Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Hey guys,

I haven't had much luck w/ dealerships since owning my 21 F150. I was always a used Toyota guy before this, and honestly never even dealt w/ dealerships until purchasing this truck. I'm a bit of a loss, as it just seems my local dealership is insanely incompetent:

This is my experience at Glenwood Springs Ford:
- Go in for a regular oil change, and ask for a tire rotation. Air filter box isn't latched, and tire pressure isn't the same. Surprised they even put the oil plug on properly. I usually change my own oil and filters, but during winter, I like to have someone else do it.
- Had my truck for 10 days after a corrupted OTA update, couldn't resolve the "module " problem. Sent me home w/ a truck that wasn't fixed, said they had a ticket in w/ Ford engineering – would be calling me up when they had a solution. I bought a mongoose controller, paid the Ford fee, updated my modules and fixed my wonky module in 20 minutes. Cleared all the codes, and truck has been perfect since. I never heard back from the dealership to this day – it's been 6 months.
- Asked them to lube my aftermarket UCA, they said they wouldn't do it, as it's not Ford. WTF?

This is my experience at LakeWood Ford:
- Bought my truck there. Sales guys were nice. Got oversold on some gimmicky "protection plans." Waste of money.
- Financed some aftermarket work – Lift, wheels, tires.
- They installed wheels w/ the wrong offset (0 instead of +18), tires didn't fit– rubbed horribly – didn't add a add-a-leaft I had purchased, didn't adjust my headlights, didn't adjust my speedo. Sent me out the doors as they were closing. Drove around the block to find them closed. Had to drive 3 hrs home w/ all this effed up. They knew I lived far away too.
- Had to go to GWood to get new tires (smaller) to fit properly. They did take back the bigger tires, but after learning about the offset being wrong (crawling under the truck and physically looking at the stamp, albeit a few months later), they wouldn't swap them out for the offset I wanted. Headache, and partly my fault for not being more diligent when picking up the truck, but still.
- They installed the Fox Reservoir hoses backwards, hose ended up rubbing through. They installed UPC arms that didn't fit properly, didn't find out until I had my snows installed and the tire shop said there was substantial play in them. They wouldn't replace, nor fix themselves – I had to go to a third party to deal w/ that. They did reimburse me, but still, what a pain.

If you can't tell, I'm not stoked on my Ford service experience. At this point, I'm willing to drive pretty far to get my truck serviced properly. Looking for advice on where to go in the state (preferably on the western slope). Might even journey to Utah if it makes that much of a difference.

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Check the reviews on Yelp which I have found to be a good source for information on businesses and on trades people.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience. You would hope that you wouldn't need to verify that everything the "expert"/mechanic did was done correctly. Colorado Springs is obviously not close, but I have heard some good things about the service at Phil Long Ford. I've only had them do one minor thing for me, but that experience was very good. @JeffInCOS has used them for quite some time.
Sponsored