First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 F150 5.0
Occupation
farmer
I'm looking at an Ford F150 Super Crew XLT with a Twin Turbo Regular Unleaded V-6 2.7 L/164, I presently own a 2007 F150 with a 5.0 V8 that has no shortage of power pulling my Ranger 188vx. I'm wondering if I will satisfied power wise with the V6 2.7? Comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

And off topic advice.
Thinking of buying an electric razor tomorrow to use on legs/ underarms like on the ProfyShavers but I've seen a few reviews saying they don't give as good a shave as a normal razor... Anyone know if this is the case?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
YES

The 2.7 while not near as stout a motor as the 3.5 it still has great power at the low end for pulling and cruising is a breeze with it.

I have had many F-150's with a variety of V8 Straight 6 and the two turbo models, and at first I was apprehensive but now I like them better (still like the sound of the V8 though)

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I had a guy over doing some landscape work the other day and I asked him the same question. I'm looking to get a Platinum with the 3.5 and max towing package, but was curious how his 2.7 was doing with the trailer. He said it was the 2nd truck he has had with the 2.7 and has been very happy with it. I don't know what sort of weight he pulls, but he didn't think stepping up to a model with a V8 or 3.5 was worth it for what he does (enclosed trailer with lawn equipment, mulch, ect).

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Those engines are expensive, the 3.5 was standard in my Platinum but I would not pay 2k for an engine in a vehicle...just seems strange to me...
Sponsored