric wheels , the center diameter of the rim rides on the center raised ridge of the axel. So all your weight bearing load is on the axel. Lug centric wheels, all the load bearing weight is on the lug bolts. Wheel manufactures make rims with a large center bore so they will fit a lot of different applications. If one of your lug bolts or nuts were to fail then that MAY start a domino effect. Also I know from experience that lug centric rims are always harder the get balanced correct. I hope I explained it correctly without to much confusion. I am just thinking of safety first.

Sponsored

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would say OEM wheels are hub centric. If I have created some confusion, it would be best to consult your dealer or trusted tire shop.

OP
OP

21Larry@

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Bumping this to get it back on track..... Anyone install these yet?

cscheut

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150; 16 Expedition; 91 Mustang LX; 72 Maverick
Occupation
CPA
Interesting, I was going through the 2 inch level and so it never gave me the "kit" appearance. Unsure about 3 inches, I haven't really even looked at it yet.

Some interesting notes:

1630590845489.png

I've got a 502A Lariat with the FX4 so it seems like it may not fit...
I am leaning towards this kit as well. Per my read of the website and install instructions, it is the spacer kit with the part number 57730A that would not work with the FX4. If you go with the Vertex option it should work fine. I know there are shops that have installed them on trucks with the FX4 option.

Captain

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0
I’m looking hard at these Vertex coilovers too. I planned on doing a Bilstein 6112/5160 setup because I’ve had good luck in the past with the 6112s. It’s a pretty tried and true combo that seems to punch above its price point.

Now the Vertex on the other hand is coming in way below it’s competition for what it seems to offer. Problem is info is spotty. They don’t give an adjustment range, they just say 2” or 3”. It’s a threaded body so it’s obviously adjustable, but how far up or down from the advertised lift height. I guess they do give expanded and collapsed lengths so I should be able to figure it out.
I also couldn’t find anything that said if they are rebuildable or not. I would imagine they are, but if not, they just lost all points for value.

OP
OP

21Larry@

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m looking hard at these Vertex coilovers too. I planned on doing a Bilstein 6112/5160 setup because I’ve had good luck in the past with the 6112s. It’s a pretty tried and true combo that seems to punch above its price point.

Now the Vertex on the other hand is coming in way below it’s competition for what it seems to offer. Problem is info is spotty. They don’t give an adjustment range, they just say 2” or 3”. It’s a threaded body so it’s obviously adjustable, but how far up or down from the advertised lift height. I guess they do give expanded and collapsed lengths so I should be able to figure it out.
I also couldn’t find anything that said if they are rebuildable or not. I would imagine they are, but if not, they just lost all points for value.
Adjustability is a big key for me as well, as I'm running some 285/60R20 Toyo AT3s on 20x9 (+25 offset) wheels. They JUST fit without any rubbing at stock height, but I haven't done more than commute in it so far. I just want to get a bit of wiggle room while maintaining some of the rake and improving ride quality.
Sponsored