Sponsored

Long Term Review of Valuguard Undercoating?

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Does anyone have a long term review of Valuguard Undercoating? This is what the local Line-X dealer uses. I like that fact that it doesn't need to be applied annually, but do not know how it holds up over time. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Does anyone have a long term review of Valuguard Undercoating? This is what the local Line-X dealer uses. I like that fact that it doesn't need to be applied annually, but do not know how it holds up over time. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
You want to ask the line x guy what the number of the product is. Since is not a yearly reapplication or touch up it is probably VG 160 (Valugard 160). That VG 160 is what you want and if it is not VG 160 call around to other line x's until you find one that does use it.

VG 160 is the product that is most similar to cosmoline. Cosmoline is the best if you want to try to do it yourself but having line x use VG 160 is more convenient. Paying someone else to do it is always easier. :) They have the equipment too.

Ask him about the box frame of the truck and he should say he uses a 360 degree nozzle to coat the inside. This is the most important part. That 360 nozzle is the best but as long as he sprays inside good, that is what you want. Outside the frame is easy and you can do that with rattle cans, it is the inside of the frame that is key. That is what you pay for.

Do some searches for cosmoline and you will see what I am talking about. Many military parts from WWII are still around with cosmoline and cleaning them is a nightmare. However once you get it off, the metal is still brand new. Good luck.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I had line x do my undercoating as well as bedliner. He told me to come back every other year and they would inspect it. If any needed reapplying they do it at no cost labor wise just pay for whatever amount of product they use. It seems like they did an excellent job from what I can see.

OP
OP
Je1279

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
VG 160 is the product that is most similar to cosmoline.

Do some searches for cosmoline and you will see what I am talking about. Many military parts from WWII are still around with cosmoline and cleaning them is a nightmare. However once you get it off, the metal is still brand new. Good luck.
Good to know! I actually used cosmoline on the underside of my finish mower to prevent it from rusting and to reduce grass buildup. It is also infinitely more pleasurable to work with than Nox-rust X-121B that GM uses as a rust preventative on their frames.
Sponsored

Last edited: