Sponsored

Looking for more aggressive tires w/ no road noise and close to same weight as my OE Hankook AT tires

Amizar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat FX4/2020 Expedition
So that means the recons are less aggressive the the Ridge right ? Still nice capable tire but the Ridge little more aggressive in sound ? What about ride ?
Yes the Recons are a little less agressive (tighter tread pattern). As far as ride goes it seems fine to me. That being said, I came from a Superduty for the last 10 years so this is much better than I'm used to.

I can tell for sure that they are 10 ply vs the stock 4ply but it's not harsh by any means.

They do have a couple options I believe that are 6 ply just not in the size I wanted.

Ford F-150 Looking for more aggressive tires w/ no road noise and close to same weight as my OE Hankook AT tires IMG_2460
Sponsored

NO3PUTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT 302A Coyote
I've got 285/60/20 KO2's, stock height, on mine. Haven't driven the truck with them yet though. I'll post a couple pictures once home from work.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Your laziness is appreciated. I will tag along. I just bought some mickie Thompson boss. 315/55 r20. I researched these to death.
super unhappy with the road noise. They were reviewed as being quiet but those reviews were coming from off roaders I guess. They sound like what a failed wheel bearing sound like and have a washboard sound and feel when coming to a stop.
I bought them from discount tire. They offered to swap them out for anything in the same price range. What a great company!
im looking at the nitro grappler or Toyo at3. Not much info on the at3.

wessermgm

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum SCrew, Smoked Quartz, 701a, FX4
My neighbor got the 275/65/20 SL Recons. They are pretty awesome. Look great, quiet as our Hankook OEMs. For your parameters, they are perfect.

JahWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost Smoked Quartz
Firestone Destination x/t

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Falken wildpeak HT02. Excellent tire no noise and a 70,000 mile warranty. I got 4 tires installed for $958

Hawk75

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Lariat FX4 502a magnetic grey
I was in the same situation and went with Falken wildpeaks in stock size. Have 7k on them and very happy with ride and low noise

Ford F-150 Looking for more aggressive tires w/ no road noise and close to same weight as my OE Hankook AT tires 20220526_191351

Blue Hammer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Crew cab V8
Occupation
business owner
+1 on the Nitto RECON Grapplers.

SaSurvival

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 with 2kw PPoB
Occupation
Technical trainer
I did this video on the Grabber X3’s and loved them but I am getting road noise not, I have about 35k/KM on them and we tow a lot.
But I think I am going to go with the Grabber ATx this year.

Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Best source for information is to be found at tire sellers' websites like americastirestore and reading the reviews by many people who have bought a particular tire.

An aggressive tire is likely to be noisier on the road and reduce fuel economy and may sling up gravel from the road. My Nitto Terra Grappler tires were an exception as have been older versions of the Goodyear Wrangler tires I have put on my 4WD vehicles over the years.

lb18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCrew, 2018 Mustang GT
I went with Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT in the stock size 275/60/20. They are a Discount Tire exclusive and I've been happy so far. I didn't want to go to an LT rated and it still rides like stock

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
I know many threads and call me lazy. I'm looking for a more aggresive tire, no road noise and close to same weight as my OE Hankook AT tires. Suggestions and experience? Thanks
I replaced my OEM Hankook's with Nokian Outpost AT's. More aggressive but not super aggressive. Great traction and negligible road noise.

Amizar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat FX4/2020 Expedition
The Michelin LTX AT2 is a fantastic tire. The sides tend to get chewed up on a 3/4 ton (too much weight). They are not "aggressive" looking though. If they had made the size I wanted, I would have had a hard time deciding. The Nittos look better but the Michelin is a great tire. I had a set of 285s on a Tahoe and they lasted forever. Hardly any road noise. Decent in the snow.

My father just put a regular pair of Michelin LTX on and he's wishing he had put the AT2s on (Chevy 1/2 ton). He had those prior and they worked better.
Sponsored