Sponsored

Nealek

First Name
Neale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Great to see a happy PB story. Can't wait to take delivery of mine in the next few days.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Great to see a happy PB story. Can't wait to take delivery of mine in the next few days.
There must be many thousands of happy Powerboost stories, but forums don't attract those. They are for problem solving mostly.

This is an exception because the OP is a generous storyteller. And great pictures too! :)

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
@Shooter56 Just in the nick of time, Im looking at the 23 footer Micro minnie and was wondering if anyone had one with a review. I might just buy an ice castle though since the micro minnie doesnt have the insulation that we need up here especially for winter. That being said how do you find the build quality on your micro minnie?

OP
OP
Shooter56

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
@Shooter56 Just in the nick of time, Im looking at the 23 footer Micro minnie and was wondering if anyone had one with a review. I might just buy an ice castle though since the micro minnie doesnt have the insulation that we need up here especially for winter. That being said how do you find the build quality on your micro minnie?
It’s been great so far. Like the Powerboost some people have complaints about quality, but it is a tiny house wheels that goes down the highway at 65 and bounces over rocks and washboard BLM road and trailers by their nature need a lot of care and maintenance.

I’ve had a few small issues with some trim coming loose and I had to replace the fuse for the wireless charger and I am replacing all 4 usb charger ports, but other than that, the quality I’ve experienced is pretty decent. I like and use the off road and cold weather packages. We spent a few night in it over the new year in single digits and high winds and I was shocked at the lack of drafts in the trailer. I had it winterized so we did not use any water. The furnace kept us warm and toasty, but I could certainly see that if it was used a lot in cold weather there would be a better choice.

The tanks are enclosed and I have an electric tank heater, which I’ve used camping in October with night time temps down into the 20’s and nothing froze up. So for my purposes it has been a good cold weather trailer, but I would definitely call it a three season not a four season unit.

Also similar to the truck, dealer choice can be important and and have been very satisfied with Phil Long in Denver for purchase and in Colorado Springs for service and Gander RV in Amarillo for the trailer.

Good luck with your choice.

Sponsored

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
DW just loves Leadville and we've camped up there many times... Different rig attached but we'll be back again someday.. Eyeing a Grand Design XLS 23LDE for our PowerBoost.

Ford F-150 Long Weekend Camping on Cottonwood Pass CO with F-150 Powerboost Half Moon Creek, Leadville, CO   2005.JPG

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
DW just loves Leadville and we've camped up there many times... Different rig attached but we'll be back again someday.. Eyeing a Grand Design XLS 23LDE for our PowerBoost.

Half Moon Creek, Leadville, CO   2005.JPG
Coleman Fleetwood Utah?

Reminds me of our old trailer:

Ford F-150 Long Weekend Camping on Cottonwood Pass CO with F-150 Powerboost 1655401983394

Ford F-150 Long Weekend Camping on Cottonwood Pass CO with F-150 Powerboost IMG_3026.JPG

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice! Ours was an 02' Bayside and we loved that trailer for 15 years. Yours was during the Fleetwood years with the plastic "frunk" (after the divorce). Hated to sell ours and DW cried over it but we stopped using it and that's when it's time to go. Did you ever hang out in the PUX forums?

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice! Ours was an 02' Bayside and we loved that trailer for 15 years. Yours was during the Fleetwood years with the plastic "frunk" (after the divorce). Hated to sell ours and DW cried over it but we stopped using it and that's when it's time to go. Did you ever hang out in the PUX forums?
It was a great trailer. Power lift roof, inside washroom and the add-a-room. Miles better than the old Bon-Air it replaced. We replaced the Utah with a 23' (hitch to bumper) hardwall as the constant set up / take down was getting old, haha. No, I don't think so.... what is the PUX forum?

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PUX - Popup Explorer, it's a forum just like this one only for folding camper folks.

https://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/

We had an Add-A-Room but only used it when it was 3 or more nights in the same spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780

Sponsored

BisonDude

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat, PB, FX4, 7.2kW
Great story. We've also been loving camping where ever we want in CO. Starting Memorial Day weekend we've been hitting the road each weekend with our 1685 Lance and Lariat with the 7.2. Can't brag about it enough!
Weekend one was in Basalt on Ruedi Reservoir. It snowed 6" and we used the furnace. Listening to a neighbor's noisy frame generator is more annoying when the truck runs sparingly and is virtually silent.
Weekend two was in Lost Park outside of Jefferson...temps below 30, used the furnace again.
And last weekend up Guanella Pass.
The truck is a camping game changer. Never have to worry about hookups again. Its so comforting knowing the battery won't go dead and not having to lug the Honda 2kW gen along - its collecting dust so if anyone in Denver area wants to buy it give me an offer.

Ford F-150 Long Weekend Camping on Cottonwood Pass CO with F-150 Powerboost IMG_0896.JPG

OP
OP
Shooter56

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
Great story. We've also been loving camping where ever we want in CO. Starting Memorial Day weekend we've been hitting the road each weekend with our 1685 Lance and Lariat with the 7.2. Can't brag about it enough!
Weekend one was in Basalt on Ruedi Reservoir. It snowed 6" and we used the furnace. Listening to a neighbor's noisy frame generator is more annoying when the truck runs sparingly and is virtually silent.
Weekend two was in Lost Park outside of Jefferson...temps below 30, used the furnace again.
And last weekend up Guanella Pass.
The truck is a camping game changer. Never have to worry about hookups again. Its so comforting knowing the battery won't go dead and not having to lug the Honda 2kW gen along - its collecting dust so if anyone in Denver area wants to buy it give me an offer.

IMG_0896.JPG
Love it! Good to hear your story. There aren’t too many of us around. I bet you love the Lance. Lance was on the short list before deciding on the Minnie.

I’ve got a very loud gas guzzling Champion 4500 gathering dust. Fortunately, my son in law is going to take it off my hands.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PUX - Popup Explorer, it's a forum just like this one only for folding camper folks.

https://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/

We had an Add-A-Room but only used it when it was 3 or more nights in the same spot.
Ah okay. No, I never went over there. Wifey spent more time looking stuff up for the pop up than I did. I think most of that time was spent on the pop up princess site, haha

KDPGame02

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Software Development & Design
First time towing with the PB today, and boondocking at a reservoir campground on the VA/NC border that the Roanoke river feeds. Tows like a dream, and the ProPower has been flawless so far. Only 9.1 mpg doing 55-60mph most of the way with a 25' 6000lb travel trailer which is less than expected, but I may have to set my expectations lower with the steeper axle ratio.
Ford F-150 Long Weekend Camping on Cottonwood Pass CO with F-150 Powerboost PXL_20220618_003205358.MP~2

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Coleman Fleetwood Utah?

Reminds me of our old
IMG_3026.JPG
It was a great trailer. Power lift roof, inside washroom and the add-a-room. Miles better than the old Bon-Air it replaced. We replaced the Utah with a 23' (hitch to bumper) hardwall as the constant set up / take down was getting old, haha. No, I don't think so.... what is the PUX forum?
Nothing wrong with a Bonaire, well ? 21 King Ranch with our 1976 Bonaire last year. Hoping once again it survived the winter for another trip this year late August. Also a better look at the start of last years trip.

Ford F-150 Long Weekend Camping on Cottonwood Pass CO with F-150 Powerboost 4C460C8A-F861-47DB-8089-553015157E33

Ford F-150 Long Weekend Camping on Cottonwood Pass CO with F-150 Powerboost 1742819C-331E-48E5-A37C-A43269C871E3
Sponsored