jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Hi Everyone,

I see a bunch of threads promoting Granger Ford as they seemingly give really good pricing.

I'm looking to order a new truck (gas f150), with no real tie to any dealers. Does anyone have experience with any dealers within an hour or so drive of Toronto that are willing to do discounts on a factory order today?
Sponsored

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Hi Everyone,

I see a bunch of threads promoting Granger Ford as they seemingly give really good pricing.

I'm looking to order a new truck (gas f150), with no real tie to any dealers. Does anyone have experience with any dealers within an hour or so drive of Toronto that are willing to do discounts on a factory order today?
@jfried go to Planet Ford. They are amazing. Talk to Sara. I can refer you if you want!!

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Hi Everyone,

I had a phenomenal experience at Colony Ford Lincoln in Brampton.

If that's a location you would be interested in, let me know and I'll send out an intro email to get the ball rolling.

Good luck on your search!

dvdizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
whats consdiered reallly good pricing? i used carcostcanada and got 55.2k invoice price from 61.2k sticker price.

juistwent to the dealer in person today and emailed hthem the report. waiting to hear back

Mont1414

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I went to thorncrest ford, I am from the Niagara region and thorncrest ford was the only one that would apply x plan and provide a $1500 factory order bonus.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ended up to ordering through Yorkdale Ford. Thanks everyone.

That being said, I do have to say how much this experience is a tried and true example of why people hate dealerships.

Several of the dealers I talked to flat-out refused to sell me a truck unless I leased or financed it. The "excuse" was that I might export the truck. Even if that was my intent, who cares? Obviously, the real reason is for the finance kick-back.

Other dealers flat-out refused to negotiate on the new price of the car... only wanting to talk trade-value. "Bring your car in and let me see what my used car manager can do" ... with the real motivation being to invest 3 hours of your time into dealing with that dealership.

Yes, inventory is tight for everyone, but one of the ways to grow your allocations is to sell more cars. Salespeople need to learn how to read their customers, not off a script of objections, and figure out how to get at what is most important for that customer to win the business.

dvdizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Ended up to ordering through Yorkdale Ford. Thanks everyone.

That being said, I do have to say how much this experience is a tried and true example of why people hate dealerships.

Several of the dealers I talked to flat-out refused to sell me a truck unless I leased or financed it. The "excuse" was that I might export the truck. Even if that was my intent, who cares? Obviously, the real reason is for the finance kick-back.

Other dealers flat-out refused to negotiate on the new price of the car... only wanting to talk trade-value. "Bring your car in and let me see what my used car manager can do" ... with the real motivation being to invest 3 hours of your time into dealing with that dealership.

Yes, inventory is tight for everyone, but one of the ways to grow your allocations is to sell more cars. Salespeople need to learn how to read their customers, not off a script of objections, and figure out how to get at what is most important for that customer to win the business.
thats annoying. are oyu trying to do a factory order or one on the lot?

OP
OP

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
wow that is insulting

i wonder how i was able to get a quote for less than sticker
I think going through one of the unhaggle/car cost Canada things may help, just because it makes it clear to that dealership that you're a bit of a bargain hunter, and the person answering those inquiries knows that if they go out at MSRP, somebody will beat it.

Ultimately, I took the approach of cold-calling dealerships, so you get a salesman that thinks he's selling something off the lot, and goes "by the book" for how to do it... step 1 get customer through the door, step 2 make them waste 2-3 hours there try to make them feel special, etc.

I get why Granger Ford does those kinds of deals -- by involving themselves in forums / enthusiast marketplaces, they probably sell a ton of additional vehicles this way, that ordinarily nobody these customers would certainly not be coming to a suburb of Des Moines Iowa to buy.

I guess it's a situation where Americans tend to be more "mobile" than Canadians in this regard, and because of the size of the country / distances between populations, it's really not going to make sense for somebody in Toronto to buy a car from some dealership in Saskatchewan and have it shipped.... and in the bigger areas, seemingly afraid to want to undercut each other too much.

JohnnyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat PB
Every dealer I called the last two weeks it was MSRP as the best price, so I just put my order in with a local dealer.
ARe there any dealers doing better?
Could I just cancel my order and make a new one with another dealer?
Sponsored

Last edited: