JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Pictures:

Ford F-150 Lomax Tri-Fold Black Urethane 6.5’ Tonneau 2AA25847-5554-4762-AC5F-2129C94770FB
Ford F-150 Lomax Tri-Fold Black Urethane 6.5’ Tonneau DF4A6C89-72FF-4B04-8008-6E13052FAE55
Ford F-150 Lomax Tri-Fold Black Urethane 6.5’ Tonneau 7F90C622-7B2D-4036-8789-D11B34B36310

Ford F-150 Lomax Tri-Fold Black Urethane 6.5’ Tonneau 2D5DDAA1-45E9-4FBF-8B02-040460FA6AEC

It's been almost a month, so I thought I’d offer my opinion of my second ever tonneau cover.

My first was a Bak Revolver X4 on my 2015 F150. I won’t be comparing the two, but can elaborate on differences if folks would like.

Installation wasn't too bad (1 hour), I managed to bend 1 of the 8 C clamps that fastens the tonneau rail to the bed rail while trying to torque to instruction spec, so that was a little irritating.

Many have complained of unfinished/sharp edges on the side of the cover, the edge on mine isn't smooth, but I wouldn't call it sharp either, the edge on mine at least is all black and doesn't have any exposed bare aluminum.

I have not encountered any water penetration, I really like how it seals at the tailgate and am kicking around the tailgate seal for even more weatherproofing.

I have had to remove the tonneau cover to move a fridge, some cabinets, and a load of junk to the dump. Folding it up is extremely easy and I am able to singlehandedly get it off the bed of the truck and back onto the bed of the truck. It's not so much heavy as it is awkward to carry. I was able to get it to fit in the back seat of my SCREW with the back seats folded up and the drivers seat moved forward, you could probably do this with the passenger seat moved forward.

I added some velcro straps to the clamps to hold the carabiners when they aren't attached to the tonneau, otherwise they will just hang there and make an annoying clink every time you hit a bump.

I would recommend this cover and I think the black urethane coating is really nice.
Sponsored

snipes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 KR
Good review and was big help with finalizing my Lomaz purchase.

Happy with it and black urethane looks sharp on my tremor.

The seal near the can is not flush on the corners.

Does yours have good contact here?

i think the little keepers that slot into the rail has some gap and was thinking about shoving something in there too make it tighter.

OP
OP
JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Good review and was big help with finalizing my Lomaz purchase.

Happy with it and black urethane looks sharp on my tremor.

The seal near the can is not flush on the corners.

Does yours have good contact here?

i think the little keepers that slot into the rail has some gap and was thinking about shoving something in there too make it tighter.
Mine does have good contact, are your rails tilted to high up? I nearly messed that up. Also some time in the hot sun helped this expand to a good fit.
Sponsored